• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat 1 Discussion Thread

I think he meant that before Liu and Shang fought, there was only a single timeline, which is true. The cosmology expanded after. Before, it was the same timeline being rewinded and replayed with edits. In Elder Scrolls terms, Liu vs Shang would be considered a Dragon Break event.

Or he meant there aren't infinite other timelines which would be needed for 2-A.
Yes this is what I meant

Which, again, is wrong, since Liu Kang blatantly states that there was once one timeline, but now there are many, with each alternate timeline representing a different possible outcome against Kronika, Liu Kang even saying that those possibilities are endless.

At the very least, if a concrete 2-A rating isn't give, it should at the bare minimum be "At least 2-B, likely 2-A". But given that "endless" practically means the exact same thing as "limitless", "infinite" and "boundless" in terms of basic English comprehension (With there being zero chance for Liu Kang to bullshit here), 2-A would be the most accurate rating.
There’s no proof for infinite timelines

It also doesn’t scale to AP, otherwise destroying the hourglass wouldn’t have needed to be required to destroy the timeline. Environmental damage if anything.

It also doesn’t scale to AP, otherwise destroying the hourglass wouldn’t have needed to be required to destroy the timeline. Environmental damage if anything.
Shang might not have the AOE for that. AOE doesn't always correlate with AP. Goku can't destroy the universe for instance.

Yeah the hourglass ⌛ shit had nothing to do with the fight lol

But for the most part it solidify Uni-Low Multi shit

Multi stuff could be full on confirmed in a future dlc so it's a possibility rating

I am fine with a tentative 2-B God Tiers for now.

Let's talk about average Kombatant scaling. During Rain's Kombat Kast, Stephanie said that Rain has the monstrous leg strength that would be required for his around the world kick. I've heard that its calc gives impressive numbers.

There’s no proof for infinite timelines
Stating there’s “many” timelines doesn’t mean they’re infinite.
Liu Kang disagrees. But I suppose we'll agree to disagree on that front.

That's not really an anti-feat in the slightest, given Shang Tsung's deceptive nature and the fact that a shortcut to destroying the timeline literally exists right in front of him so that he doesn't have to sully his hands further and waste extra time and effort on the plans.

And again, the Hourglass had nothing to do at all with the actual fight.

I have a controversial opinion. One Being is weaker than Kronika and all the Titans birthed after Aftermath and should not be considered the top of the verse anymore. Not to mention his lore entirely revolves around the unified realms and he got incapacitated by the Elder Gods who are no longer that impressive.

I have a controversial opinion. One Being is weaker than Kronika and all the Titans birthed after Aftermath and should not be considered the top of the verse anymore. Not to mention his lore entirely revolves around the unified realms and he got incapacitated by the Elder Gods who are no longer that impressive.
MK1 in a nutshell when they butcher the established scales and when we ask why inconsistencies exist now in Armageddon 2.0:

At this point One being being weaker should be DOA because the games don’t depict the battle for one being battle happening in every timeline.

damn, 2-A yet they still peak at Massively Hypersonic+ speeds
Tbh I think Rel is arguable. What’s funnier is they only have Class K

also its wild we’re at the point where Low Multi - Multi+ MK is viable
I am fine with a tentative 2-B God Tiers for now.
I think 2-C works too
Let's talk about average Kombatant scaling. During Rain's Kombat Kast, Stephanie said that Rain has the monstrous leg strength that would be required for his around the world kick. I've heard that its calc gives impressive numbers.
that’d be city level and relativistic
Even Cetrion is stronger than the other Elder Gods combined.
Tbh I’d argue Cetrion isn’t that far above the others

The problem with Jinsei's 2-A amplification is that Shinnok managed to corrupt this power (2-A) and was also greatly amplified by it.

So Cassie is 2-A 🗿

but nah I think it’s less the Jinsei specifically but more Jinsei + Liu Squared + Raiden so Fire God Liu is a freak

thiugh I do think the White Revenants kinda backscale

So Cassie is 2-A 🗿

but nah I think it’s less the Jinsei specifically but more Jinsei + Liu Squared + Raiden so Fire God Liu is a freak

thiugh I do think the White Revenants kinda backscale
I mean, he's still level 8 even with all that. Only with Jinsei would he live at level 2-A.

Do you think the mk1 arcade endings are canonical?

Cage said in the story that he would make films about what happened in mk1, and at the end of it in the arcade, he does it together with the others.

Seeing the endings of Liu Kang, Cage, Mileena, and it doesn't seem like they contradict each other.

All 4 Kronika fans are gonna be upset when they play the game and find out her appearance in the game is just as a disguise for Shang Tsung

Bro brought that Bi Han hater energy to this fine establishment.

Speaking of, Titan Kitana slicing up the Kombat Kids and Kotal being a giga jobber yet again was funny af.

Do you think the mk1 arcade endings are canonical?

Cage said in the story that he would make films about what happened in mk1, and at the end of it in the arcade, he does it together with the others.

Seeing the endings of Liu Kang, Cage, Mileena, and it doesn't seem like they contradict each other.
Looks like they're canonical epilogues, even the intro dialogues reference these events

And if they are confirmed canon, then that means we have Rain's feat to calculate for summoning a wave that flooded and crushed the city of Seido

Bro brought that Bi Han hater energy to this fine establishment.

Speaking of, Titan Kitana slicing up the Kombat Kids and Kotal being a giga jobber yet again was funny af.
Speaking of Kotal, we'll likely going to get him as a DLC since in final chapter you'll fight Quan Chi with some of his moves

The problem with Jinsei's 2-A amplification is that Shinnok managed to corrupt this power (2-A) and was also greatly amplified by it.
Issue with that is Shinnok got corrupted, Liu Kang didn't. So I'd argue it wasn't complete and rather, not scaleable to 2-A.

Issue with that is Shinnok got corrupted, Liu Kang didn't. So I'd argue it wasn't complete and rather, not scaleable to 2-A.
It would still have enough power to corrupt a 2-A power source. Furthermore, we don't have any kind of statement that corrupted = less power.

It would still have enough power to corrupt a 2-A power source. Furthermore, we don't have any kind of statement that corrupted = less power.
Jesus Fu-king Christ every fu-king time I look at MK1 it gives me even more headaches and scaling is the least of it.

Back