• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat 1 Discussion Thread

Honestly it’d be a fun debate, sadly idk if Jason still has his profile

Nah sub is public
Jason doesn't but I can cook one up if it's allowed. Speaking of which, the Midway profiles stuff is getting delayed because I need that ONE statement where someone (maybe Argus) said that he had a plan that will make use of the growing powers for Armageddon, which is critical for scaling. I just can't remember where was it and I hope it wasn't a personal Mandela effect for me
Shang also gets magma manipulation in his second fatality, just has it in a jar.

Mileena also uses Tarkatan Blades in her brutality, so that’s Bodily Weaponry and Body Control for her off the bat
Done

Launch trailer:

Also we'll get the early access in two days so be prepared, folks, time to cook
AAZ40cAAE1Nj.jpg

Also some of the chapters glimpse:
They did Mileena justice here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/397695-mortal-kombat-1/80560123
Also in that thread you'll get some of funny scaling there and there

Full story mode cutscenes are out now, haven't watched them all myself but 2 things worth of note:

When discussing earthrealm, Kung Lao and Raiden ask Lui Kang if he means earth and he responds by telling them earthrealm is more than just the earth, so just more confirmation that a realm isn't limited to a single planet, and then he says all the realms make up the universe so consistent with Ed Boon saying the realm doesn't encompass the entire cosmos. Also when Titan Shang Tsung is defeated and erased his entire timeline begins collapsing without him to sustain it, not sure if it's scalable to anything like stats yet tho.

Hmm so Uni has potential
I'd argue 2-A has poential outright, because of the fight from Liu Kang vs Shang Tsung from Aftermath. Liu Kang states that there are endless possibilities as a result of this fight when he and Kitana reunite.

Full story mode cutscenes are out now, haven't watched them all myself but 2 things worth of note:

When discussing earthrealm, Kung Lao and Raiden ask Lui Kang if he means earth and he responds by telling them earthrealm is more than just the earth, so just more confirmation that a realm isn't limited to a single planet, and then he says all the realms make up the universe so consistent with Ed Boon saying the realm doesn't encompass the entire cosmos. Also when Titan Shang Tsung is defeated and erased his entire timeline begins collapsing without him to sustain it, not sure if it's scalable to anything like stats yet tho.
Ed Boon also states that there is no physical limit to any of these realms, plus John Tobias's tweet calls the cosmos infinite.

Raiden also calls the Sea of Blood as bottomless, that if you were to fall into it, you would keep falling forever.

Ed Boon also states that there is no physical limit to any of these realms, plus John Tobias's tweet calls the cosmos infinite.

Raiden also calls the Sea of Blood as bottomless, that if you were to fall into it, you would keep falling forever.
Tobias also claims time flows differently between the Realms, it’s why Shao is so eager to win
General Shao really goes 0 for 4 in this game lmao, this man does not win a single fight the entire game/ISPOILER]
**** they made my man a jobber
I'd argue 2-A has poential outright, because of the fight from Liu Kang vs Shang Tsung from Aftermath. Liu Kang states that there are endless possibilities as a result of this fight when he and Kitana reunite.
how are we in a world where Mortal Kombat destroys GOW.

also watching the story and I just want to note Raiden gets summoning for the Lightning Elemental Kameo he uses in story mode

That was one of the worst endings I've ever seen.

Who had the idea of making all the endings of mk 11 canonical?

And who came up with the idea of a random game where the player chooses to beat the Titan Shang Tsung? It should have been the original Liu Kang.

And wow, the scaling is still terrible. Even the fire god Liu Kang (other than the Titan) can lose to what? Anyone if you're casting the characters.

Given that every MK11 ending is canon, would everyone from that game get a new 2-A key or will we just leave it with the ones that actually show up in MK1

Given that every MK11 ending is canon, would everyone from that game get a new 2-A key or will we just leave it with the ones that actually show up in MK1
I'd argue only the ones who were shown in MK1 and actually confirmed to have defeated Kronika and become Titans.

That was one of the worst endings I've ever seen.

Who had the idea of making all the endings of mk 11 canonical?

And who came up with the idea of a random game where the player chooses to beat the Titan Shang Tsung? It should have been the original Liu Kang.

And wow, the scaling is still terrible. Even the fire god Liu Kang (other than the Titan) can lose to what? Anyone if you're casting the characters.
Gee you came to this thread just to complaint lel, i hope you don't become so obnoxious over it or you'll give me a headache

This is a topic to talk about MK, what did you want?
Being less obnoxious, of course, tho it's not your intention lel
If you really want to ask me about the ending, it's a refreshing to see a happy ending after a while, of course it's kinda lame for you which i get it
I have the same problem about the final chapter about chose everyone, but i kinda see the good thing on it, like imagine Shao and Liu Kang together is pretty hilarious

Scaling, this is MK, what did you expect?

On the topic of jobbers, MK1 is the first ever MK game to have game over screens (tho not cinematic, just text) in story mode. I saw what happens if you lose to Kitana and Shao as Raiden in Chapter 3, if you lose to Kitana as Raiden it's because of her social influencing and if you lose to Shao then Raiden feels super humiliated and Shao and his armies are empowered to overthrow the royal court. So I guess the so-called jobbers still have some credibility to them as they are still very capable of beating you and that's the reason why you have to win against them in the first place. And it's more impressive for the playable character, like Raiden overcoming Kitana's charm in battle for instance

Personally I would like to lay off the tier 2 talks here, stuff like that wracks my head and right now we have more important stuff in progress since 2021 which is the split between Midway and NRS profiles. I am only missing one more proof that would scale everyone to Blaze. It's a statement where someone (possibly Argus) came up with a plan that would make use of the kombatant's growing powers. This implies that they are all capable of fighting Blaze even tho we know who's supposed to beat him. Asking for all of your help in finding this, I have a feeling that this is a personal Mandela effect for me but I really hope it's not a wild goose chase because I'm certain I heard it before

Last edited:
Huh, so jobbers in this installment aren't a insult now, good to know that they have a reasons and made your playable chars actually win instead "yeah they win just because lmao"
Tho Lhao is still sound so funny lmao, but it make me wonder what kind of game over you get from the other playable characters that lose to Shao

The ending made my head boil over more than Emesis Blue did. Feels like the later parts of the story was too compact for me to process it properly.

Ok so they’re no 2-A cosmology. It blatantly states that there’s no timelines co existing. Then the fight between liu and Shang caused the endings to be split. Not infinite timelines but multiple. Which would be 2-C to 2-B level. None of which scales to AP.

I'm honestly going to throw my hat into outright at least 2-C, possibly 2-B/2-A AP here and not just for Keeper of Time but Fire (+ Lightning) God Liu Kang too. The story says that his fight with Kronika's Crown Shang Tsung released such a mammoth amount of energy that it caused the singular temporal cosmology of Mortal Kombat to fragment into one with multiple parallel timelines. And we already know about the sizes of the individual realms. Kronika and Crown Shang Tsung should also scale.

Note that MK1 FG Liu Kang for most of the story would not scale to his peak in MK11 because he gives away his lightning powers and his Keeper of Time status.

I'd also add that the Hourglass offers a stat boost but not that much. In the Snow Blind movie, King Kano is stronger than he usually is but still within the capability of Kuai Liang to kill him. Its mostly good for reality warping and rewinding history.

Last edited:
I'm honestly going to throw my hat into outright at least 2-C, possibly 2-B/2-A AP here and not just for Keeper of Time but Fire (+ Lightning) God Liu Kang too. The story says that his fight with Kronika's Crown Shang Tsung released such a mammoth amount of energy that it caused the singular temporal cosmology of Mortal Kombat to fragment into one with multiple parallel timelines. And we already know about the sizes of the individual realms.
The problem with that is we don’t know how much energy in MK canon that’s required to do that or the extra context needed. Even unbalancing furies can cause realms to merge.

this power should only scale to the hour glass

Snow blinds isn’t canon to the games and Kano gave away his God powers in that movie too.
FG Liu Kang makes a reference to Kano becoming Keeper of Time in the story when he's explaining parallel timelines to Titan Kitana. The writers must have put that in as a reference to Snow Blind. Also, Kano hadn't relinquished being the Time Keeper, he just chose to leave and do something more entertaining than sitting around fiddling with it. He's still able to use the Hourglass to warp reality when he wants to.

As for context on the feat, I doubt you're ever going to get that. And that fight didn't involve the Hourglass at all so the timeline split can't be attributed to it. Their fight releasing enough energy to cause the creation of multiple timelines is a self-evident feat that doesn't really necessitate further explanation. Just like how Dragon Ball characters get their universe and above scaling from the results of their fights like Goku vs Beerus shaking the universe, God of Destruction vs God of Destruction destroying both universes, Goku's fight causing the World of Void to shake etc.

Last edited:
The problem with that is we don’t know how much energy in MK canon that’s required to do that or the extra context needed.
No.

Creating timelines by default is Low 2-C for all fictions, and Liu Kang's statements confirm there to be an infinite number of them. Thus, 2-A.

Normal energy standards can't be applied on Tier 2 anyway so the whole "How much energy is required to pull this off" is utterly irrelevant.

Even unbalancing furies can cause realms to merge.
Realms =/= Timelines anymore based on what MK1 has going for itself, unless you can prove cases of Hypertimelines.

this power should only scale to the hour glass
This feat had nothing to do with the Hourglass. Blatantly stated in the game to be a result of the raw power emanated from Liu Kang and Shang Tsung's fight.

Ok so they’re no 2-A cosmology. It blatantly states that there’s no timelines co existing. Then the fight between liu and Shang caused the endings to be split. Not infinite timelines but multiple. Which would be 2-C to 2-B level.
Uhhhhhhh... no.

Shang Tsung literally says this:

"My counterpart says that your battle with him ripped time's fabric, creating two timelines... But how do we know it wasn't torn further? If there are two timelines, can't there be more?"

Liu Kang also says the same:

"Where there was once one timeline, there are now many. Each new timeline represents a different possible outcome of that battle. In others it could be Jade, Sindel, even Kano. The possibilities are endless."

Literally in the game we are told by both Shang Tsung and Liu Kang that the timelines were indeed actually co-existing with each other.

None of which scales to AP.
Unfortunately, it does, because it's literally caused as a result of Liu Kang and Shang Tsung clashing in battle, similar to Goku vs Beerus in Dragon Ball or Ceto vs Uranus in God of War. Once again, Hourglass has nothing to do with this feat at all.

Last edited:
Uhhhhhhh... no.

Shang Tsung literally says this:

"My counterpart says that your battle with him ripped time's fabric, creating two timelines... But how do we know it wasn't torn further? If there are two timelines, can't there be more?"
I think he meant that before Liu and Shang fought, there was only a single timeline, which is true. The cosmology expanded after. Before, it was the same timeline being rewinded and replayed with edits. In Elder Scrolls terms, Liu vs Shang would be considered a Dragon Break event.

Or he meant there aren't infinite other timelines which would be needed for 2-A.

I think he meant that before Liu and Shang fought, there was only a single timeline, which is true. The cosmology expanded after. Before, it was the same timeline being rewinded and replayed with edits. In Elder Scrolls terms, Liu vs Shang would be considered a Dragon Break event.
His comment certainly doesn't seem to be worded that way, it tries to imply as if separate timelines don't exist at all post-Aftermath (Which is visibly wrong as of MK1's final chapters).

In any case, it doesn't matter, their fight caused MK to spontaneously combust into a 2-A cosmology through nothing but raw strength.

Or he meant there aren't infinite other timelines which would be needed for 2-A.
Which, again, is wrong, since Liu Kang blatantly states that there was once one timeline, but now there are many, with each alternate timeline representing a different possible outcome against Kronika, Liu Kang even saying that those possibilities are endless.

At the very least, if a concrete 2-A rating isn't give, it should at the bare minimum be "At least 2-B, likely 2-A". But given that "endless" practically means the exact same thing as "limitless", "infinite" and "boundless" in terms of basic English comprehension (With there being zero chance for Liu Kang to bullshit here), 2-A would be the most accurate rating.

I'm honestly going to throw my hat into outright at least 2-C, possibly 2-B/2-A AP here and not just for Keeper of Time but Fire (+ Lightning) God Liu Kang too. The story says that his fight with Kronika's Crown Shang Tsung released such a mammoth amount of energy that it caused the singular temporal cosmology of Mortal Kombat to fragment into one with multiple parallel timelines. And we already know about the sizes of the individual realms. Kronika and Crown Shang Tsung should also scale.
Honestly for Liu Kang's side I'd argue Keeper of Time Liu Kang and Fire + Lightning God Liu Kang amped with the Jinsei should scale. Without the Jinsei, Liu Kang was getting overwhelmed pretty fast by his friends' Revenant counterparts.

So yeah, there might be a chance for his Tier 8 key to stay alongside his Tier 2 one.

Last edited:
Back