• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat 1 Discussion Thread

I'm reading the OG TMNT comics and I must say they would fit more in MK1 rather than Injustice tbh.

I always thought Shredder was a recurring villain but it's new that he gets killed in the first issue. Even more surprising than the TMNT killing some chumps

He'll most likely come back, because at first it was meant to be a one issue-only, but then they continued it due to its unexpected sales.
And yes, their graduation test for ninjitsu consists in actually picking up a fight with the toughest gang around and kill them 'all, so that they might be ready to kill Shredder and accomplish Splinter's revenge. During the fight, they first kill 10+ Foot Clan Ninjas, then proceed to do the same to Shredder in a fairly-well coreographed fight.

Well Megan Fox voicing Nitara wasn't on my bingo card.

As far as celebrity voices go she's sounds much better than Ronda Rousey did in MK11 (Not that it's a high bar to clear), sounded alright in the new trailer. Her gameplay looks pretty fun and I also like her new design, never liker her original one personally.

F5X0v0nXgAAQFkt

Ok this is a cheesy reference, I like that.

So what's the likelihood that she'll be a better VA than Ronda Rousey in MK11? I haven't really touched MK until not, but I did hear people complain a while back.

So what's the likelihood that she'll be a better VA than Ronda Rousey in MK11? I haven't really touched MK until not, but I did hear people complain a while back.
Well the lines she did just in the trailer are already better than anything Ronda did in 11, although that's not a hard thing to accomplish

Thought I heard "Jade's body" and assumed NRS killed her off so her fans would shut up 🤣
I heard Jin’s

but yeah saw Megan as Nitara coming and she looks ok. Need to see more of her moves though
she already is 🗿

This guy spotted Darrius and Quan Chi for a few frames in the cutscenes, apparently Darrius is in the Living Forest siding with Nitara so he might be with others like Havik, a fellow Orderrealmer, and Quan Chi who can be seen in the background doing some evil bad magic that might've caused the woods to become the Corrupted Forest stage where Ashrah fights Havik. I guess that means the remaining non-klassic kameos like Sareena and Shujinko are canon now

Oo that’s cool

I could see Frost appearing in the story too
Also realized that Nitara might share her blood magik with Havik like in the largely retconned MKX comics because both of them have the same red blood powers in their gameplay so far, maybe NRS is bringing back the connections they once had in those comics

This guy spotted Darrius and Quan Chi for a few frames in the cutscenes, apparently Darrius is in the Living Forest siding with Nitara so he might be with others like Havik, a fellow Orderrealmer, and Quan Chi who can be seen in the background doing some evil bad magic that might've caused the woods to become the Corrupted Forest stage where Ashrah fights Havik. I guess that means the remaining non-klassic kameos like Sareena and Shujinko are canon now

F***ing clickbaiter with that title about Geras 💀
Other than that that's an awesome details

Watched the Hot Ones vid with Ed Boon, he addressed the flaw in MK story modes where fights happen only because of minor inconveniences that can be solved by not fighting, like Johnny Cage getting on Jax's nerves in the latter's chapter in MK9. MK1 is likely not going to do stuff like this again, which is nice to hear for the scaling.

Don't open if you don't want minor spoilers on story and fatalities. Mostly promising stuff for MK1

Saw some leaks where Baraka has a chapter, looks like he isn't a jobber anymore. There's a screenshot where he has to fight a wave of Tarkatan clones who are just reskinned Barakas in Shang Tsung's Flesh Pits, so chances are not all story fights will have a playable character job to another for plot, instead they may have to fight NPCs. Also some fatalities didn't add new powers, but added some depth to existing ones like Rain's water manip using water currents to tear up chumps, and some powers returned with more blatant showings like Scorpion's weapon control (from one of his intro animations) which used to have no kombat applications until one of his fatalities showed that he can use it in kombat

Don't open if you don't want minor spoilers on story and fatalities. Mostly promising stuff for MK1

Saw some leaks where Baraka has a chapter, looks like he isn't a jobber anymore. There's a screenshot where he has to fight a wave of Tarkatan clones who are just reskinned Barakas in Shang Tsung's Flesh Pits, so chances are not all story fights will have a playable character job to another for plot, instead they may have to fight NPCs. Also some fatalities didn't add new powers, but added some depth to existing ones like Rain's water manip using water currents to tear up chumps, and some powers returned with more blatant showings like Scorpion's weapon control (from one of his intro animations) which used to have no kombat applications until one of his fatalities showed that he can use it in kombat
There's a hope for Liu Kang Black Hole Spaghetti maker!

And it's nice to heard that Baraka has his own chapter, that mean Reptile is likely as well based on the trailer we got about his showcase
Also i hope we'll get something on Geras soon, that video title with him taking the L pissed me off lel, f***ing clickbaiter

There's a hope for Liu Kang Black Hole Spaghetti maker!

And it's nice to heard that Baraka has his own chapter, that mean Reptile is likely as well based on the trailer we got about his showcase
Also i hope we'll get something on Geras soon, that video title with him taking the L pissed me off lel, f***ing clickbaiter
Hey that guy has respect for Geras

Alright bois, leaks are droppjng

Titan Kitana is real and wipes out the Kombat Kids, Havik kills what’s seemingly classic Jax and we see Shang gathering hundreds of characters from alternative timelines

Last edited:
So some more story shit

Quan chi is in the story and is mentioned aS why Nitara and vampires are no longer burned by sunlight (biological manipulation?), he also corrupts the Living Forest with a ritual which leaves the souls within restless (Ermac’s created this way)

so that’s Life Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Fusionism, Bio manipulation and Corruption

Sareena is also in story and is shown fighting evenly with Kung Lao at one point so she gets a profile as well

Darius fights Cage

Baraka beats Ashrah

Nitara is seemingly strong

Alright bois, leaks are droppjng

Titan Kitana is real and wipes out the Kombat Kids, Havik kills what’s seemingly classic Jax and we see Shang gathering hundreds of characters frkm alternative timelines
Wtf Titan Kitana? 😱
Also that's a good start for Havik, anything else we have for him so far?

Yeah ***** wild

the story seems to involve a third act collision of timelines, Liu faces an evil Fire God, Titan Shang apparently appears and variants of Shao, Reptile and others (some have the powers of other fighters) make appearances

Havik seems to be a bit of a jobber from what I’ve heard but I know he fights Ashrah and he might power up for the third act (since he has a new design when he kills MKII Jax)

Also Invasion Scorpion looks dope and I’ll be back tomorrow with the story leaks since the entire 9 hour thing dropped

Back