• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat 1 Discussion Thread

But if so where was this power in Kronika's hands
She needed the crown to use the hourglass, and when she got it, she didn't really have a chance to 100% use the hourglass. She only used it if you lost a round and it wasn't even him shaping everything, it was just going back in time.

Liu had all the time in the world to create his new timeline.

Just watched the Kombat Kast
  • Sindel can freaking mind hax your kameo and force them to fight for her, so now she has two kameos to use
  • Rain doesn't have anything new but he has impressive VFX and use of his new water magic and lightning powers, plus his water portals remind me of someone that I can't seem to remember
  • Not much new abilities on Shao but he has very interesting gameplay
  • Looks like Motaro is a cyborg, his metal implants are the source of his new red energy powers, such as when he lasers the opponent in his fatality

It's still far, far too early to tell, but I think this might be the first time Shao could potentially be be high tier (Not counting MKT, man is broken as hell in that one). He's a decent mid tier in 11, an ok mid tier in Armageddon, and he sure does exist in Deception, but his moveset in this game looks like it has serious potential once pro players get their hands on him.

Shao has Statistics Amplification via Damage Boost but yeah he doesn’t have much hax in this one. Hopefully the story mode gives him some stuff, I do like how filthy he’s going to be if you give him Motaro though.

speaking of, could Kameos get profiles if they appear in story? Like if Motaro or Shujinko show up could they get New Era profiles chronicling their respective hax?

Shao has Statistics Amplification via Damage Boost but yeah he doesn’t have much hax in this one. Hopefully the story mode gives him some stuff, I do like how filthy he’s going to be if you give him Motaro though.

speaking of, could Kameos get profiles if they appear in story? Like if Motaro or Shujinko show up could they get New Era profiles chronicling their respective hax?
Hard to say, some of the cameos are 3D era models.

Yeah they could, we know Goro and Motaro are in the story, although klassic skin kameos are non-canon, some are canon like Kameo Sub being used in the story which means we can list the kameo abilities in their profiles

Another feats for Havik, he can rip off his heart and some of bone regen, so immortality type 7 perhaps?
Also doing Kano fatality on Havik will be so awkward since he can live without his heart lmao

I think Havik's feat is just type 2 immo and mid regen, he isn't undead so much as a body horror guy

Yeah they could, we know Goro and Motaro are in the story, although klassic skin kameos are non-canon, some are canon like Kameo Sub being used in the story which means we can list the kameo abilities in their profiles
Dope, Bisexual Han gets teleportation then
I think Havik's feat is just type 2 immo and mid regen, he isn't undead so much as a body horror guy
Yeah Havik has some good regen and immortality

I was inspired to make this after rewatching Big Yellow's fighting game orbs video last night.

F4fMMNoXMAEZMu4

I think Lui Kang and Kronika will be the strongest characters, Shang Tsung might be up there with them given his role seems to be as the secondary antagonist.

Besides that the scaling is massively up in the air, Reptile could end up being one of the top 5 strongest characters for all we know.

It's essentially the only thing / a device capable of harnessing the hour glass to create a timeline from scratch and also amps the users stats.
It creates a timeline by resetting time, it's not a matter of raw power but temporal energy from the vast amount of souls. It's essentially using their time to manipulate the hourglass.

Sounds plausible but back it up with the source.
LIU KANG: That island is in ruins. What could possibly--

KRONIKA: Timecraft requires an abundance of raw temporal energy.
Every mortal soul contains a lifetime of this power. Every hour,
every minute, every second lived, is stored within.

LIU KANG: Shang Tsung fed off souls. He collected them.

KRONIKA: In his Well of Souls which remains, untouched, beneath
his island. A destiny I crafted for Shang Tsung, in case I ever
had need.

More like it spends each soul's lifetime to rewind time

I also just realized that story fights with Kameos will add more to MK scaling, whether that's good or bad remains to be seen

Last edited:
LIU KANG: That island is in ruins. What could possibly--

KRONIKA: Timecraft requires an abundance of raw temporal energy.
Every mortal soul contains a lifetime of this power. Every hour,
every minute, every second lived, is stored within.

LIU KANG: Shang Tsung fed off souls. He collected them.

KRONIKA: In his Well of Souls which remains, untouched, beneath
his island. A destiny I crafted for Shang Tsung, in case I ever
had need.
Wouldn't that mean all soul manipulation in Mortal Kombat involves limited time manipulation in a way?

Guys, I have a question: does Sub-Zero's ability to form ice spikes on his shoulder to make his shoulder charges deadly count as Bodily Weaponry? This line in page for it says so, "Said weapons can be made of non-standard materials, such as or rock or metal, be combined with elements or utilized to absorb blood or life energy", but I want confirmation because I haven't seen any character with deadly ice sticking out of them have BW

Back