• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat 1 Discussion Thread

They have no reason to scale to the shockwaves released in their bout. This ain’t Dragon Ball Super
But the shockwaves were released from their power?
And wouldn’t their temporal bullshit scale to Kronika
Yea probably. Low 2-C would be reinforced since it was stated on Twitter by a story writer that Titans scale above the One Being (I can look for the tweet)

Could be 2-C going off of the fact that Shang Tsung was going to merge the realms, so idk. Maybe we could do a:

Low 2-C, up to 2-C with Preparation

But the shockwaves were released from their power?
Means little if it’s not something they’re blasting outwards
Yea probably. Low 2-C would be reinforced since it was stated on Twitter by a story writer that Titans scale above the One Being (I can look for the tweet)

Could be 2-C going off of the fact that Shang Tsung was going to merge the realms, so idk. Maybe we could do a:

Low 2-C, up to 2-C with Preparation
What about Cetrion?

not at all what i mean. What happened is shang and liu kang released "mammoth energies" from themselves.

Its from their own bodies

Probably not, since Cetrion is stated to be the counterpart of Shinnok so Shinnok would become Low 2-C

And then you have Johnny and Cassie who scale to them with green energy, and yea it’s gonna cause huge inconsistencies
Wasn't it implied that the green energy was somehow a particular counetr to Shinnok specifically? I mean yeah, Shao Kahn can use it to but it's mroe a byproduct of his magic

not at all what i mean. What happened is shang and liu kang released "mammoth energies" from themselves.

Its from their own bodies

"Our battle released mammoth energies"

They weren't just shooting energy that was ******* up the space-time continuum, they fought, and that fight was ******* up the universe

I fail to see why these mammoth energies are something that can be scaleable to SPEED

Should probably note on Liu’s profile that he gets Fate Manipulation

Considering he was able to rewrite the destiny of a few characters like Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn

Also should Kronika get Void Manipulation? She banished Nightwolf to the Void and then was able to remove him later on

Guys I just wondering if we could calc the speed of Shinnok's Amulet in MKX because there's an overlooked feat where it stops Kotal's sun beam in his chapter. When Mileena was surrounded, Kotal prepared to finish her with his sun powers and chanted an incantation to fire it at her, but she pulled out the Amulet and shot it at him to clash its beam against his sun beam before it overpowered him.

Now the feat here is the speed of the Amulet's beam which it used to intercept the sun beam before it could reach Mileena. Now this doesn't scale to her or Kotal since the attack was telegraphed by Kotal's chanting which gave her time to react but the Amulet itself is fast enough to do this, so I wonder if this scales to the top tiers

Guys I just wondering if we could calc the speed of Shinnok's Amulet in MKX because there's an overlooked feat where it stops Kotal's sun beam in his chapter. When Mileena was surrounded, Kotal prepared to finish her with his sun powers and chanted an incantation to fire it at her, but she pulled out the Amulet and shot it at him to clash its beam against his sun beam before it overpowered him.

Now the feat here is the speed of the Amulet's beam which it used to intercept the sun beam before it could reach Mileena. Now this doesn't scale to her or Kotal since the attack was telegraphed by Kotal's chanting which gave her time to react but the Amulet itself is fast enough to do this, so I wonder if this scales to the top tiers
Does anyone ever react to the Amulet? I would need to go back and check

Also wait I just realized that it would scale to Mileena’s combat speed. She raised her arm to aim the Amulet after Kotal fired his sun blast

This could be Relativistic

Kotal khan: 2.06 m tall

Humans are usually 7.5 heads tall

Kotal Kahn head height: 0.274 m

Kotal Kahn pixel head height: 160 px

Panel height: 948 px

(948*0.274)/[160*2tan(70/2)

1.713 m = Distance between Kotal Kahn and Mileena

1.713/299792458 = Mileena’s timeframe to react

5.71395295e-9 seconds

Mileena height; 1.702 meters

Humans arms are usually 1/2 of their height

1.702/2 = 0.851 m = Mileena arm

She raised her arm 90 degrees, so:

(90) * (Pi) * (0.851)/180 = 1.34 meters travelled

1.34/5.71395295e-9 = 234513657 m/s

0.78c, Relativistic+

I may have messed up the distance a bit due to the weird perspective of the frame, but feat should still be Relativistic+ combat speed for combatants on par with Mileena

Would appreciate it if someone more well-versed in calcing would give it a try too

Also wait I just realized that it would scale to Mileena’s combat speed. She raised her arm to aim the Amulet after Kotal fired his sun blast

This could be Relativistic
Sorry but I don't think so, like I said it was telegraphed long enough by Kotal's incantation and his glowing aura to give her enough time to react before he even shot her, but at least the top tiers who are high 8-C and above scale to it

Isn't that that based on reaction? Kano telegraphs his laser there with both a glow and a tilt of the head I think
Tbf it looked more like he was going to headbutt Kotal at first (gotta hit him with the mixup) plus it only glows after you complete the QTE and not before, which is when Kano pulls his head back

Sorry but I don't think so, like I said it was telegraphed long enough by Kotal's incantation and his glowing aura to give her enough time to react before he even shot her, but at least the top tiers who are high 8-C and above scale to it
It doesn’t really matter tho, no? She raised her arm AFTER he shot the beam. Even if she predicted he would shoot it, she moved after he shot the blast, so she still scales

Back