• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat 1 Discussion Thread

Also Havik has multiple Class 5 feats, has more Type 2 Immortality (can hold his own severed head without discomfort) and can even steal your limbs (putting your arms where his should be)

Sareena also gets a brutality where she can vaporise you, easy 9-A so we can probably make the average characters 9-A (based off This and other stuff), possibly X tier (based off Rain’s stuff) with the Time Keepers having their Tier 2 stuff. Maybe we can simplify that since certain characters can be chosen for the Time Keepers (like Raiden and Shang)

Shouldn't Rain kick be baseline for this timeline? Considering he isn't a physically oriented character so everyone else should at least be able to match his physicals.

Shouldn't Rain kick be baseline for this timeline? Considering he isn't a physically oriented character so everyone else should at least be able to match his physicals.
Eh it’s kinda weird as a feat imo so we shouldn’t rely too much on it

also I found this, apparently the story DLC script is in the same files and we get details like Titan Havik using the Kamidogu to merge multiple timelines together (and later all is the plan), more for Titans sustaining timelines by existing , Noob apparently being a thing thanks to Havik twisting his body and mind as well as Liu reversing the effects and being able to send people to the void. There’s also rumours of a gender bent Cyrax

Last edited:
There's Rain flooded the city so we can use that if his kick is a bit weird for a scaling
It probably won't be something escalated to the physical. Rain said he had never cast so much magic before.

But still i hope the kick can still be used for feat at least for once here
I doubt it. This kick is like the fatalites from the looks of it, it doesn't seem to be canon. The line in the video simply seems like a joke to what happens in the gameplay and not something canonical that he can actually do in the story. He doesn't even show it, and no character references it.

It probably won't be something escalated to the physical. Rain said he had never cast so much magic before.
Oh yeah that's true
I doubt it. This kick is like the fatalites from the looks of it, it doesn't seem to be canon. The line in the video simply seems like a joke to what happens in the gameplay and not something canonical that he can actually do in the story. He doesn't even show it, and no character references it.
Man, looks like MK will never get their tier 7 back forever, i'm depressed

Man, looks like MK will never get their tier 7 back forever, i'm depressed
There is that feat from the first timeline (before mk9) that a raiden fight shakes the center of the earth. The calculation is probably wrong due to time, and honestly, I don't even know if the feat is valid or not (I don't know if it's history or the end of the tower). But it exists.

Furthermore, there's that problem of inconsistency and "everyone beats everyone else" that mk has always had (at least since mk9)

I think i remember that the shaking the center of the earth by Raiden fight was valid, but i can't fathom that yet, maybe Hell and Amp can confirm that one

I don't think Johnny saying he'll be ketchup to Cyrax's mustard warrants a genderbend, yet.
Johnny Cage is bi confirmed
I think i remember that the shaking the center of the earth by Raiden fight was valid, but i can't fathom that yet, maybe Hell and Amp can confirm that one
is this the one with Shao?
There's Rain flooded the city so we can use that if his kick is a bit weird for a scaling
But still i hope the kick can still be used for feat at least for once here
im fine with that but we need to build on that scaling

It was deemed impossible to calc because the feat is the result of the entire fight between him and Shao, so countless blows.
Add that the feat is from an alternate ending, Shao was powered up and there's the chance it could be flowery language.

I don't think Rain's flood can be used, that feat is performed after the end of the game when Rain discovers an incredibly large source of magic which he didn't think possible. But most of all, there's no reason to believe such a massive thing scales to either his physicals or the smaller water attacks.

I'm also skeptical on his kick, because it's just a quick gameplay only thing that would give a tier much larger than the rest of the feats.
Moreover, it's probably done for the sake of the cool rather than anything.
I'd be more inclined to believe it if it was a cinematic fatality or similar, but not like this.

Nah it's been said above that the flood feats will likely not be applied to his physical as he said he never
That's not it. It's just that I don't think I have UES or at least I don't remember it being agreed to in any crt. And even if it were, I don't think anyone would scale it. Since it was the first time Rain did that and it seems like he needs to cast that magic.

It was deemed impossible to calc because the feat is the result of the entire fight between him and Shao, so countless blows.
Add that the feat is from an alternate ending, Shao was powered up and there's the chance it could be flowery language.

I don't think Rain's flood can be used, that feat is performed after the end of the game when Rain discovers an incredibly large source of magic which he didn't think possible. But most of all, there's no reason to believe such a massive thing scales to either his physicals or the smaller water attacks.

I'm also skeptical on his kick, because it's just a quick gameplay only thing that would give a tier much larger than the rest of the feats.
Moreover, it's probably done for the sake of the cool rather than anything.
I'd be more inclined to believe it if it was a cinematic fatality or similar, but not like this.
F*** that mean no more tier 7 MK, i'm depressed again

I don't think Rain's flood can be used, that feat is performed after the end of the game when Rain discovers an incredibly large source of magic which he didn't think possible.
No Rain didn't "discover a large source of magic" at all in any point of the story, he simply "summoned more magic than he thought was possible" so this was him performing a feat bigger than anything he's ever done without him realizing he could do that

Yeah it’d probably be an “up to” rating. Rain fans don’t need to go Hungry tho since the leaks mention we’ll see a Titan Rain in the story expansion, so we might get Tier 2 Hydro Homie

No Rain didn't "discover a large source of magic" at all in any point of the story, he simply "summoned more magic than he thought was possible" so this was him performing a feat bigger than anything he's ever done without him realizing he could do that
Yeah, I misremembered, but I still believe it shouldn't scale to his normal output.

Nah man tier 2 is f***ing convoluted and lower tier like 7 or 6 are waaaay more interesting to do
Listen fam, I want MK vs God of War ok? Let me have Havik vs Baldur or Shang vs Odin
Argus still exists apparently so it's possible Rain's ending is an implication that he may be the son of a God.
We also know at least one variant is still his son
Yeah, I misremembered, but I still believe it shouldn't scale to his normal output.
Yeah I think "Varies, 8-C up to X Tier" works best for him

I just watched Sareena's brutality, is it the one where she self-destructs?

The feat is indeed 9-A, but I'm not sure we can use it for her normal output, or at least as the cap for the low tier.

Still, there's a decent amount of explosions in the story mode, nothing really big to my memory, but still something.

I'm just a little iffy on using fatalities involving scorching and skinning as base levels, in lack of other or higher feats, as they are meant to be killing blows.

Listen fam, I want MK vs God of War ok? Let me have Havik vs Baldur or Shang vs Odin

Yeah I think "Varies, 8-C up to X Tier" works best for him
Don't get too excited with having tier 2, that often comes with having FTL and above speeds. At least Liu and the Hourglass have some decent hax

I don't agree with varies, Rain is likely a glass cannon and not some guy whose power is always oscillating between weak and strong. 8-C (if that's where he ends up in), up to X tier is okay to me

I just watched Sareena's brutality, is it the one where she self-destructs?

The feat is indeed 9-A, but I'm not sure we can use it for her normal output, or at least as the cap for the low tier.

Still, there's a decent amount of explosions in the story mode, nothing really big to my memory, but still something.

I'm just a little iffy on using fatalities involving scorching and skinning as base levels, in lack of other or higher feats, as they are meant to be killing blows.
MK1 introduced these audio descriptions for visually impaired players that might give context for finishers, I had a feeling that Sareena banished both herself and her opponent to the Netherrealm a la Scorpion and not vaporized them both because the ashes VFX is the same one she uses when she teleports in and out as a Kameo. I don't have MK1 so I'd wait for someone to make a "All MK1 Finishers Audio Descriptions" video so we can tell what she did, there's some ambiguous brutalities out there like Havik's neoplasm brutality where he somehow makes you explode just by touching his neoplasm

There's Ermac and Kenshi hurling six boulders at the dragon army hard enough to shatter them into bits, the halved result of the calc for this feat (because there's 2 of them doing this feat together) also doubles as a supporting lifting strength feat

Listen you little shit, i want my MK vs Kamen Rider or any of the verses that i follow who had tier 7/6, get it? Heck even if it mean unadded, i want my MK vs Servants as well with equalization on invul things lel

MK1 introduced these audio descriptions for visually impaired players that might give context for finishers, I had a feeling that Sareena banished both herself and her opponent to the Netherrealm a la Scorpion and not vaporized them both because the ashes VFX is the same one she uses when she teleports in and out as a Kameo. I don't have MK1 so I'd wait for someone to make a "All MK1 Finishers Audio Descriptions" video so we can tell what she did, there's some ambiguous brutalities out there like Havik's neoplasm brutality where he somehow makes you explode just by touching his neoplasm
Hmm the Sareena thing is solid since that's Teleportation and Dimensional BFR
There's Ermac and Kenshi hurling six boulders at the dragon army hard enough to shatter them into bits, the halved result of the calc for this feat (because there's 2 of them doing this feat together) also doubles as a supporting lifting strength feat
Ayo that's a good find
Don't get too excited with having tier 2, that often comes with having FTL and above speeds. At least Liu and the Hourglass have some decent hax
Both don't do me like that

Just finished the game's storyline and a few arcade endings, it was a pretty good run, though I kind of prefer 11. Anyway, do we have proposals for new profiles or tier upgrades?

Back