• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat 1 Discussion Thread

What do you think Omni-Man, Homelander and Peacemaker's stats will be? I don't have much knowledge of MK lore so I would like to have your opinions/predictions please.

What do you think Omni-Man, Homelander and Peacemaker's stats will be? I don't have much knowledge of MK lore so I would like to have your opinions/predictions please.
Based off leaks, Omni-Man heavily upscales from everyone since Shang summoned him to turn the tide against Liu’s alliance, something proven right when Nolan sweeps everyone

Homelander likely gets similar statements

Technically he was a Muggle, he brought a good titan Shang Tsung and Titan General Shao too.
Yeah but those versions of them were probably good guys to begin with.

Like I said earlier in the thread, 2-A is not confirmed because Liu still doesn't have a proper understanding of what his fight with Shang Tsung did. Tower ending suggests he's going to hand his Time Keeper role to Geras after a while and Geras will know better about the cosmology. So the 2-A question is likely getting postponed to the next game.

I'm not budging below 2-B tho and very few characters (Titan Shang and other Titans, maybe Kronika) should scale to that. Don't think any of either side's summoned variants at Armageddon are notable enough to warrant profiles.

Last edited:
On the Leaks subreddit, it’s apparently on the disk as files

this would basically mean Omni-Man is just wherever the Titans are in power
Like I said earlier in the thread, 2-A is not confirmed because Liu still doesn't have a proper understanding of what his fight with Shang Tsung did. Tower ending suggests he's going to hand his Time Keeper role to Geras after a while and Geras will know better about the cosmology. So the 2-A question is likely getting postponed to the next game.
Actually I think we’ll get a DLC story that expands on this
I'm not budging below 2-B tho and very few characters (Titan Shang and other Titans, maybe Kronika) should scale to that. Don't think any of either side's summoned variants at Armageddon are notable enough to warrant profiles.
tbh I’m fine with just 2-C but I agree only relevant variants (Shang, Liu, Havik) should get profiles

I just finished watching the main story and... my god that was bad.

Or rather, the first third is quite good, then it completely falls apart after Titan Shang Tsung's reveal.
It becomes a giant mess of characters and plot holes, all these copies make it difficult to tell who's who, or why they are there, what they want etc...

All main versions of the characters are thrown into the bin in favor of bland counterparts, killing on the spot every story thread or character development that was left open.

Not to speak of power levels, which NRS never managed to keep consistent, but now being a titan doesn't make you different from the last jobber.

The final moments also don't make sense in general, Shang's endgame is vague, as well as what happens after.

It's such a huge shame, because it was unfolding so well up to a certain point, and then it takes this abrupt turn sacrifing all the good for this supposed grand scale finale that ruins everything instead.

Edit: I'm watching the towers endings and I'm glad they've been used to close loose ends of the canon story.
That was wise and partly mends the damage done to the main story, but my previous points still stand for the most part.

Last edited:
I just finished watching the main story and... my god that was bad.

Or rather, the first third is quite good, then it completely falls apart after Titan Shang Tsung's reveal.
It becomes a giant mess of characters and plot holes, all these copies make it difficult to tell who's who, or why they are there, what they want etc...

All main versions of the characters are thrown into the bin in favor of bland counterparts, killing on the spot every story thread or character development that was left open.

Not to speak of power levels, which NRS never managed to keep consistent, but now being a titan doesn't make you different from the last jobber.

The final moments also don't make sense in general, Shang's endgame is vague, as well as what happens after.

It's such a huge shame, because it was unfolding so well up to a certain point, and then it takes this abrupt turn sacrifing all the good for this supposed grand scale finale that ruins everything instead.
Better than MKX and MK11 story of course, sure the later end of the story became a hot mess but in general is an improvement

Then again MK stories aren't in good spot of "good fighting games story" department lel

Honestly I love the ending because of how insane and campy it is, like I had a massive smile when the fusion of Reptile and Geras named "Clockodile" showed up, I still would've preferred if they continued with what was happening in the first half instead of pivoting away.

Better than MKX and MK11 story of course, sure the later end of the story became a hot mess but in general is an improvement

Then again MK stories aren't in good spot of "good fighting games story" department lel
Funnily enough, MK still has the best story of any other fighting game I can think of atm. Guilty Gear maybe but it is convoluted af and filled with jargon and excess exposition.

I agree 100%. When that happened, it was really bad and felt like everything had been thrown away. We barely even saw the earth plane team anymore.

I thought this MK would focus more on the tournament, more on Mileena's illness as something more important and dangerous. Besides other things. But the tournament ended in chapter 3. and we didn't even see Kotal and shiva against Raiden. The tournament was a big nothing for me.

Better than MKX
I prefer mkx's story a million times.

I thought this MK would focus more on the tournament, more on Mileena's illness as something more important and dangerous. Besides other things. But the tournament ended in chapter 3. and we didn't even see Kotal and shiva against Raiden. The tournament was a big nothing for me.
The tournament is one of those things that have been handled pretty poorly.
It feels like it was more of an excuse to introduce the two worlds to each other, rather than being important per se.
Its purpose is quite muddy, because there really isn't anything at stake, aside from some vague sense of pride upon which the fate of Earthrealm and Outworld are based, even though Sindel never meant to wage war in the first place.

It's supposed to be a grand event, and yet it's a gauntlet that doesn't last even two full days and takes place in very unceremonious place and circumnstances.
Liu Kang is worried of Outworld bolstering their forces, yet Sindel says they've been on a losing streak. Kitana and Milena being 10k years old mean they must have participated every tournament since the first, yet there's no mention of this.
Raiden might be as much of a golden boy as you want, but he really steamrolls all opposition without breaking a sweat.
Johnny, Kung Lao and Kenshi are there for no particular reason, since they didn't even participate, and Liu didn't even bring the Lin Kuei along.

I agree 100%. When that happened, it was really bad and felt like everything had been thrown away. We barely even saw the earth plane team anymore.
Yes, we don't even know if they participated in the final war or those were their titan-counterparts or not, since some are dressed the same way (Scorpion) while others are totally different.
We have no idea if all the people that showed up in the end were titans of their own timeline, various henchmen or even whether they were powered up or not. We don't know the purpose of the pyramid or whatever was the swelling of souls beneath it.
Kitana gets washed away by a blurred rando (I guess a Raiden?), and Liu never mourns her once despite the cheesy reunion.

We don't know what does Liu do to Quan Chi and Shang. Does he erase them? Can he do that?
The timeline supposedly crumbles apart because of Shang's death, although they had just explained the only way for it to happen was to destroy the hourglass, otherwise Kronika's death or Liu surrendering his powers should have meant doom for the timelines.
And still, random Havik n.47102 and his goons are shown to be perfectly fine in a place that should have been erased. Also, it's quite random to establish him as the future villain, since he isn't even the main one, who did nothing anyway.

I could go on and complain about how Liu does nothing to stop Shang and friends from destorying the Hourglass, since he worries more about beating up his goons and talking shit, while the others are literally dragonballing behind him.
Or how Shang's plan didn't make sense to begin with. First he wants to merge the timelines, although I don't know would that supposed to work. Would they overlap? Or would he have an extended universe comprised of just two copies of the same?
Then he changes his mind and wants to conquer all timelines for no real reason, and many "dark timeliners" cooperate with him for some reason, even though each of them has experienced the same treacherous Shang.

I really could go on and on, to mention how pathetic Shang's underlings are, how the supposed invincible Dragon Army can be dispatched by pretty much anyone, while in the old mdiway era they were literally invulnerable iirc, and much more.

The Kombat Kids actually had a deleted scene where they kill every character that you didn't choose for Armageddon. It would have been better to keep it in and show the difference in power between some summoned variants and a Titan when Titan Kitana no-diffs them in seconds.
Jacqui showing everyone the power of guns.
Anyway, they could have kept it, the playables are random timeliners and the kombat kids die anyway moments after.

Jacqui showing everyone the power of guns.
Anyway, they could have kept it, the playables are random timeliners and the kombat kids die anyway moments after.
I thought the ones we chose were titans. At least the Liu Kang and General Shao we chose look like titans.

The tournament is one of those things that have been handled pretty poorly.
It feels like it was more of an excuse to introduce the two worlds to each other, rather than being important per se.
Its purpose is quite muddy, because there really isn't anything at stake, aside from some vague sense of pride upon which the fate of Earthrealm and Outworld are based, even though Sindel never meant to wage war in the first place.

It's supposed to be a grand event, and yet it's a gauntlet that doesn't last even two full days and takes place in very unceremonious place and circumnstances.
Liu Kang is worried of Outworld bolstering their forces, yet Sindel says they've been on a losing streak. Kitana and Milena being 10k years old mean they must have participated every tournament since the first, yet there's no mention of this.
Raiden might be as much of a golden boy as you want, but he really steamrolls all opposition without breaking a sweat.
Johnny, Kung Lao and Kenshi are there for no particular reason, since they didn't even participate, and Liu didn't even bring the Lin Kuei along.

Yes, we don't even know if they participated in the final war or those were their titan-counterparts or not, since some are dressed the same way (Scorpion) while others are totally different.
We have no idea if all the people that showed up in the end were titans of their own timeline, various henchmen or even whether they were powered up or not. We don't know the purpose of the pyramid or whatever was the swelling of souls beneath it.
Kitana gets washed away by a blurred rando (I guess a Raiden?), and Liu never mourns her once despite the cheesy reunion.

We don't know what does Liu do to Quan Chi and Shang. Does he erase them? Can he do that?
The timeline supposedly crumbles apart because of Shang's death, although they had just explained the only way for it to happen was to destroy the hourglass, otherwise Kronika's death or Liu surrendering his powers should have meant doom for the timelines.
And still, random Havik n.47102 and his goons are shown to be perfectly fine in a place that should have been erased. Also, it's quite random to establish him as the future villain, since he isn't even the main one, who did nothing anyway.

I could go on and complain about how Liu does nothing to stop Shang and friends from destorying the Hourglass, since he worries more about beating up his goons and talking shit, while the others are literally dragonballing behind him.
Or how Shang's plan didn't make sense to begin with. First he wants to merge the timelines, although I don't know would that supposed to work. Would they overlap? Or would he have an extended universe comprised of just two copies of the same?
Then he changes his mind and wants to conquer all timelines for no real reason, and many "dark timeliners" cooperate with him for some reason, even though each of them has experienced the same treacherous Shang.

I really could go on and on, to mention how pathetic Shang's underlings are, how the supposed invincible Dragon Army can be dispatched by pretty much anyone, while in the old mdiway era they were literally invulnerable iirc, and much more.
Dude, I agree with everything. And even I would complain more along with you, if I weren't on my cell phone going to to college. So it's impossible for me to write a large text.

The one you choose in the end is not a Titan.
And why not? Some look very titan like Liu Kang and Shao. Is there any concrete proof of this?

Furthermore, them not being titans makes it even worse on the scale, since non-titan characters are facing titans. Because literally the character you choose can beat the titan shang tsung.

Just saw the leaks, Peacemaker surprisingly seems to be the most powerful character in the game. The future DLC also look interesting.

Also, we still don't know who killed Jerrod lmao, just that it wasn't Li Mei's fault. My crack theory is that it was Chameleon this time and the secret villain in Reptile's ending is also likely to be Chameleon.

Last edited:
There are a few Titans and the rest are good warriors from their timelines. The one you choose in the end is not a Titan.
I disagree with this, actually. I think the fighter you choose is actually a Titan, irregardless of the default skin some characters seem to wear. For Christ's sake, this fighter singlehandedly defeated Titan Shang Tsung and Titan Quan Chi, whilst even Keeper of Time/Titan Liu Kang couldn't.

For the sake of dodging some potential headaches, let's just assume they're all in fact Titans.

There's a Datamine dialogue between Omni-Man and Liu Kang that goes like:

Liu Kang: You've destroyed planets, I've erased entire timelines.

Omni-Man: Finally, a worthy opponent!

Would Liu Kang boast about this in a fight if it wasn't combat applicable?

Liu Kang: You've destroyed planets, I've erased entire timelines.
Omni-Man: Finally, a worthy opponent!

Would Liu Kang boast about this in a fight if it wasn't combat applicable?
Aside from the dialogue not being canon to begin with, the interactions all have flowery language.
Moreover, did Liu actually do that? He technically did it once, but only while crafting the new age, and he himself says he didn't need more than one try, unlike Kronika.
And still, no character can destroy a timeline without involving the hourglass, in a way or the other.

Aside from the dialogue not being canon to begin with, the interactions all have flowery language.
Moreover, did Liu actually do that? He technically did it once, but only while crafting the new age, and he himself says he didn't need more than one try, unlike Kronika.
And still, no character can destroy a timeline without involving the hourglass, in a way or the other.
Honestly, yeah. The canonicity of Liu Kang's claim is a bit questionable. And Intro dialogues tend to be non-canon, mostly.

Based off leaks, Omni-Man heavily upscales from everyone since Shang summoned him to turn the tide against Liu’s alliance, something proven right when Nolan sweeps everyone

Homelander likely gets similar statements
can u DM these leaks to me

Back