• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat 1 Discussion Thread

Speaking of Kotal, we'll likely going to get him as a DLC since in final chapter you'll fight Quan Chi with some of his moves
Well you fight Rain in MK10 with his MK9 moveset, so don't get your hopes up too high.
A mere mention of a character has lower chances of appearing than someone who's an NPC honestly but I can see them bringing back Kotal because he now has some relevance by taking Shao's spot thanks to Mileena. Plus the roster is more focused on mystical fighters than gun toting ones and Kotal fits

Speaking of, Titan Kitana slicing up the Kombat Kids and Kotal being a giga jobber yet again was funny af.
Wait Kotal is in this?
https://x.com/Osu16Bit/status/1702480775268929586?s=20

So pretty much Klassic Towers endings are at this point, canon. MK1's at least, and there's even no telling for the other variants of the Kombatants who exist far and wide beyond the entire combined cast of all the MK games combined.
more Tier 2 🥴
And if they are confirmed canon, then that means we have Rain's feat to calculate for summoning a wave that flooded and crushed the city of Seido
We might get stuff for cosmology too since other timelines still exist

Wait what chapter
Here he is. Sheeva was there too.
Screenshot-2023-09-15-12-41-02-144-com-google-android-youtube.jpg

Imagine being such a giga jobber that you get wrecked off screen and they don't even bother putting your model in the game.

Anyway, i guess we can get our tier 7 back via Rain kick with the new ultra-clusterf**k scaling in MK1? Also how much AP you'll get from flooding the entire city?

Anyone feel like Tarkat empowers Mileena and Baraka? Mileena was able to defeat Dark Raiden and Dark Sindel after going feral while Baraka beat Shang Tsung rather easily in the cutscene and would have killed him if Kenshi didn't intervene. Dark Sindel was whooping everyone's ass including Earthrealm Protector Liu Kang and Geras.

Anyone feel like Tarkat empowers Mileena and Baraka? Mileena was able to defeat Dark Raiden and Dark Sindel after going feral while Baraka beat Shang Tsung rather easily in the cutscene and would have killed him if Kenshi didn't intervene. Dark Sindel was whooping everyone's ass including Earthrealm Protector Liu Kang and Geras.
But Mileena in that state was also defeated by Li Mei and Kenshi before getting the magic sword that I forgot the name of.

That is, Li mei and Kenshi > god liu kang? 💀

It's the typical case of MK where everyone scales for everyone else.

But Mileena in that state was also defeated by Li Mei and Kenshi before getting the magic sword that I forgot the name of.

Well Li Mei is superior to all the Umgadi so not totally improbable, and she only needed to hold out until Tanya brings the meds, and Kenshi didn't truly defeat her considering what happened immediately after.

Well Li Mei is superior to all the Umgadi so not totally improbable, and she only needed to hold out until Tanya brings the meds, and Kenshi didn't truly defeat her considering what happened immediately after.
Li Mei was still defeated by Raiden.

Raiden > god Liu Kang?

If he continues to scale, the god Liu Kang will probably be weaker than his human team.

And yes, Kenshi defeated her, we see her lying on the ground trying to move. That happened to Kenshi by chance, because it was a quick movement and caught him off guard, and not because she was stronger than him.

Since he literally defeated her seconds before.

In the past timelines, Champion and Protector God have been very close in power level. Liu Kang is also significantly nerfed for most of the story to OG Raiden levels so not arguing tier 2 Mileena or something.

In the past timelines, Champion and Protector God have been very close in power level. Liu Kang is also significantly nerfed for most of the story to OG Raiden levels so not arguing tier 2 Mileena or something.
Dude, I don't even know if that's possible. This would make everyone level 2, simply because of Kenshi and Li Mei. That would be a huge inconsistency.

Probably only time guardians will be level 2. And there is still inconsistency considering that it is likely that characters like Kitana defeated Kronica without being a goddess and without the jinsei as was the case with Liu Kang.

I think Mileena could be a mid tier, perhaps X rating (fights Kenshi and Ali Mei), possibly X rating (fights Raiden)

I'm assuming Earthrealm Protector Liu Kang scales above his base level self form MK11, and everyone scales relative to him?

I'm assuming Earthrealm Protector Liu Kang scales above his base level self form MK11, and everyone scales relative to him?
We are still figuring that out since the scaling in MK1 is very brutal and clusterf**k as freak
Never thought I'd live to see 2-A MK as being viable. And I'm all for it.
I'm more excited on tier 7 (and 6 as well) because now Rain kick can scale to everyone

Imo the Titan tiers would be their own echelon, with only those who solidly scale to Liu being a thing.

Only Titans would scale to Tier 2 and we would need to collect all the dialogue before anything resembling a upgrade is pushed through.

EDIT: Based on my playthrough of the game this looks like a Hourglass related thing rather than a power thing. Not only is every single universe tied to their hourglass (Shang shooting beams at one with some other randoms hurt Liu Kang and if it was destroyed his universe would collapse), but upon killing Shang Tsung the hourglass started to collapse the universe because someone wasn't their to regulate it. I think it would give all Titan people a "Low 2-C creation" rating or something, but I don't think anyone really qualifies for a straight upgrade to multiverse busting.

Last edited:
If the MK1 tower endings are canon then oh boy, I have a thread of some minor changes here and there. Especially Liu Kang

EDIT: Based on my playthrough of the game this looks like a Hourglass related thing rather than a power thing. Not only is every single universe tied to their hourglass (Shang shooting beams at one with some other randoms hurt Liu Kang and if it was destroyed his universe would collapse), but upon killing Shang Tsung the hourglass started to collapse the universe because someone wasn't their to regulate it.
The main feat comes from the Liu Kang vs Shang Tsung fight at the end of Aftermath where the Hourglass wasn't involved at all. It was the released energy from that fight that caused all the other Titan's timelines to be created in the first place.

The Hourglass, Timeline and Keepers of Time seem to have a symbiotic dependant relationship. Destroying the Hourglass will kill the Keeper and destroy the timeline. Killing the Keeper will cause the timeline to self-destruct. Liu Kang didn't face that issue after killing Kronika because she had already nuked the timeline by then and he immediately assumed the Time Keeper role. It doesn't imply power level by itself.

We don't scale Gods of Destruction to Supreme Kais just because they die if the Kai gets killed.

In any case, just giving Low 2-C creation for the Aftermath feat is a lowball and this verse has a history of that happening to it on this site.

The main feat comes from the Liu Kang vs Shang Tsung fight at the end of Aftermath where the Hourglass wasn't involved at
They fight right in front of the Hourglass and the Hourglass is explicitly tied to the sustainability of the universe and everyone within it.

. It doesn't imply power level by itself.
To act on the universe the Time Keeper needs to act on the hourglass. They can't do large scale changes without the device.

We don't scale Gods of Destruction to Supreme Kais just because they die if the Kai gets killed.
The comparison doesn work because the GoDs aren't powered by their Kais like with the Hourglass. The Hourglass is also how Liu Kang formed his army of light and how Shang Tsung presumably made his army for Armageddon.

While we can stick to an argument for a thread, I'm not seeing this being an AP feat. But a byproduct of effecting the Hourglass. This is further reinforced by Shang Tsung's evil versions doing notable damage and fighting with other Titans rather than getting easily one shot.

Is there a specific thread or page explaining the MK power hierarchy? I know recent games with the chapter system kinda mess that all up but I'm wondering how strong characters like Onaga, Shao Kahn, or Raiden are actually supposed to be relative to the other characters in the verse.

The Hourglass is also how Liu Kang formed his army of light and how Shang Tsung presumably made his army for Armageddon.

While we can stick to an argument for a thread, I'm not seeing this being an AP feat. But a byproduct of effecting the Hourglass. This is further reinforced by Shang Tsung's evil versions doing notable damage and fighting with other Titans rather than getting easily one shot.
Don't know about Titan Shang Tsung, but Liu Kang called his army from other friendly timelines, he didn't create them.

Most of Titan Shang's group were fodder, like how the Dark Kombat Kids got folded very quickly by Titan Kitana. Only notable ones were Dark Sindel, Dark Quan Chi and Dark Raiden, I believe.

Don't know about Titan Shang Tsung, but Liu Kang called his army from other friendly timelines, he didn't create them.
He needed to use the Hourglass which was my point. He summoned them with it rather than with his own power.

Most of Titan Shang's group were fodder, like how the Dark Kombat Kids got folded very quickly by Titan Kitana. Only notable ones were Dark Sindel, Dark Quan Chi and Dark Raiden, I believe.
His group with Dark Tanya fought off Titan Kung Lao and Raiden for almost the entire encounter and were hurting them with punches.

The timelines likely split in mkx when the hourglass was broken tbh. The additional timelines split long before liu and Shang fought in the story.

Edit: which is why Shang was wrong on his initial assumption that he and liu’s timelines were the only ones.

It's explicitly said that The mammoth amount of energy released by liu and Shang caused the timeline split, not the hour glass. They never expose the hourglass to their energy as normally is done when using the thing to affect the timeline, the closest you can get is liu kang in his energy absorbing some energy from it to transmute shang

The timelines likely split in mkx when the hourglass was broken tbh. The additional timelines split long before liu and Shang fought in the story.
This is also not said in game. MK 1 attributes the other timelines to the liu vs Shang fight. Liu Kang also explicitly says there was only 1 timeline before the fight when speaking to Titan kitana

It's explicitly said that The mammoth amount of energy released by liu and Shang caused the timeline split, not the hour glass. They never exposes the hourglass to their energy as normally is done when using the thing to affect the timeline, the closest you can get is liu kang in his energy absorbing some energy from it to transmute shang
Yes but how much energy exactly? Because merging realms only require unbalancing the universes furies through combat.

battling at the hourglass May have cause the massive energy releases.
This is also not said in game. MK 1 attributes the other timelines to the liu vs Shang fight. Liu Kang also explicitly says there was only 1 timeline before the fight when speaking to Titan kitana
Yeah but they were theorizing. For there to have been multiple timelines existing side by side with more than one outcome of the fight there would have to have been more than just the two of them fighting. Everyone was fighting Kronika at the same time with different outcomes.

The main feat comes from the Liu Kang vs Shang Tsung fight at the end of Aftermath where the Hourglass wasn't involved at all. It was the released energy from that fight that caused all the other Titan's timelines to be created in the first place.

The Hourglass, Timeline and Keepers of Time seem to have a symbiotic dependant relationship. Destroying the Hourglass will kill the Keeper and destroy the timeline. Killing the Keeper will cause the timeline to self-destruct. Liu Kang didn't face that issue after killing Kronika because she had already nuked the timeline by then and he immediately assumed the Time Keeper role. It doesn't imply power level by itself.
This, it’s outright said to be the “mammoth energies” from their clash and I’d argue there’s enough supporting the feat

regardless though, we’re not touching Tier 2 rn

Back