• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Okay so now that we've got that out of the way... how exactly is Mori putting Gabimaru down?

Gabimaru's is literally the face of endurance ™️. From birth, the average Iwagakure Shinobi is put through hellish training, to the point most die from it. Not only that, they are trained to be able to stay awake constantly for over 10 days and still fight. So he's not tiring before Mori does.

His ability to straight-up absorb damage is even better. He can tank dozens of internal damage attacks which reverberate across his entire body, and then immediately set himself on fire, and still fight just fine. He's also capable of having his heart stopped but still surviving.

I don't see how Mori ever puts him down.

I don't see how Mori ever puts him down.
Nothing really pops up in my head either, so let's leave this one as is for a bit and think in reverse; What does Gabimaru have in his moveset that can bring Mori down?

Or does it resume to an endurance match which ends up in Gabimaru's favor?

Was about to say "what about just paralyzing Gabimaru with acupuncture, since this match wasn't stated to end when 1 of them dies or something", but then remembered this is pretty much just chapter 1 Mori so he doesn't have that... :D

Probably vaporize him with Ascetic Blaze since Mori lacks the necessary heat resistance in this key.
Does Mori have the Immortality Type 2 in this key? If he does, couldn't he resist the heat with his immortality?

Does Mori have the Immortality Type 2 in this key? If he does, couldn't he resist the heat with his immortality?
Immortality Type 2, which is an immortality that allows one to endure great amounts of injury, doesn't cover getting immediately killed via being vaporized.

This would only come into play if Mori had the necessary resistance feats to circumvent the burns to an extent. Then, the immortality would come into play, because you could make the argument "Oh he's just burned a bit, he can endure it with his immortality".

It does not cover instant death.

Immortality Type 2, which is an immortality that allows one to endure great amounts of injury, doesn't cover getting immediately killed via being vaporized.

This would only come into play if Mori had the necessary resistance feats to circumvent the burns to an extent. Then, the immortality would come into play, because you could make the argument "Oh he's just burned a bit, he can endure it with his immortality".

It does not cover instant death.
Oh, it's instant;;

Then I don't know, really. Might be Gabimaru's win, nothing's really popping up in my brain...

How does the Ascetic Blaze thing work?

If speed is equalized does that grant Mori the opportunity to dodge? But even then, I guess it'd only come down to a contest of endurance which Gabimaru would ultimately win...
Gabimaru just grabs him at spits on him at close range, making dodging impossible. :)

The first step to making this match fair would be to unrestrict Renewal Taekwondo, but to restrict the Kick of the Blue Dragon, which is the only move that has a higher tier than Mori's base stats. The entire fighting style of Renewal Taekwondo doesn't need to be restricted, and it HEAVILY handicaps Mori's abilities in this fight since it is his main arsenal.

Makes things much simpler.

Now that Mori's main fighting style has been restored, he actually has a chance now. Gabimaru's fire can potentially be straight-up extinguished with the wind pressure some of his Renewal skills make.

The issue of how exactly Mori is going to put Gabi down in the long-run still remains to be an issue. Especially when Gabimaru always goes for the kill, as in, he's going to abuse his AP advantage immediately to just tear out Mori's tendons and joints and immediately permanently disable him.

The AP advantage doesn't seem very high (its only a 2x AP diff and Mori has broken AD), but it's bad when you realize Gabimaru scales to absolutely no-selling the attack he scales to. As in, he took ZERO damage from the attack. And he easily defeated the guy who did the attack with zero effort. Meaning that at the beginning of the fight, Mori is viable to countless forms of immobilization before he adapts, since Gabimaru scales utterly above his value. Gabimaru could very well tear Mori's eyes out or some shit at the beginning of the fight, and leave him blinded the entire time and bleeding out.

I'd also like to point out Gabimaru is WAY more skilled H2H wise. His skill feats are straight up uncanny. Here's I list I made beforehand:

I'd also like to point out Gabimaru is WAY more skilled H2H wise. His skill feats are straight up uncanny. Here's I list I made beforehand:

the rare anime mc who's skill has breached into the levels of chinamen

I'd also like to point out Gabimaru is WAY more skilled H2H wise
This is definitely a take.

Ik this an earlier key of Mori but its crazy to see someone make this statement, and not think it's sarcasm or a joke haha

Ik this an earlier key of Mori but its crazy to see someone make this statement, and not think it's sarcasm or a joke haha
Just look at his feats. They are straight-up uncanny chinaman shit.

Azontr is unironically one of, if not THE biggest Mori Jin meat rider on this site. If he says Mori gets outskilled I'm inclined to believe him - ignoring the fact that there's a demonstrated sheet of Gabimaru's skill feats and they're goofy as hell.

I mean if I need to go into more detail about why Gabimaru is far more skilled, I can make an explanation post about my analysis.

I have question, Does Jin Mori's fear manipulation affect Gabimaru since Gabimaru has no resistance?

Basic fear manipulation in GoH only works on significantly weaker opponents, and Gabimaru is over twice as strong as Mori.

Basic fear manipulation in GoH only works on significantly weaker opponents, and Gabimaru is over twice as strong as Mori.
If we don't change anything and Jin can use 8-B with Re-Taekwondo, will Gabimaru be afraid?

Dumbass thread.

Anyways, even assuming that Mori's fear manipulation is not only delegated to weaker opponents, it doesn't do much but startle the opponent. Gabimaru won't be pissing his pants over Mori's fear manipulation, he'll probably ignore it all together.

Back