• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Morgoth's size?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that he's listed as hypersonic+ because of his size. What exactly was his size?

I know he was big, but since his foot could fit in Fingolfin's neck, I never thought he was gigantic enough to be that fast by size alone.

I was referring Morgoth scaling from these Balrogs.

Like how fast are they and how he's Hypersonic+ by scaling to them.

They have a calc that puts them at hypersonic+ as a high end, and Morgoth is way stronger than then.

It's on Gothmog's page. I'll put the link on the Balrog's page, and change Morgoth's to powerscaling instead of size.

And in the Balrog's page it says they were responding to Sauron's call. But it was Morgoth who called them.

Switiching from "due to size" to "via powerscaling" would realy make it all the more better for me IMO.

Okay, done.

But I noticed other thing. His range is listed as of several kilometers due to size, so I'd like to know how big he really is. The speed was really from the Balrogs, but I think the range part is just wrong.

Pretty sure that's not cannon. There are plenty of arts of the fight, but I don't think Tolkien approved any of them.

Even if it was cannon, he's still not big enough to have several kilometers of range due to size alone.

That was the last time in those wars that he passed the doors of his stronghold, and it is said that he took not the challenge willingly; for... alone of the Valar he knew fear. But he could not now deny the challenge before the face of his captains; for... Fingolfin named Morgoth craven.... Therefore Morgoth... issued forth clad in black armour; and he stood before the King like a tower, iron-crowned, and his vast shield, sable unblazoned, cast a shadow over him like a stormcloud. But Fingolfin gleamed beneath it as a star; for his mail was overlaid with silver, and his blue shield was set with crystals; and he drew his sword Ringil, that glittered like ice

Yeah, he's tall, but nothing to justificate kilometers worth of range by size alone. He put his foot in Fingolfin's neck. It wouldn't fit if he was gigantic.

Jucaslucas said:
Yeah, he's tall, but nothing to justificate kilometers worth of range by size alone. He put his foot in Fingolfin's neck. It wouldn't fit if he was gigantic.
Agreed. Hundreds of pages are in sore need of fixing. However, he should have kilometers or so based off magic. If Sauron was able to perform magic, then Morgoth should be able to, too.

But at the last the King grew weary, and Morgoth bore down his shield upon him. Thrice he was crushed to his knees, and thrice arose again and bore up his broken shield and stricken helm. But the earth was all... pitted about him, and he stumbled and fell backward before the feet of Morgoth; and Morgoth set his left foot upon his neck.... Yet with his last and desperate stroke Fingolfin hewed the foot with Ringil, and the blood gushed forth black and smoking and filled the pits of Grond.

Aparajita said:
Jucaslucas said:
Agreed. Hundreds of pages are in sore need of fixing. However, he should have kilometers or so based off magic. If Sauron was able to perform magic, then Morgoth should be able to, too.

Yeah, his curse worked on Turin while he was in another country, and his magical attacks could reach Doriath.

I'm just saying that the size part should be changed.

Jucaslucas said:
I'm just saying that the size part should be changed.
This, agreed. Morgath may be a hundred feet tall for "casting a shadow like a thundercloud", but that's just speculation.

Morgoth should be larger than the Barlog that fought Gandalf, but the movies aren't canon, correct?

Jucaslucas said:
No, they aren't. The Balrogs are 3 meters tall, iirc.
Lost Tales, Part II, p. 194: "... it pierced the Balrog's belly nigh his own face (for that demon was double his stature). So 12 feet you assume.

Not to try to bump this or anything, but why the hell was Supersonic to Hypersonic+ was decided upon again?

Cause i happen to read the calc that Morgoth, the Balrogs, and who and whatever else was scaled to them, that had three ends: Supersonic+ for Low end, Hypersonic for Mid end, and High Hypersonic for the high end. I have no idea why nobody bothered to point that out, not to mention the fact that it was also talked about what ends we were going by.

Now i happened to scale the characters from the low to high end of the speed calc, as per what Antvasima suggested me to do when i went and gone to editing the characters speed levels.

I want to ask this: Did anybody here ever looked at the speed feat calc in question at all? Cause if we have to go to decide something else, then y'all will have to do the editing instead. If not and nobody doesn't mind the current scaling, then well i guess that's alright.....for me, at least.

Well, I thought there was some discussion about that before, to accept that certain level of speed. I just wanted to point out that the reason for the speed was wrong.

Well anyways i pointed that out in the Balrogs page and pretty much went and changed everybody's speed going from the Low (Supersonic+) to High (High Hypersonic) ends.

If anybody has a problem with that by any chance and would like it to be Low to Mid?....well that's on all of y'all. :/

If it's good and there's no complaints, thank god.

Well, it might be best to start a separate topic, and ask the calculation group for input about which end of the calculation that we should go by.

Well anyways i guess there ins't much else to discuss here. As for the speed, i'll bring that up in a new thread later if i could.

Aside that, i'll close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back