• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

More Star Wars Revisions (JUST JANGO FETT and LIGHTSABER STUFF LEFT TO DISCUSS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Palptine scales to the MC85 Star Cruiser, which scales to the Resurgent-class Star Destroyer, which has 6-B shields for being "Far superior to the likes of the old Imperial I and Imperiall II-line thanks to a more advanced and powerful hypermatter reactor. Should be more than capable of taking an all batteries barrage from a ship with comparable destructive output, which would mean hundreds of heavy turbolaser shots with greater yields than the likes of the now outdated XX-9 heavy turbolaser".

Yes, but the ship's shield scales to "hundreds of heavy turbo laser shots" that upscale from the XX-9 heavy turbolaser which was calculated to be 111.67 gigatons. Low-balling "hundreds" is 200, the shields would be 22.334 teratons, which is why we rate them as Country level. And Palpatine destroyed hundreds of these 22.334 teraton durability shields.

Marvelous, that could mean he only scales to Rey. What's the exact exert, by the way?

Excellent, can you quote that?

EDIT: Although was he amped by all the Sith throughout the whole movie, or just the final battle?

Also I heard someone said that Palpatine teleported his soul away when falling down the shaft, so we cannot scale his durability to the Death Star explosion.

He's not amped by the Sith to my knowledge

He mentions needing the Dyad to be restored to what I assume is his previous power

We'd need scans from the book to see what we get tho

Can guarantee man gets hax tho

Sorry busy at work atm

but page 223 for future reference in CRT.

"Unseen for Generations,' He crowed.and "And now the power of two restores the one true Emperor!" He raised his perfect, healed hands and called on all the dark power of the force and the Sith who had come before him and pulled their life from their very bodies.

Except that still doesn't mean he's amped

He draws on them to do the drain which is explicitly hax and he still mentions being restored to his prior power

I suppose that wouldn't necessarily mean he was amped from his usual level in Return of the Jedi.

Since I was told to comment about this here.

Imperial-class Star Destroyer's Country level durability is wild abuse of multiplier standards.

• Tanking hundreds of bullets doesn't mean your durability is equal to 200x the AP of the bullets. Characters can basically be immune to weaker attacks at far lower multipliers.
  • By this logic, tanking 100 punches would make you 9-B.
  • The multipliers page says that multipliers need to be explicit, this is nowhere near explicit enough for a multiplier.
  • The multipliers page says that multipliers in the hundreds need to have either huge plot relevance or supporting feats, as far as I can tell, this multiplier has neither.
So its durability should be downgraded, along with any other Star Wars ships that scale or have similar multipliers.

As I have discussed on Discord, that is a good point. The shields should be downgraded to High 6-C.

This potentially affects the Canon Palpatine upgrades and Legends Vader downgrades too.

I agree. Star Wars ships also have multiple sections of shielding (port, starboard and ster) which can be pierced with concentrated fire from vessels of similar firepower. Even an Executor took minimal damage from a Starhawk's weapons, which are roughtly comparable to Star Destroyers, before using extra power to account for it.

So Canon Palpatine would be "At least High 6-C, likely far higher", while Legends Starkiller powering the cannon would be "6-C" since turbolasers are just a bit above baseline High 6-C and he charged the cannon over-time.

It should still be superior to what a Star Destroyer can normally output. It takes a lot to pierce their shields and this did it in one blow, completely tearing apart the ship.

Ok. So things to conclude in this thread:

• Jango Fett upgrade to Relativistic
  • The Lightsaber profile
  • Downgrading ship shields to High 6-C
  • Maybe upgrade Palpatine to High 6-C, although probably we should wait for another thread

I find this notion of Sidious always being as powerful as in the last movie to be ridiculous.

• He shows a feat way above anything shown before.
  • The older a Force user becomes the more their knowledge, experience, etc. on the Force grows and the more powerful in it they become. While their regular physicality gets weaker.
Matthew Schroeder said:
He outright says "And now the power of two restores the one." when he absorbs Rey and Kylo's Lifeforce. He doesn't say "empowers the one."
The dude was like a zombie and that needed to be fixed, if he made himself more powerful or not then that's irrelevant, he was restored, he didn't lie. It is entirely possible for him to have gained further power after being revived and not being able to use it due to his deteriorated body, or he could use it & he just didn't show it. And by "entirely possible" I actually meant that's most likely the case as to claim that he was just always as powerful is a baseless assumption.

And that's without even talking about he was now "all the Sith", what is even the headcanon we have on that to fit this notion of him being always this powerful?

• A. That somehow doesn't make him more powerful than before. Or
  • B. He was somehow always all the Sith. Or
  • C. He's just exaggerating and being all the Sith is not a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back