• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

More Star Wars Revisions (JUST JANGO FETT and LIGHTSABER STUFF LEFT TO DISCUSS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DarkDragonMedeus said:
That's the thread I was addressing. They're certainly not weak, but wouldn't be as fast; the Resistance fleet are maybe a few kilometers off the ground when Palpatine fires his lightning, certainly not in space (that's also why the Resistance won, anyway, they were in the atmosphere where shields were non-functional). Also, both electricity and lightning can travel through space.

It really doesn't, though. That should honestly still be in-use, it's how natural lightning works, unless there's some form of lightning rod function that a character has with their abilities.

Electricity with at least 1.6 gigajoules can be considered to be as quick as lightning, and Force lightning is definitely stronger than that.

I agree with Spino, and I also think Legends Jango being 8-A seems reasonable enough.

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.

Ok this is getting messy, let's try to discuss one issue at a time. Let's talk about Jango Fett being FTL first.

Agree: Eficiente, LordTracer, TISSG7Redgrave, maybe DarkDragonMedeus (mostly agrees with Eficiente), maybe BruceTheBatman (mostly agrees with Eficiente)

Disagree: Hellbeast1

Neutral/Uncertain: Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan, ByAsura

It does seem that there are more people supporting FTL Jango Fett, but I believe more input is needed.

HellBeast actually does make a good point regarding the speed of bounty hunters. Neutral regarding combat speed scaling, but movement speed is obviously way lower than the Jedi.

Movement speed should be lower. But combat and reactions should absolutely be FTL, that's just consistent throughout basically every era of Mandalorians in the EU.

i disagree with the dooku thing, to be honest. i would like to ask why is it an outlier? we know he is weaker and less skilled, but it doesnt matter, as that shouldnt take away the feat from him. there are plenty of sources that say that yoda was serious against him (albeit not going all out), and a few more than say that dooku ~ (and some say >) mace windu before ROTS. he shouldve been 4B for a long time now. him fighting anakin, who has accolades saying that he is more powerful than yoda as jedi (there are like, 9 of them), supports this. their fight on Vjun as well, as yoda was legitimatly trying to kill him there

I agree-ish, but the part about being > Yoda as a Jedi is b.s. Dooku grew stronger during the Clone Wars and it makes very little sense for him to have lost strength.

Edit: I didn't read that properly. You said Anakin. Jedi Anakin was certainly never Yoda level, Obi-Wan matched him even after he trained with Sidious.

But maybe this belongs on a different thread where we can discuss the character's ratings. It's an outlier currently is what the OP is saying. Do you want to discuss this on my message wall, I've already got a planned thread in progress?

To be fair, EU Anakin has more than a few statements about either being Yoda level or Mace Windu level (and some of those statements come from Windu himself).

ByAsura said:
I agree-ish, but the part about being > Yoda as a Jedi is b.s. Dooku grew stronger during the Clone Wars and it makes very little sense for him to have lost strength.
Edit: I didn't read that properly. You said Anakin. Jedi Anakin was certainly never Yoda level, Obi-Wan matched him even after he trained with Sidious.

But maybe this belongs on a different thread where we can discuss the character's ratings. It's an outlier currently is what the OP is saying. Do you want to discuss this on my message wall, I've already got a planned thread in progress?
tell u what, ive commented on two different star wars CRT's already, and this anakin/vader/yoda/windu/obi wan topic can be answered in just one go. just DM me and ill try to compile everything into one go.

so u dont wanna hear my possibly good arguments cuz u dont wanna deal with it, even if there is the possibility that i am correct? got it.

look, just hear me out on one (1) of those things, and ill try my best to show u what i meant. doesnt need to even be a CRT. it can just be u. if i can convince a mod that i am at least sound in logic, thats already a step toward making scaling as pefect as possible.

i know. im trying to not derail, but i got caught in the heat of the moment (kek). just delete these comments after ur done reading them.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Btw I'll take back the "at least" upgrades I'm proposing, since Lorenzo and ByAsura are planning a revision for them.
Thanks for spreading the word.

Honestly, as far as i can tell, the revision COULD take some time, but if we are doing this half way to leave things wrongfully rated, then sure, a short revision can be done. But if u guys want a well done, thorough revision, some time might be taken.

Also I guess I'll temporarily take back the speed revisions as well, since they would be affected if some of the Jedi are going to be upgraded.

i reread ur post, and the Obi Wan/Grievous stuff is wrong, IF we u are talking about legends. In the ROTS novel (i believe), Kenobi bends his arm like its made of cheap metal or somethin

I kinda agree. It is weird for Jango Fett to be FTL combat speed and reactions, but he has consistently kept up with Jedi so I'm not really certain.

He has actually sped some fodder jedi, but any jedi can deflect blasters with precog, but even then, they would be REL, so him being REL unfortunetly makes sense lol

Well they didn't have precognition since the clones did not have any emotion and the Jedi couldn't sense their betrayal (in Canon).

Rel Jango would be fine, I don't think he has any feats of keeping pace with high tier Force users like Boba.

He has feats vs Obi-Wan and Windu, but those are clear outliers or else Jango Fett would be 5-B since they traded blows.

I think Relativistic is fine, to show that he is quite significantly inferior to the high tier Jedi.

But why would Boba be FTL if his clone daddy is just Rel? Shouldn't they be comparable?

I mean, Boba did survive longer than Jango and eventually become the Mand'alor, so I don't think it's a stretch to say he's superior to Jango. You could downgrade him to Rel if you want though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back