• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

More Star Wars Revisions (JUST JANGO FETT and LIGHTSABER STUFF LEFT TO DISCUSS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vitiate was also in spirit form tho

I'd also note Palpatine sent shockwaves through the galaxy by empowering someone (I'd that translates to shaking we get MegaFoe Sheev)

I agree with downgrading Palpatine's speed.

Shaking the galaxy does sound like a good supporting feat.

Btw that should probably be put on the reference for common feats page as well.

Actually if it's the whole galaxy it'd be an upgrade

He's currently above baseline so this would give him a proper number (only Dark Empire though)

Also it seems that Legends Boba Fett is already FTL, so if we decide not to make Legends Jango FTL then Boba should be downgraded too I guess.

Wouldn't FTL be consistent then? Since Jango has consistent showings of fighting Jedi and Dark Jedi, and Boba has his feat against Vader and he did say that he's killed Jedi before.

I'm not sure about that. On one hand it does seem to be consistent on the other hand I'm iffy about scaling them to Jedi.

Btw for Canon Boba and Jango, there's a good feat by a clone trooper that'll scale to them, during Order 66 Ki-Adi-Mundi deflected one of the blasts back and one of the clones was able to dodge them. So Supersonic (should be similar to my calc of Ki-Adi-Mundi deflecting the blasts, since the distance's the same)?

@Antvasima There are a lot of stuff to be discussed in this thread, but atm we're discussing whether it's fine to scale Legends Boba and Jango Fett to Jedi (in terms of combat speed and skill). Eficiente thinks that in Legends it should be fine to scale Jango to FTL Jedi since he has lots of impressive feats of keeping up with Jedi, while Hellbeast1 believes we should scale them to their own feats to avoid inconsistency.

I think FTL is fine for them. Mandalorians are consistently shown in the EU to be relative to the Jedi (the Jedi and Mandos did have an entire war against each other, after all).

Okay. Thanks. Feel free to ask other staff members to help you out here if you wish.

DarkDragonMedeus and ByAsura have already commented here, Soldier Blue seems to be taking a break from the wiki. Any of the rest are knowledgeable about Star Wars?

I do not know, but there seems to be too few knowledgeable members available, so other staff likely have to try their best to evaluate the thread.

Have you asked Weekly or any other staff for help?

I did briefly discuss with Weekly about the lightsaber stuff on Discord, he knows about this thread's existence, but I presume he's too busy to comment here. I have also messaged AKM sama since he included Star Wars in the "verses I like" section on his user page.

Haven't asked anyone else though.

the ones that seem need to be discuss i think

downgrade speed is fine, with the legends upgrade for jango fett is fine.

At least for the strongest jedi doesn't seem to work cuz they are not that much superior afaik

higher with lightsabers tbh doesn't seem right because it implies the lightsaber makes them a lot stronger

A bit scarce on SW but that's what i got

Hellbeast1 said:
Bruce the Batman could be nice in here
I will ask him then.

@TISSG7Redgrave We're still trying to figure out how should we rate lightsabers and how we should put them on characters' profiles, but we haven't reached a conclusion yet.

I actually have another thing about the speed of force lightning and the evidence in this thread. I'll bring it up soon.

You mean the speed of the force lightning we use in Mace Windu's feat?

If that's invalid we could try to calculate Obi-Wan blocking a laser in Clone Wars, but it might be an outlier if the 2 lightning calcs are deemed wrong.

Also

I'd note Dooku pretty easily deflects his lightning sent back to him by Yoda in AOTC

Yoga does it himself against Dooku and Sheev

Pretty sure there's some others out there

Also regarding the "at least" thing, if we are not to make the strongest Old Republic Jedi "at least" I see no reason to make Rey and Kylo Ren "at least" either, since they're not that much stronger.

The evidence for force lightning being similar to its natural counterpart comes from this thread. However, Lichtenberg figures (seen on Ventress after electrocution) are caused by electrical discharges in general, which can also produce similar thermal effects.

Overall, the damages of his force lightning is very similar to general electrical injuries (differences between lightning and regular electrical injuries, for reference). The only difference is Ventress' nose bleeding, but I can't find evidence of lightning causing nosebleeds.

I agree that there isn't enough evidence that it is natural lightning, maybe it is electricity. However according to our Lightning Feats page:

Additionally, for calculations that involve lightning speed, one has to consider that the speed of real electricity can change due to a variety of factors, but for practical purposes, concerning attacks that are electricity-based, if they display power comparable to that of natural lightning, they should be considered to move at a comparable speed. It is required to show that the electricity carries an energy of at least 1.6 billion Joules or a voltage of at least 100 million Volts in order to qualify.
So since Force lightning is High 7-C (by Dooku)/6-C (by Palpatine), they should travel at MHS+ speeds even if they are electricity, not natural lightning.

I kind of doubt that, both just say the energy and voltage in lightning. They don't say electricity with that amount of energy and voltage can travel at similar speed. Even if it did, Dooku is orders of magnitude more powerful than natural lightning.

Basing a character off that logic may not be accepted here. I've heard we'd need a specific value of the lightning once for it to actually be applicable.

Electricity in general travels at highly variable speed (1% SoL in homes). There are ways to calculate this, but ones we can't actually use due to calc stacking and a general lack of information.

It is true that speed of electricity varies, but according to our lightning standards if the power of the attack is at least 1.6 billion Joules, it can be considered MHS+.

I'm pretty sure Force lightning overwhelming the likes of Mace Windu, Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker is sufficient evidence. I don't think we need an exact value of the lightning.

I'd also note you could call Sidious blasting the ships as speed

Though I'm sure Force Lightning constitutes natural lightning with the mention of conduction in the novels

Electricity is also conductive (I can't remember the exact term for something that can be conducted, but I'm sure you get the point), though.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
I did briefly discuss with Weekly about the lightsaber stuff on Discord, he knows about this thread's existence, but I presume he's too busy to comment here. I have also messaged AKM sama since he included Star Wars in the "verses I like" section on his user page.

Haven't asked anyone else though.
Okay. We preferably need more input though. I personally think that this seems to make sense, but I am not a very good person to ask.

I recall a discussion in which Soldier Blue gathered evidence of Force Lightning being considered real lightning. And it did feature a lot of scientific properties of a real lightning bolt. However, a lot of the showings do imply it's actually stronger and faster than natural lightning if anything. Because I doubt lightning bolts that travel through space and wreck space ships would be that slow or weak.

Though, I agree that calc stacking is something that should be avoided, but it's implied if it has the same properties/elements of lightning combined with at least 1.6 Gigajoules it may be considered real lightning. I remember the days when it used to be only cloud to ground lightning can be considered real.

Eficiente said:
I agree with
  • Removing Yoda vs Dooku from Dooku's profile
  • Downgrading Canon Jango Fett to Peak Human speed
  • Upgrading Legends Jango Fett to Massively Hypersonic and Class 5
  • And changing lightsabers on characters' profiles to be "higher with lightsabers", as well as rewriting the lightsaber profile
I disagree with

• "General Grievous's durability should probably be something like "At least Large Town level, likely far higher" since he states he is indestructible and Obi-Wan is unable to harm him either with physical blows or his lightsaber." There was likely a confusion there, Obi-Wan can harm him with his lightsaber and the indestructible thing was only said in Legends afaik. Canon GG still got no damage from Obi-Wan's physical blows tho.
  • "Downgrade everyone to Massively Hypersonic except Yoda, Sidious and Windu" I agree with this normally but -- and I was going to bring this in my own SW thread -- I believe good enough Jedi can concentrate the Force on only their physical stats to briefly keep up with more powerful foes. This seems consistent to me, probably in both canon and Legends, in the former characters flee when they run out of stamina.
  • The possible at least for the most powerful Jedi at the time of the Republic
I mostly agree with this. Also Legends Jango should be 8-A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back