• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

More Star Wars Revisions (JUST JANGO FETT and LIGHTSABER STUFF LEFT TO DISCUSS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also regardless if we decide that whether it depends on the strength of the user or the lightsaber itself, we should put lightsabers as something like "higher with lightsabers" on characters' profiles.

I suppose I can get behind that. Maybe not that specifically, but something of the sort.

What do you think should be put on the characters' profiles? Because the way we currently put them looks like they negate durability or something which is not true.

What are the summarised conclusions here?

Not much yet. We agreed on removing the Dooku outlier, and I'd like a bit more input on the Jango Fett stuff, but other than that we haven't reached a conclusion yet.

Is there anyone else who is knowledgeable about Star Wars other than Soldier Blue (he seems to be taking a break from the wiki)?

" Anakin blinked and rubbed his eyes again. Maybe he was still a bit flash-blind—the Korun Master seemed to be fading in and out of existence, half swallowed by a thickening black haze in which danced a meter-long bar of sunfire. Mace pressed back the darkness with a relentless straight-ahead march; his own blade, that distinctive amethyst blaze that had been the final sight of so many evil beings across the galaxy, made a haze of its own: an oblate sphere of purple fire within which there seemed to be dozens of swords slashing in all directions at once. The shadow he fought, that blur of speed—could that be Palpatine? Their blades flared and flashed, crashing together with bursts of fire, weaving nets of killing energy in exchanges so fast that Anakin could not truly see them—but he could feel them in the Force. The Force itself roiled and burst and crashed around them, boiling with power and lightspeed ricochets of lethal intent. And it was darkening. "

This Quote should not be used in relation to canon speed as it's from a Novel in the Legends Continuity

Speaking of Legends, why are Yoda and Mace Windu MFTL+ but Sidious is only FTL+? Probably just a mistake?

Also is everyone fine with the Jango Fett stuff?

I though Sidious was already Massively FTL+, but I guess not. And I recall Matt being busy, but I can message him on Discord.

Matthew Schroeder said:
what's the discussion here.
For now, downgrading Canon Jango Fett to Peak Human (him fighting Obi-Wan is an outlier), but scaling Legends Jango Fett to Jedi (speed only), since he consistently keeps up with them.

Change the speed of Canon Jedi (except Yoda, Sidious and Windu) to "Naturally Supersonic (Scaling/Feats), with Force amplifications Massively Hypersonic normally (Scaling/Feats), up to Massively Hypersonic+ with enough effort (Scaling/Feats. Although this quickly consumes his/her stamina and only lasts a few minutes before exhaustion)", since they are in general inferior to the likes of Mace Windu and can only keep up in short bursts.

Also we are debating about whether lightsabers depend on their user's physical strength or their own power.

Can somebody help out with finding out what calculation(s) that they are scaled from please?

@ByAsura

That seems like a very good point, but for the moment Palpatine/Sidious should probably be scaled back to MFTL+ based on the calculation.

Hellbeast1 said:
Also not big on scaling him to Force users honestly
The vagueness here personally makes me think that you didn't evaluate that properly, here is a reminder of Jango's stuff

The reek followed Mace, and he had to slash wildly to fend it off. He did manage to drive it back, but was butted and lost his lightsaber in the process. He came up facing the reek, and figured that he could outmaneuver it to get his weapon back easily enough, but then an armored rocket-man flew down in his path, blaster leveled.
Mace reached out with the Force and brought his lightsaber flying to his hand, moving like lightning to parry Jango's first shot. With the second shot, Mace was more in control, and his parry sent the bolt right back at the bounty hunter. But Jango was already in motion, diving sidelong and coming around ready to launch a series of shots the Jedi's way.

He was stopped by the reek. Unable to distinguish friend from foe, the reek bore down on Jango. He scored a couple of hits, but they hardly slowed the beast, and he was tossed away. The reek charged him, trying to stomp him as he rolled about desperately. Jango was fast, though. Every time he came around, he fired again, and again, his bolts burrowing into the furious reek's belly.

Finally, the huge bullish creature swayed, and Jango wisely rolled out the far side, opposite Mace, as the beast collapsed. The Jedi was on him immediately, lightsaber weaving through the air. Jango dodged and lifted into the air with his rockets, trying to keep one step ahead of that deadly blade and to occasionally fire a bolt at Mace.

The man was good, Mace had to admit. Very good, and more than once the Jedi had to parry desperately to turn a bolt aside. He kept up his offensive flurry, though, keeping Jango on the defensive with sudden stabs and slashing cuts.

One misstep...And then it happened, all of a sudden. Mace started to slash to the left, cut it short and stabbed straight out, then reversed his grip and sent the lightsaber slashing across, left to right. He spun a complete circuit, coming around to parry a blaster shot, but there was no shot forthcoming. That left to right reversal had cleanly landed. Jango Fett's head flew free of his shoulders and fell out of his helmet, to settle in the dirt.''

~ Attack of the Clones novelizatio​
Jango Fett bristles with weapons. An instinctive killer: the deadliest man in the galaxy. Jango can kill me in less than a second. I know it. Even if I had never seen Kenobi's report from Kamino, I can feel the violence Jango radiates: in the Force, a pulsar of death.

Yoda and Mace scale to Sidious in a key in which he has no calc linked.

@Eficiente I actually did read Jango's stuff thank you very much

The main reason I dislike this is weaker characters being portrayed as swifter then characters logically superior to them is a common fictional trope and has regularly been demonstrated as PIS.

How many times have we seen similar revisions for other verses rejected? It's frankly ridiculous to treat this as anything other then that trope

Secondly the Kenobi fight shows Jango physically matching Kenobi. How can we use that to justify Jango having Rel+ speed while also treating him harming Kenobi as PIS?

That's cherry picking the sequence which I believe this very revision disparages doing for the canon Force Users.

Also considering Mace is currently MFTL I believe you really don't want to be using that as evidence of Jango's scaling.

I could also talk about the scaling chain this could create but I'll ignore that for now.

The best option is to scale Jango and Boba to their own feats plain and simple (at most with a likely far higher for the above addendums)

The Kenobi fight is definitely an outlier, yes.

I think Eficiente is trying to scale Jango to Dooku's apprentices though.

I know

I'm just saying several of his examples are invalid and this does not address the huge scaling chain this would likely create

Also I just realized (I don't pay attention to Legends stats usually lol) that Legends Jedi are actually FTL in combat speed, so Jango Fett would actually be FTL, which is...iffy to say the least.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
I'm not sure why are they MFTL+ in the first place.
@ByAsura True, but I think they scale to different calcs.
Sidious scales above Vitiate. That's why he's MFTL+, but I don't agree with force spirit speed, as I mentioned before.

Speaking on this, Wutzek isn't a force-user, he's a force entity, and not even a Sith or necessarily a darkside practitioner.

• One of those was a vastly intelligent and anomalous energy being, a glowing mass of interlinked, pulsating orbs called Wutzek, who the Five said was the last of the Force-Demons. When Chewbacca escaped his binds and freed Wutzek, the entity wasted no time disintegrating his sadistic captors. The Wookiee was permitted to depart with his companions and the remaining captive animals. Once the Falcon was at a safe distance, the cult's ship was destroyed by a pale flash of light that resembled a gargantuan image of the Force Demon itself.
The others are fine, though Jerec (w/Valley) and the Corsair seem iffy. It's more of a nitpick, though, since Palpatine would stay as Solar System level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back