• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

More Speed Revisions for My Little Pony: Telekinesis Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I make my third thread trying to scale telekinesis to their magic speed. After mulling it over a bit I came to a few conclusions and have some new arguments for it and so here we go again.

First and foremost: Knocking down the idea that telekinesis is superior in speed to magic blasts. This relationship is actually in reverse. It's the magic that is superior in speed to telekinesis. We have feats for FTL magic projectiles. Outside of moving the Sun, where have we ever seen telekinesis from the scaled characters being used at those speeds? Telekinesis has always been portrayed as slower than magic projectiles. It is never depicted as FTL except for when they move the Sun and even then, that is purely because of the sheer size of the Sun. Not to mention, FTL telekinesis only happens when used by the tier 4's, and the mid tiers (who also scale to FTL) have never used telekinesis at such speeds.

The only reason telekinesis appears faster is again, because of the sheer size of the Sun. But the thing is: The tier 4 characters have never actually displayed hard limits to their magic speed. We've never been explicitly shown their magic blasts are slower. I also think animation limitation plays a part here. No animator is going to animate a magic blast travelling multiple meters in nanoseconds. Animation is too limited for that. With the sheer size of the Sun, you don't need such small time-frames to display FTL speeds.

Lastly: Their magical energy in general is moving at the same speed they move the Sun. Basically, it's pretty obvious that they use magic on the Sun right? So then that means they are surrounding the Sun in magical energy in order to move it are they not? Then in order to mantain control when they move the Sun, are they not moving their magic at the same speed at which the Sun is being moved? Seeing as the magic has to travel with the Sun in order to move it or else they lose control? By all logical assumption, if they can move their energy at that speed non-combatively, they ought to be able to move it at least at similar speeds in actual comabt situations.

If this is allowed then I have done an accepted calculated on this feat for their telekinetic speed at Massively FTL+.

Oh, and I also think this is something that should only be scaled to the tier 4 characters. I do not think this is something that can be reasonably applied to the mid tiers of the verse.

I think that this seems to make sense, but we preferably need more staff input.

I agree on applying it to combat speed and reactions, but flight and movement speed on the level would be iffy.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I agree on applying it to combat speed and reactions, but flight and movement speed on the level would be iffy.
Well that much is obvious. I also think this is something that should only be scaled to tier 4 characters and above if the revisions for Discord are ever accepted. I do not think this is something that can be reasonably applied to the mid tiers of the verse.

Are you willing to ask a few other staff members to help out with input here?

Antvasima said:
Are you willing to ask a few other staff members to help out with input here?
I've asked two staff members 3 hours and 30 minutes ago respectively. Both of whom were active multiple times mere minutes ago.

Already contadted Cal and Wok, maybe they'll respond if you ask them? But I'll take a look at the other admins.

Okay. You can tell them that I would appreciate the help.

Looks fine for combat speed. Neutral on reaction speed, I need proof for that.

Medeus is correct, although they isially tend to be comparable or hard to distinguish from each other in a measurable manner.

You can probably apply the accepted changes now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back