• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monkey D. Luffy vs Stevonnie

Seeing as Luffy recently faced a swordsman of similar calibre, let's see how he matches up against this one! Stevonnie has a slight overall advantage in most fields but Luffy's skillset is more varied and he has more combat experience plus a massive lifting strength and range advantage. Curious to see what direction this one will go!

Scenario 1: Stevonnie starts out fused, starting distance 20 meters, standard battle scenario otherwise

Scenario 2: As scenario 1 but with Punk Hazard saga Luffy instead (so no Gear 4 and some stat downgrades)

Luffy Post Time Skip
Monkey D. Luffy

Stevonnie with Sword and Shield by Lenhi
Stevonnie

Luffy - 0 / 0

Stevonnie - 2 / 2

Round 1: Stevonnie, their speed advantage, higher AP, and higher durability both with and without their shield and bubble are a bit too much for Luffy to handle, his only advantage would be his Kenbunshoku Haki but it wouldn't do much...

Round 2: Stevonnie but easier

WeeklyBattles said:
Round 1: Stevonnie, their speed advantage, higher AP, and higher durability both with and without their shield and bubble are a bit too much for Luffy to handle, his only advantage would be his Kenbunshoku Haki but it wouldn't do much...
I think that Stevonnie is slower, actually - she's on par with Jasper, who is on par with Garnet, who was able to keep up with Lapis Lazuli's Hydrokinesis at mach 200 while Luffy escaped from Doflamingo's sight, who moved in the mach 300-650 range. Even adding the lightning feat for Garnet (which I won't since that was clearly a precognition thing) their speed should be about equal - Stevonnie certainly doesn't have an advantage in this field. But yeah, I forgot about the shield and bubble - those have multi-continent level durability looking at Steve's page.

Even so, Luffy has a lot of flexibility with how he can use his abilities, matches Stevonnie's speed (and has limited precognition!) and has far more range. I dunno, I'm not convinced yet. I can see him landing some Gear 4 attacks and pulling out a win if he optimally uses the advantages he has, which he can as per his combat genius status.

I'll concede his loss in scenario 2 though, the difference is power and durability is just too great for him to overcome regardless of how clever he fights.

Hmm, I appear to have made a slight mistake, Luffy is actually faster, he's rated as being MHS for disappearing from Doflamingo's sight, and Doffy is Mach 637. Stevonnie is rated as MHS for keeping up with Jasper, who kept up with Garnet, who' lightning timing feat is Mach 582. She saw the lightning with her Future Vision but didn't move to block it until it was only a few feet from her head, I see that you're fairly new here so i'm just letting you know that this has been discussed here several times, which is why it is included in her profile.

True, Luffy does have precog and better reach with his Gum Gum powers, but even in Gear 4th he isn't strong enough to put Stevonnie down, and he wouldn't be able to break through their Shield or Bubble. Though the way things are going in One Piece I feel like he could become more powerful in the near future and be able to pull off a win.

Ah yes, I must have misremembered the episode in question - I recalled her holding up her hand well in advance for some reason, but it clearly shows her pulling up her hand when the lightning is already in frame, so fair enough.

WeeklyBattles said:
So currently Stevonnie wins but that could and very likely will change in future.
Well, Stevonnie is probably going to get stronger too. Steven still doesn't have good control over most of his abilities and said abilities getting out of control have on at least one occasion (watermelon stevens) overwhelmed the three Crystal Gems. Connie is also still just a rookie in swordfighting and getting more confident and skilled quickly. Who knows where EoS Luffy vs EoS Stevonnie might end up? Guess we'll find out in fifteen years or so when One Piece ends ;)

Isn't Punk Hazard Luffy the Mountain Level one? If it is, Stevonnie wins round 2, but IDK about round 1 because I stopped watching One Piece some time ago.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Isn't Punk Hazard Luffy the Mountain Level one? If it is, Stevonnie wins round 2, but IDK about round 1 because I stopped watching One Piece some time ago.
It is, you can check on his profile where his stats are listed per significant story arc.

Sjasogun1 said:
It is, you can check on his profile where his stats are listed per significant story arc.
OK, according to the profiles, Stevonnie is still stronger and more durable, they also have equivalent reactions, but their movement speed is far slower. Luffy has precognition, this could be a problem for Stevonnie, and there is the Haoshoku Haki, but I don't think Stevonnie is weak-willed enough for it to put her down... I don't know, this seems to be a close fight.

So, in my opinion:

-Round 1: Stevonnie could win if they manage to land some attacks on Luffy, but his speed and precognition makes this a very hard task.

-Round 2: There is no way that Luffy is beating Stevonnie with such a low AP and durability, and not having the Gear 4 gives Luffy a big disadvantage

Paulo.junior.969 said:
So, in my opinion:
-Round 1: Stevonnie could win if they manage to land some attacks on Luffy, but his speed and precognition makes this a very hard task.

-Round 2: There is no way that Luffy is beating Stevonnie with such a low AP and durability, and not having the Gear 4 gives Luffy a big disadvantage
Stevonnie still matches him in reflexes and combat speed though, and Luffy must hit them physically, so they can just slice into him like what happened in his fight against Charlotte Cracker. Stevonnie also has great defense so Luffy will have to get into close quarters for his more devastating attacks if he wants any hope of dealing substantial damage.

On the precog, it's been shown in the series that, while it still works against opponents with equal speed, it doesn't help as much as you'd hope - check out all the opponents Luffy faced with speed similar to his after the timeskip, including those who didn't demonstrably have haki such as Caesar and Hody Jones (the latter of which unfortunately doesn't have a profile here). The most impressive precog feats have always been against clearly inferior opponents.

Sjasogun1 said:
Paulo.junior.969 said:
So, in my opinion:

Stevonnie still matches him in reflexes and combat speed though, and Luffy must hit them physically, so they can just slice into him like what happened in his fight against Charlotte Cracker. Stevonnie also has great defense so Luffy will have to get into close quarters for his more devastating attacks if he wants any hope of dealing substantial damage.
On the precog, it's been shown in the series that, while it still works against opponents with equal speed, it doesn't help as much as you'd hope - check out all the opponents Luffy faced with speed similar to his after the timeskip, including those who didn't demonstrably have haki such as Caesar and Hody Jones (the latter of which unfortunately doesn't have a profile here). The most impressive precog feats have always been against clearly inferior opponents.
Ok, so, Stevonnie wins.

Back