• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Momoshiki Upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ricsi-viragosi said:
But Old shiki only apears in the movie

Old Shiki refers to the current Shiki. If this was Strong World Shiki his key would be Strong World Shiki. Cin made the profile and he knows that the movies aren't canon.

Not that it matters because like I have explained above the canonity of both are under very different circumstances again.

AstralKing7 said:
We need a Movie Novel key not a anime Novel key. The Movie Novel very much said he absorbed a star and energy from outside a different dimension alongside showing Absolutely Zero blizzards That's why he needs a Movie Novel key not a Anime Novel key
This because of the fact that it's so different from the primary canon and different from the movie and anime

Kepekley23 said:
But it makes no grammatical sense for him to say he went to a star and killed everyone there if he wasn't referring to said star. Does anyone even have the original translation here?
The sentence actually asserted he destroyed said star.

Said star destruction killed everyone.

He destroyed the planet by scorching the surface of it with the radiation released by the dying sun

AstralKing7 said:
TataHakai said:
He destroyed the planet by scorching the surface of it with the radiation released by the dying sun
What we need to figure out tho is how he used the sun
He just explained that, did he not?

And even then, that's still a planet-level feat at best.

While Ukyō Kodachi writes Boruto Manga, Ikemoto was the one Kishimoto personally picked to continue his story.

Ikemoto even compares his bond with Kishimoto to that of a family. Thus, the fact Ikemoto illustrate the novel, in large part, makes it canon considering Kishimoto made Ikemoto the major player of series.

This shows seeing as Ukyō Kodachi once stated it was Ikemoto's decision that made Boruto Manga monthly. Ukyō Kodachi cannot supercede Ikemoto in regards to whose input remains.

Korudo Daio said:

It isnt since he essentially killed a star to do that. Also ignoring the star dying it would be a 5-A feat since everything got scroched including the atmosphere.

What we need to figure out tho is how he used the sun

You do realize I said how he used the sun righ?? Does Momoshiki have control over the sun?? We don't know which is why I asked how he used the sun.

I don't know why Bleach is brought up.

The novel doesn't have enough reason to suggest it's canon, except Kubo involvement.

The Boruto novel has more than enough reason, considering it's part of the timeline, it doesn't contradict anything so far, it's illustrated by Ikemoto, and it's based on the anime.

Devoyant said:
I don't know why Bleach is brought up.
The novel doesn't have enough reason to suggest it's canon, except Kubo involvement.

The Boruto novel has more than enough reason, considering it's part of the timeline, it doesn't contradict anything so far, it's illustrated by Ikemoto, and it's based on the anime.
That white zetsu army was for the entire otsutsuki clan not just momoshiki and kinshiki.

Its been clearly stated that there are more Otsutsuki clan members.

dont just think that kaguya created that army only for momoshiki.

a rasengan killed momoshiki, because he is not immortal.

Kaguya ated the whole chakra fruit, while momoshiki ated chakra pills there is a different

Dfdfsdfs

Janes3433 said:
That white zetsu army was for the entire otsutsuki clan not just momoshiki and kinshiki.

Its been clearly stated that there are more Otsutsuki clan members.

dont just think that kaguya created that army only for momoshiki.

a rasengan killed momoshiki, because he is not immortal.

Kaguya ated the whole chakra fruit, while momoshiki ated chakra pills there is a different
Except we recently learned from the anime that Sasuke recovered kaguya' scroll which contained not only the names of Momoshiki and kinshiki but also their dimensions location. Kaguya knew who here persuers were OR would be.

Burning Full Fingers said:
How is the Zetsu army important to the topic at hand though?
They think Momoshiki is stronger than Kaguya, because Kaguya was building a white zetsu army against him.

the truth is ,That white zetsu army was for the entire otsutsuki clan not just momoshiki and kinshiki.

I'm pretty sure if Kaguya knew the whole clan was coming she wouldn't have fought back lmao if I was her I'd just give up. Also it's stated that she knew that 3 of them were coming since she had it in her scroll

[URL='https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/d/d3/Dfdfsdfs.png/revision/latest?cb=20180710024520'][IMG alt="Dfdfsdfs said:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/d/d3/Dfdfsdfs.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/180?cb=20180710024520[/IMG][/URL]
AstralKing7"]
I'm pretty sure if Kaguya knew the whole clan was coming she wouldn't have fought back lmao if I was her I'd just give up. Also it's stated that she knew that 3 of them were coming since she had it in her scroll
and what about the rest?

Golden Void said:
Seems rejected to me.
I don't really wanna go through this whole thread to figure out the reason as to why it was rejected. So can you give me a basic summary of how the conclusion was made?

Misterman21 said:
I don't really wanna go through this whole thread to figure out the reason as to why it was rejected. So can you give me a basic summary of how the conclusion was made?
Looks through Kep and Cal's replies

It's rejected because there's no star level feat here, at best you'd try and calc the radiation energy caused by the sun but even that might not be possible and even then you'd have to prove Momo caused it.

There's just no feat here.

I would have thought causing a star to basically exapnd to the point where it is destroying a planet would be star level. But even if it was not Kep had calculated the destruction of a planets entire atmosphere and all the land to be 5-A. Whis is definitely what happned. And is shown in the anime.

There's no proof Momoshiki did that though, for all we know the star was already dying, for such a big upgrade you'd need more proof that he caused that to happen.

TataHakai said:
There's no proof Momoshiki did that though, for all we know the star was already dying, for such a big upgrade you'd need more proof that he caused that to happen.
That would not make anysense. That by coincidence the star was just dying.... Why would it mention Momoshiki then? If a star near a planet was dying the planet would die out just the same because of the expansion of the star and the increased heat on the planet. Momohsiki would not need to be there since the star is going supernova.

Rocker1189 said:
A) Dying stars don't always go supernova,

B) the death of a star can take a number of years in and of itself,

C) manipulating the radiation of a dying star to raze a planet's surface is, as you might have already guessed, only a planet-level feat of radiation manipulation, as opposed to a stellar or solar system feat.

IMO, the most you're going to get out of this novel, if it were even accepted as canon for Momoshiki's profile, is the addition of Radiation Manipulation to his powerset.

Even if you want to claim he accelerated the star's death, it actually doesn't even take stellar-level energy to do so. A relatively small increase in energy is all it takes to destabilize a star. You won't destroy it outright, but you'll certainly take a few million years or so off of its lifespan.

And lastly, why would it mention Momoshiki if the star's dying is just by coincedence? Well, dying star or not, the planet still had life on it prior to Momoshiki using the star's radiation to kill it all to make his Shinju tree, and Momoshiki needs to do just that for his chakra fruits--kill life. That the life there was doomed anyway is nothing short of irrelevant to someone like Momo.

Korudo Daio said:

C) manipulating the radiation of a dying star to raze a planet's surface is, as you might have already guessed, only a planet-level feat of radiation manipulation, as opposed to a stellar or solar system feat.

IMO, the most you're going to get out of this novel, if it were even accepted as canon for Momoshiki's profile, is the addition of Radiation Manipulation to his powerset.

Even if you want to claim he accelerated the star's death, it actually doesn't even take stellar-level energy to do so. A relatively small increase in energy is all it takes to destabilize a star. You won't destroy it outright, but you'll certainly take a few million years or so off of its lifespan.
A) You are right it depends on their size, but they kill planets all the same.

B) Yeah and still does not mean anything with Momoshiki around he probabaly sped it up.

C) It is actually large planet level since he stripped out the atmosphere as well.

Nope, it would be large planet level and possibly star level since it makes no sense for it to be a coincidence that a dimension that (he created btw) just happened to have a star dying at the perfect moment.

Yeah and stars die in tens of billions of years it would have to be thousands of times more energy to accelerate a stars death. I mean it is not like it is his only star level feat ( draining energy greater than a dimension with a confirmed sun in it).

I thought this thread was closed pending when the staff finally replies on the Boruto canon thread?

Anyway, I'll try as much and respond to the rebuttals here.

They think Momoshiki is stronger than Kaguya, because Kaguya was building a white zetsu army against him.

the truth is ,That white zetsu army was for the entire otsutsuki clan not just momoshiki and kinshiki.

Except Sasuke stated Momoshiki and Kishinki were the pursuers Kaguya was afraid of, not the entire Otsutsuki clan.

Looks through Kep and Cal's replies

Kep's main problem is that the novels aren't canon. This has been addressed on the other thread.

TataHakai said:
"It's rejected because there's no star level feat here, at best you'd try and calc the radiation energy caused by the sun but even that might not be possible and even then you'd have to prove Momo caused it."

The novel literally stated by harvesting the god-tree, Momoshiki simply destroyed the star. Why do you keep on ignoring this?

"There's no proof Momoshiki did that though, for all we know the star was already dying, for such a big upgrade you'd need more proof that he caused that to happen."

That cannot be. Why'd Momoshiki traverse to a planet with a dying star? The notion would posit the inhabitants of the planets of the star was already killed before he got there. However, we know members of the Otsutsuki clan needs the inhabitants of a planet to be alive in other to harvest their chakra. Kaguya needed the inhabitants of the earth to be alive to harvest their chakra. Momoshiki needed Naruto to be alive to harvest his chakra, and create the god-tree. Your logic quite simply, is flawed.

Just so you know, during the initial stages of a dying star, the earth would be no longer be habitable. The oceans will boil and evaporate..

Momoshiki needs life to harvest their chakra, meaning the sun wasn't dying, since during the initial stages of a dying sun, the earth would non longer be habitable.

Additionally, the novel called the star—the sun, and the planet—the earth. That suggest their cosmic make-up is analogous to ours.

Korudo Daio said:
Rocker1189 said:

And lastly, why would it mention Momoshiki if the star's dying is just by coincedence? Well, dying star or not, the planet still had life on it prior to Momoshiki using the star's radiation to kill it all to make his Shinju tree, and Momoshiki needs to do just that for his chakra fruits--kill life. That the life there was doomed anyway is nothing short of irrelevant to someone like Momo.
"Dying stars don't always go supernova,

A. Except a star releases synchrotron radiation as a result of exploding.

B. That only happens when a star reach the end of its life. The star on that unknown world was stated to be destroyed by Momoshiki.

C. There has been literally ZERO indication suggesting Momoshiki can manipulate a star's radiation.

"Even if you want to claim he accelerated the star's death, it actually doesn't even take stellar-level energy to do so."

There's literally a statement saying he destroyed it. No one is claiming anything out of their own discretion.

"Well, dying star or not, the planet still had life on it prior to Momoshiki using the star's radiation"

A dying star would make a planet such as earth no longer habitable, thus there would be no life. Momoshiki cannot manipulate radiation. This is a firsthand conjecture.

Furthermore, the planet Momoshiki sat on was in ruins, aka destroyed. Synchrotron radiation has no destructive properties. There's also the fact, a dying sun wouldn't necessary destroy the earth. However, the earth Momoshiki sat on was depicted to be destroyed, which only occurs from a shockwave of a supernova.

Like I said, the novel called the star—the sun, and the planet Momoshiki sat on—the earth. That suggest their cosmic make-up is analogous to ours, and that includes the distance from the earth to the sun.

Devoyant said:
TataHakai said:
"It's rejected because there's no star level feat here, at best you'd try and calc the radiation energy caused by the sun but even that might not be possible and even then you'd have to prove Momo caused it."
The novel literally stated by harvesting the god-tree, Momoshiki simply destroyed the star. Why do you keep on ignoring this?
And you keep ignoring the fact that a Star wasn't destroyed, the Planet was, nothing at all suggests the Star did anything besides die out and release radiation

Your best shout here is that Momoshiki caused a star to die out by speeding up process of nuclear fusion and causing it to run out of gas essentially, not sure how you'd calc that but if you want to try then be my guest

What Momo certainly did not do is Destroy the sun or do anything in the Star level range.

TataHakai said:
Devoyant said:
TataHakai said:
And you keep ignoring the fact that a Star wasn't destroyed, the Planet was, nothing at all suggests the Star did anything besides die out and release radiation
Your best shout here is that Momoshiki caused a star to die out by speeding up process of nuclear fusion and causing it to run out of gas essentially, not sure how you'd calc that but if you want to try then be my guest

What Momo certainly did not do is Destroy the sun or do anything in the Star level range.
....you do like know a star doesn't completely get destroyed after it explodes, right?

>A dying star won't destroy the earth. >Synchrotron radiation wouldn't destroy the earth.

Yet earth is shown destroyed....which only happens after a supernova.

"caused a star to die out by speeding up process of nuclear fusion and causing..

Yeah that's nice and all, but Momoshiki can't do all that.

>What Momo certainly did not do is Destroy the sun or do anything in the Star level range.

Novel; He very simply destroyed the star

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back