• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Momoshiki Upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kepekley23 said:
The manga is canon because Kishi was initially involved and Kodachi had his input. The illustrator of the novel has no bearing on its canonicity, he isn't involved with the script.
And again even if mannga is main canon it is not contradicted by the event of the anime or novel since it completely skips them.

Kepekley23 said:
The manga is canon because Kishi was initially involved and Kodachi had his input. The illustrator of the novel has no bearing on its canonicity, he isn't involved with the script.
Just gonna throw this in there

"Ko Shigenobu is credited alongside the original creator of Naruto ― Masahsi Kishimoto, as well as the illustrator ― Mikie Ikemoto, and writer ― Ukyo Kodachi."

Also Kishi and Kodachi's name are on the front cover of the novel.

The names being on the front of the novel doesn't mean much. I made the same argument for Memories of Nobody and got told that doesn't matter.

Off topic: To avoid future events like this shouldn't we add a "Canon and non canon" tab to verse pages? Like listing novels that are and aren't canon for that verse.

The novels have been said to Be canon but we don't accept them as being canon because of how different they are to the anime and manga

AstralKing7 said:
The novels have been said to
Be canon but we don't accept them as being canon because of how different they are to the anime and manga
That makes no sense. So despite them being stated to be canon we just make up our own headcanon?

If they show different things to what they supposed to be canon to it means it's logically not canon. Anime is supposed to be canon to the manga but everything isn't the same which is why it's only supporting and secondary canon

I say that whatever is not contradited and literally not explained in the manga is obviously canon. Big one being the srrival of momoshiki, kinshiki and urashiki. And what was happening before it.

Memories of Nobody was thrown out because i'm pretty sure it was stated it didn't fit the timeline and there was really only 1 statement to go off of etc.

But i'm not going to get into Bleach here

@Tata

All links I found said Ko was the one who wrote the entire novel, and your links don't work.

> Also Kishi and Kodachi's name are on the front cover of the novel.

Hardly means anything. It's copyright politics.

"Leave Bleach out of here because Naruto should get special treatment on how we handle its canonicity".

No.

EDIT: Came off less insulting and more reprimanding in my head. I apologize for the jimmies that this rustled.

Kepekley23 said:
"Leave Bleach out of here because Naruto should get special treatment on how we handle its canonicity".
No.
I really.. really dont think that was what they were implying. Like those are 2 completely different scenarios.

Also I am pretty sure most people here dont have a problem with Bleach's movie being canon.

But anyway this is not a Bleach thread.

The point wasn't that it's tied into Bleach. That was used for an example as to how we shouldn't give verses special treatment. The thing you should have taken out of the Bleach example was that the Authors name being on the novel isn't enough to make it canon.

It's because this thread and the Bleach Memories of Nobody thread are identical in that both are using similar and equally incorrect arguments in order to get a tier passed. Using the exact same argument and expecting a different result isn't right.

Also, that wasn't really intended to be a jab. It came off a little bit less insulting in my head.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
The point wasn't that it's tied into Bleach. That was used for an example as to how we shouldn't give verses special treatment. The thing you should have taken out of the Bleach example was that the Authors name being on the novel isn't enough to make it canon.
Yeah,, so TataHaki made that comment. I did Kudo it because I thought it meant more than it turned out it did. But pretending that was the main reason we were considering it canon would be fallacious and straight up wrong.

We literally got a feat tho, we don't really care if it's canon it should have a Light Novel Key because of the fact that it is so different from the canon material. That's what everyone said earlier I don't know how this canon stuff took over

But it had nothing to do with tiering, but rather, preventing a major heated argument from coming up whenever Bleach and Naruto butt heads, which happens like 99% of the time.

Kepekley23 said:
It's because this thread and the Bleach Memories of Nobody thread are identical in that both are using similar and equally incorrect arguments in order to get a tier passed. Using the exact same argument and expecting a different result isn't right.
Also, that wasn't really intended to be a jab.
They are not identical at all. Again I dont want to make this into a Bleach thread but as was said above Bleach's does not even have a time line that is followed. As far as I know everything that happened in that movie happened at an impossible time.

Meanwhile the Boruto novel is quite literally supported by main canon and outright gives us more info on the happenings of the manga and anime.

AstralKing7 said:
We literally got a feat tho, we don't really care if it's canon it should have a Light Novel Key because of the fact that it is so different from the canon material. That's what everyone said earlier I don't know how this canon stuff took over
This and many times over

There's no reason to have a different key. It's the exact same thing as rating Boo as 3-A based on "Databook Keys" where he is said to be a Universe Buster. It's wrong.

Also, I apologize if that comment offended you.

kishimoto passed the torch to kodachi. He writes both the manga and novels. Let's be honest here, several timelines confirm it's validity, the new writers is responsible for its creation, but you want us to treat it as anything but canon. At what point is time to stop ignoring or disregarding relevant information? This checks all the boxes that merit an upgrade for a character, and the push I'm reading is either coming from a dishonest or fearful place. Sufre there are still some unknowns about the topic of this post, but what has been presently is plausible. There's no need for this pointless back and forth over what's official. Just like new databooks confirm and support the current state of the manga, these timelines gives us a blueprint to what is part of the official story, and what orde rto read them in. The feats are canon.

• It should be noted that boruto started out as a reboot, then later became a sequel. This is why there are some retcons.**

We need a Movie Novel key not a anime Novel key. The Movie Novel very much said he absorbed a star and energy from outside a different dimension alongside showing Absolutely Zero blizzards That's why he needs a Movie Novel key not a Anime Novel key

> kishimoto passed the torch to kodachi. He writes both the manga and novels.

Kodachi does not write the novels, dude.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
But it had nothing to do with tiering, but rather, preventing a major heated argument from coming up whenever Bleach and Naruto butt heads, which happens like 99% of the time.

This is a gross over generalization. We don't butt heads in every thread that's usually only in Versus threads. And it only got out of hand once. Again you aren't looking at this the right way, you keep looking at the Memories of Nobody thing negatively. The point was that simply having the name of the Author on the novel isn't enough to make it canon. Neither are the proposed arguments. I could have used any series as an example, such as the Strong World movie for One Piece. It's made by Oda and can fit in the timeline. Still doesn't make it canon.

The point was that simply having the name of the Author on the novel isn't enough to make it canon. Neither are the proposed arguments. I could have used any series as an example, such as the Strong World movie for One Piece. It's made by Oda and can fit in the timeline. Still doesn't make it canon.
And yet shiki has a key for strong world

This is a gross over generalization. We don't butt heads in every thread that's usually only in Versus threads. And it only got out of hand once. Again you aren't looking at this the right way, you keep looking at the Memories of Nobody thing negatively. The point was that simply having the name of the Author on the novel isn't enough to make it canon. Neither are the proposed arguments. I could have used any series as an example, such as the Strong World movie for One Piece. It's made by Oda and can fit in the timeline. Still doesn't make it canon.
Difference being that the novel directly ties into the anime fight and the srong world movie again does not. You forget that the only reason we are arguing the canocity of this thing is the fact that it ties directly to the story and quite literally shows what happened in the manga too.

That isn't a strong world key. Shiki is a canon character who's mentioned in the Manga but the movie itself isn't.

That isn't a strong world key. Shiki is a canon character who's mentioned in the Manga but the movie itself isn't.
His second key is based off of the movie. Which is why the first key is litiraly called canon key

His second key is based off of the movie. Which is why the first key is litiraly called canon key </div>

Blatantly false. Manga Canon (Prime Shiki) | Old Shiki

His keys are for his prime version and his old version.

Kepekley23 said:
> kishimoto passed the torch to kodachi. He writes both the manga and novels.
Kodachi does not write the novels, dude.
Thought he passed it down to Ikemoto, i know Kodachi writes the script but i think it's mostly credited to Ikemoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back