• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
What do you think about possibly upgrading Thor and related characters to 4-A based on his highest feats? Would it mess up our scaling too much or be acceptable?
I don't mind 4-A, but I disagree with some of the feats. Shaking the Universe against Ego is already accounted under the Thermo Blast, and not something we scale other characters to. Creating a storm that stretches across a Universe would just be Universal range (unless it shook everywhere it reached), crumbling a galaxy is vague (plus Thor seems to be enraged here, so idk how much his word is worth in this instance), and shaking the fabric of Infinity seems more like High 3-A than 4-A, which I don't think is being suggested. I think Thor surviving the destruction of the Black Galaxy might need a calc, but it seems fine as a feat (though I might recall some scans for the Black Galaxy being Infinite?)

For some of the non-Thor feats, setting fire to the galaxy seems more like a figure of speech than anything else, but a few of the others seem fine. If the Black Galaxy feat is 4-A, and then Sentry, Beta Ray Bill, Red Norvell, Nova, etc. have 4-A feats too, 4-A seems decent.

Shaking the Universe against Ego is already accounted under the Thermo Blast, and not something we scale other characters to.
Why then is Ego not considered 4-A? Also, Stan Lee and Jack Kirby seem to treat Ego and Galactus on these levels.

Creating a storm that stretches across a Universe would just be Universal range (unless it shook everywhere it reached
The storm was so powerful that it could destroy mountain peaks a universe away, I calculated it using the inverse square law and got 4-A.

Shaking the fabric of Infinity seems more like High 3-A than 4-A, which I don't think is being suggested.
The word Infinity is also used as a synonym for Universe.

I think Thor surviving the destruction of the Black Galaxy might need a calc, but it seems fine as a feat (though I might recall some scans for the Black Galaxy being Infinite?)
Here I have already done so. The black galaxy is not infinite.

We likely need to stop scaling at least a part of our current 4-B characters to Thor, if we upgrade the latter to 4-A, and use their own feats instead, if these are of nowhere near his scale of power. As we should all know by now, Marvel runs on everybody can fight everybody after all.

Maybe it would be better to place the peak power level Hulk and similar characters at High 5-A instead, where their calculated feats are placed, for example?

Why then is Ego not considered 4-A? Also, Stan Lee and Jack Kirby seem to treat Ego and Galactus on these levels.

I was talking about the Herald tiers scaling to it. Though didn't it literally beat Ego?
The storm was so powerful that it could destroy mountain peaks a universe away, I calculated it using the inverse square law and got 4-A.
Seems fine then, but can you send the calc?
Also do we scale Mjolnir to the storms it can produce?
The word Infinity is also used as a synonym for Universe.
Can you give some examples?
Like, if the wiki accepted the Marvel Universe being infinite, I could see why it would refer to the Universe, but they don't, so I'd like a few instances of infinity being used synonymous to Universe.
Here I have already done so. The black galaxy is not infinite.
Probably should've put the calcs in your blogpost.
The Black Galaxy has been called a living Universe twice (Thor #407, Thor #422) and was called an infinite gulf of time and space (Thor #417), so I'm not sure if it's only Galactic in size.

The Tier puts the 4-A "at peak" but the AP says it's via 1 technique/thing.

Also Jane Foster as Thor was weird, iirc she went to attack those 2 gods, but got overpowered, then went to attack them again and did overpower them, then went to attack the Phoenix Force but got overpowered, then went to attack it again and could overpower it. Do we have anything that would imply her to be her own thing in terms of powerscaling?

I was talking about the Herald tiers scaling to it. Though didn't it literally beat Ego?
Yes, but it does not appear to have significantly harmed Ego.

Seems fine then, but can you send the calc?
Also do we scale Mjolnir to the storms it can produce?
I guess so
Can you give some examples?
Like, if the wiki accepted the Marvel Universe being infinite, I could see why it would refer to the Universe, but they don't, so I'd like a few instances of infinity being used synonymous to Universe.
I don't have time to look for scans where infinite is used as a synonym, but in any case it is clear that here infinite is alluding to the universe, whether infinite or not. Because in most cases, when you say "shook the fabric of the" the word universe follows.
Probably should've put the calcs in your blogpost.
I have already done so.
The Black Galaxy has been called a living Universe twice (Thor #407, Thor #422) and was called an infinite gulf of time and space (Thor #417), so I'm not sure if it's only Galactic in size.
It is called the living Universe rather because the entire Galaxy is composed of living matter.

Last edited:
What do you think about possibly upgrading Thor and related characters to 4-A based on his highest feats? Would it mess up our scaling too much or be acceptable?
We likely need to stop scaling at least a part of our current 4-B characters to Thor, if we upgrade the latter to 4-A, and use their own feats instead, if these are of nowhere near his scale of power. As we should all know by now, Marvel runs on everybody can fight everybody after all.

Maybe it would be better to place the peak power level Hulk and similar characters at High 5-A instead, where their calculated feats are placed, for example?
I would appreciate further input about this.

Anyone who has directly fought and overpowered Thor at his peak or higher than usual level several times can be considered part of his scaling chain. If it's just once or twice, they can be left aside.

Not sure how practical my solution is but I personally think it could work.

Yes, but it does not appear to have significantly harmed Ego.
I don't think we scale characters from instances where they lose, but aren't significantly injured.
The loss also made Ego believe he shouldn't even attempt to try something like this again, and Thor verbatim says Ego can't equal the Thermo Blast.
I don't have time to look for scans where infinite is used as a synonym, but in any case it is clear that here infinite is alluding to the universe, whether infinite or not. Because in most cases, when you say "shook the fabric of the" the word universe follows.
Is that the case? Like, characters have also said fabric of the Galaxy (GoTG #17), fabric of the Multiverse (Odin vs Seth), etc, so I don't think we can assume the context of "the fabric of" means it's in reference to the Universe.
It is called the living Universe rather because the entire Galaxy is composed of living matter.
The living part isn't relevant to it being Universal. Like, a Galaxy being alive doesn't make it something that would be called a Universe. This also doesn't address the statement for it being infinite.
Are there any characters with 4-B feats and scaling outside of Thor, Surfer and Sentry?

Beyonder drones can be used IG.

Also, I think Genis got a few feats that could potentially be 4-B. I will need to reread his stuff again one day to see if they can be used.
Alright. Though, even if 4-B doesn't work out, I think these characters would be 4-C instead of High 5-A, with Drax destroying a Star, Mar-vell creating one, and probably some other feats I'm forgetting. Maybe we could try gathering some 4-C feats?

I don't think we scale characters from instances where they lose, but aren't significantly injured.
The loss also made Ego believe he shouldn't even attempt to try something like this again, and Thor verbatim says Ego can't equal the Thermo Blast.
What shook the universe is pretty much just a fraction of the energy from the Thermal Blast that dissipated, Ego survived the full energy of the attack, so I guess at most he could get 4-A for this.
Is that the case? Like, characters have also said fabric of the Galaxy (GoTG #17), fabric of the Multiverse (Odin vs Seth), etc, so I don't think we can assume the context of "the fabric of" means it's in reference to the Universe.
I meant that "most" of the time when they say "Shook the fabric of" they are talking about the Universe, they also say "Infinity" which is sometimes used as a synonym for Universe, so clearly they are referring to the latter whether infinite or not. It is a fifty fifty or it is a 4-A or High 3-A feat.

The living part isn't relevant to it being Universal. Like, a Galaxy being alive doesn't make it something that would be called a Universe. This also doesn't address the statement for it being infinite.
Why not, the entire galaxy is composed of living matter. Calling it a Universe is just a fancy way of referring to a galactic bioverse.

The characters have been in the center of the galaxy and have been able to get out of it, so it is obvious that it is not infinite. Also, an explosion that did not have infinite velocity was able to cover it completely.

In keeping with the main theme, the two Mjolnirs amplifier must be added:

The addition should look like this:
At least Low Multiverse level, possibly Multiverse level+ two Mjolnirs together (Two colliding Mjolnir possess the power of a big bang and can power a machine capable of unifying infinite timelines. It absorbs and withstands Gorr's divine bomb, which was to kill all the gods of the universe across space and time, including Odin and Zeus)

In keeping with the main theme, the two Mjolnirs amplifier must be added:

The addition should look like this:

I see it as 3A/low 2-C fir the big bang part and power a machine which can unify infinite timelines doesn't seem like an AP feat.

I see it as 3A/low 2-C fir the big bang part and power a machine which can unify infinite timelines doesn't seem like an AP feat.
And resisting an explosion that was going to kill Odin and Zeus, as well as managing to kill the All-Father Ultron?

Okay. Please elaborate so it is easy for other members to understand if I call for them.

Back