• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Mjolnir is an integral aspect of Thor lore as well as one of the most well-known fictional weapons. As a result, I decided that making one page would be beneficial, and I went ahead and did so. I'm hoping for a positive reaction and assistance in further improving this profile.

MJOLNIR SANDBOX

Summary​

Mjolnir is a hammer fashioned by Odin from the mystical metal Uru, enchanted, and powered by the might of a massive galactic storm. Mjolnir was traditionally only raised by Odin or someone considered worthy by the hammer, such as Thor Odinson, Jane Foster, or Steve Rogers. The hammer is a formidable melee weapon that offers flight, superhuman characteristics and the ability to influence weather (usually used to conjure lightning). It can also do a variety of additional functions, such as teleportation and energy absorption, depending on the writer. Mjolnir, crucially, appears to have some level of sentience.

Powers and Stats​

Tier: High 6-C to 4-B, 4-A at peak

Name: Mjolnir

Origin:
Marvel Comics

Classification: Uru Hammer

Wielders: Thor (Marvel Comics), Thor (Jane Foster), Old King Thor, Odin (Marvel Comics)

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics,Transformation,Power Bestowal,Weapon Mastery,Regeneration (At least Low),Magic, Flight (Hammer's mechanism allows one to fly[1]), Self-Sustenance (Type 1), Statistics Amplification (Mjolnir's user's strength, durability, and speed are all naturally increased), Automatic Translation (Mjolnir bestows All-Speak on its wearer which allows one to know the languages of 9 realms),Cloth Manipulation (Provides user with the costume on transformation), Elemental Manipulation (Mjolnir allows Thor to summon Rain, Wind, Thunder, Lightning[1] and Fire[2]), Interdimensional Portals (Can transport to distant dimensions and different plane of reality[1]), Energy Projection (Mystical energy blasts[1]), Homing Attack (Attacks multiple foes[3]), Absorption & Energy Manipulation (Absorbs Loki's Lifeforce[4], Returns 100 fold energy after absorbing it[5]) , BFR (Banishes Juggernaut to a distant dimension[6]), Power Nullification (Stops Guardian from borrowing powers[7]), Magnetism Manipulation (Draws magnetic forces[8]), Matter Manipulation (Emits anti-matter particles[9]), Empathic Manipulation (Changes the heart of thieves[10]), Enhanced Senses, Information Analysis (Mjolnir can track magic energies, Knows the source of Juggernaut's powers[11][12], Detects life force[13]), Electromagnetic Manipulation (Thor absorbs the electromagnetic energy from Celestial Mothership and redirects it[14]), Transmutation (Transmutes the elements of Absorbing Man[2]), Reality Warping (Creates a vortex that pierced the fabric of endless space[15]), Spatial Manipulation, Time Manipulation(Created a space-time distorting vortex[16]), Longevity, Healing (Jane was unharmed by cancer in her Thor form, however it eventually debilitated her human form), Law Manipulation (Shatters the laws of space-time[17]), Forcefield Creation (Creates a dimensional vortex[18]), Holy Manipulation (Mjolnir is a religious relic[19]), Soul Manipulation (Sends souls back to their mortal bodies[20]), Danmaku (Creates multiple bolts of lighting[21]), Clairvoyance (Thor can send his consciousness back in time and space to recall events by swinging his hammer[22]), Radiation Manipulation (Thor creates alpha particles[23]), Non-Physical Interaction (Mjolnir allowed Thor to strike intangible body of Vision[24]), Formerly (Time Stop,Time Travel[25] & Resurrection[26])

Resistances to Temperature Manipulation, Fire Manipulation (Mjolnir can withstand the heat of a million suns[27]), Matter Manipulation (Kang's disintegration ray didn't work on Mjolnir[28]), Explosion Manipulation (Mjolnir nullify the affects of an explosive[29]), BFR, Illusion Creation (Sees through the false images[30]and Mjolnir searches down Loki in his true form, easily punching through his deceptions and pinning him down[31]),

Attack Potency: Large Island level (Gave Jane Foster powers), Solar System level (Destroyed Surtur's portal with Stormbreaker), Multi-Solar System level with Mother Storm (Releases the God Tempest, which creates lightning that spans across galaxies and thunder powerful enough to shake worlds half a universe away[32])

Speed: Immobile when not yielded, Massively FTL+ (Allows Thor to travel several light years)

Durability: At least Solar System level, likely higher

Range:
Extended melee range. Multiple planetary diameters with attacks. Interdimensional (by travelling through portals)

Weaknesses: It can only be wielded and used by people who are "worthy." Until Immortus took it away, Mjolnir had the capacity to provide its owner the ability to travel through time.

Notable Attacks/Techniques:

• God Blast: Thor can channel various amounts of his godly forces, as well as the mystical characteristics of Mjolnir through a single gigantic energy beam known as the God-Blast.
  • Anti-Force: Thor has the ability to unleash the Anti-Force, an indescribably destructive blast capable of destroying entire planets. Thor was able to put down and appear to kill the mighty creature Mangog with just a single emission of this blast.
  • Thermo Blast: Thor has the potential to unleash a universe-shaking Thermo-Blast capable of annihilating entire worlds and mighty entities like Ego the Living Planet.
  • Mother Storm: Jane Foster demonstrated her capacity to wield the God Tempest's full power by unleashing lightning that spanned galaxies and thunder capable of shaking worlds half a universe distant, as well as engulfing a hurtling supernova and turning it back to a star. The God Tempest blast also manages to momentarily hold back the Phoenix Force but it quickly overwhelms Jane Foster.
Note: The God Tempest, or the Mother of Thunder, was a cosmic tempest that existed since the beginning of time, according to the chronicles of Omnipotence City's Halls of All-Knowing, and grew in size each aeon until it was defeated by Odin. Mjolnir, as revealed in Mighty Thor (2016) #12, possesses the energies of that same sentient galaxy-sized super storm, allowing Thor to achieve astounding feats of might. "Mmyol'-neer" is how the hammer is pronounced.

References​

1. Jump up to:1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Thor 400
  2. Jump up to:2.0 2.1 Journey Into Mystery 115
  3. Thor 399
  4. Thor 432
  5. Thor (1998) 22
  6. Thor 412
  7. Thor 186
  8. Journey Into Mystery 101
  9. Journey Into Mystery 85
  10. Thor 154
  11. Thor (1998) 18
  12. Thor 429
  13. Thor (2014) 1
  14. Thor 288
  15. Thor 205
  16. Thor 129
  17. Avengers Annual 16
  18. Journey Into Mystery 112
  19. Thor 332
  20. Thor 363
  21. Indestructible Hulk 8
  22. Journey Into Mystery 90
  23. Journey Into Mystery 102
  24. Avengers Annual 8
  25. Thor 372
  26. Invaders (1978) 33
  27. Thor 144
  28. Avengers (1963) 8
  29. Journey Into Mystery 114
  30. Thor 310
  31. Mighty Thor (2016) 3
  32. Mighty Thor (2016) 17

Last edited:
I don't think superhuman physical characteristics are needed

Reasoning?

(Mjolnir's user's strength, durability, and speed are all naturally increased),
I would reword this personally, but that's just me.

Something like this: Mjolnir increases its wielder's base strength, durability and speed.

Rewording again.

Perhaps: Thor used Mjolnir to destroys Surtur's portal alongside Beta Ray Bill and his Stormbreaker

Immobile when not yielded
wielded?

Otherwise, pretty good. Good work

Last edited:
Can't Mjolnir transport itself to Thor when summoned? Should the speed of that be included, it can certainly move when not wielded. (Unless that's moreso a power of Thor than Mjolnir)

I don't think superhuman physical characteristics are needed
I included superhuman physical traits because they were mentioned in the Jane Foster profile, and they should be possible due to Mjolnir. If it isn't required, I will certainly remove it.
Reasoning?
In the classic era, Mjolnir allowed Thor to transform into Donald Blake and then back into Thor. Isn't that what transformation is all about?
Yeah wielded. It was a typo error. Other than that thank you for your response

High 6-C? Yeah not really keen on that rating myself but will see what others say.
This, I believe, will now be removed. When I created that profile, the Mjolnir wielders (Thor and Jane) had a tier of High 6-C at the lowest, however that tier has now been eliminated due to thread revisions. So I'll have to tweak the tier placement a little.

In the classic era, Mjolnir allowed Thor to transform into Donald Blake and then back into Thor. Isn't that what transformation is all about?
I know, but I meant it should be added to the ability on the file. Mb, i should have been clear

Can't Mjolnir transport itself to Thor when summoned? Should the speed of that be included, it can certainly move when not wielded. (Unless that's moreso a power of Thor than Mjolnir)
I think Confluctor already cleared this after your reply If I am getting that right?

I meant High-6C. Since it's a tool it can't hold back or anything except thor when using it wants it to be that way.

So just 4B,4A is 👌.

I meant High-6C. Since it's a tool it can't hold back or anything except thor when using it wants it to be that way.

So just 4B,4A is 👌.
That wasn't always the final figure, though. Because of the Marvel upgrading discussion, I decided to include that figure for the staff to consider. 4B and 4A operate perfectly.

This seems fine to me, but Impress would prefer for us to wait with applying this revision.

Honestly been busy, with revisions and irl stuff

I can give it a swing tomorrow morning if you give me a list of profiles (would it be people beyond Thor?

Yes, I think so.

Here are the Marvel Comics profile pages that currently both contain tier 6 and 4 categories:

Please place the titles of the relevant pages that you need to have unlocked in a list here, or perhaps Impress is willing to handle it?

I checked some of your first image links, and they did not work.

None of the links work, unfortunately, but I do know the story/feat you are referring to, so agree

Also agree with the 4-A thing, since Mjlnir itself doesn't have anti feats of its own. Tho, I think it will be wise to keep the 4-B rating. Perhaps?e can do something like this, "Grants up to 4-B durability to its weilders"?

None of the links work, unfortunately, but I do know the story/feat you are referring to, so agree

Also agree with the 4-A thing, since Mjlnir itself doesn't have anti feats of its own. Tho, I think it will be wise to keep the 4-B rating. Perhaps?e can do something like this, "Grants up to 4-B durability to its weilders"?

But the first scan seems unquantifiable, and the second simply contained enough energy to reignite a dying star.

Back