• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mistborn Revision Thread: Bands of Mourning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
So, Bands of Mourning focuses on an artifact of the same name, which was The Lord Ruler's metalminds. That artifact in of itself has a bunch of feats and statements regarding it, and it's implied that LR (or [SPOILERS]) created tech and bestowed that information to the South Scadrians that are pretty much the magical equivilant of a nuke.

Before that though, let's start with feats/new powers:

Identity, Investiture, and Connectio

Low Tier:

• Marasi uses an 'Allomantic Grenade' extensively, which pretty much stores the allomantic power she is using, and releases it later around the cube. In her case, this allows her to store a bubble of slowed time, which she can deploy against enemies, freezing them in place. Her best time-slow feat was in Alloy of Law, where she streched a fight that was a little under two minutes into nearly half a day. Wax and Wayne also use this, although not nearly as much.
Mid Tier:

• Wax has a stone ceiling of a castle fall on him, and doesn't immediately die (He does, however, later, although that's also due to him being shot through the neck). IDK if this would be enough to place him at 9-A, or if this is covered in 9-B, but that would scale to Wayne, Bleeder, and Miles.
  • Melaan survives being crushed/stabbed by a generous number of traps, mostly due to regen, but her skeleton tanks stuff like being crushed by giant boulders and as well as being punched by a Brute, which are 9-B.
High/God Tier:

• The Bands of Mourning allow someone to tap into a portion of The Lord Ruler's abilities, allomancer or not. Wax and Marasi use it, and do some pretty insane stuff by tapping into its metalminds. It's made of all sixteen allomantic metals, although it isn't stated if it contains Atium, so Age Manip is a possibly. It's also a limited time buff and would need to refill via compounding.
  • The Lord Ruler/SPOILERS (Who LR scales to anyways) helped the Southern Scadrians create tech that is capable of producing a bomb that would destroy a "large city" by early 20th century standards (think New York during that time). This is stated by Suit, who had previously tortured information on the bomb from the people who made it, as well as a team of historians and scientists analyzing their tech, so it has a decent amount of merit to it. It's also stated that Wax could survive a point-blank blast from it with the Bands. This scales obviously to base LR, and Wax/Marasi with the BoM. Considering the bands is constantly stated to "make someone a deity", it also makes a lot of sense.
  • Possibly Resistance Negation with LR and Wax/Marasi with the bands. They had absolutly no trouble manipulating Hemalurgic spikes and metal embedded in flesh, which usually are highly resistant to pushes, pulls, and being sensed via Steel or Iron Allomancy.
  • Marasi witnessed the vacuum left by the movements of her hand after moving them that fast, IDK if that surpasses Supersonic+ speeds. Although, she and Wax blitzed numerous Supersonic characters, as well as assumingly Supersonic+ Speed Feurochemists using the Bands. Also, the typical "the world froze around you" associated with high speeds, although nothing notable off of that.
Keep in mind this is only for profiles that already exist. This is true for whoever scales to TLR in Book 1,

Scans are linked above, will provide more if requested.

TL; dr:

• 7-B/High 7-B Lord Ruler with keys for Wax and Marasi at that tier.
  • Possibly 9-A Wax and whoever scales to him.
  • New regen/speed feats and weapons for peeps.
  • Weird Self-Soulhax.

Can't LR theoretically produce an infinite feedback loop of strength, like he did with his age? I get that that may be considered NLF, but the possibility for that was directly addressed in the book. The capability for that would back up a fraction of his power being able to be used for city level destruction at the very least, that seems good.

Wokistan said:
Can't LR theoretically produce an infinite feedback loop of strength, like he did with his age? I get that that may be considered NLF, but the possibility for that was directly addressed in the book. The capability for that would back up a fraction of his power being able to be used for city level destruction at the very least, that seems good.
This is for his base tiering, and he doesn't have any solid feats for anything above High 8-C, which ironically comes from Wax.

(EDIT: It's also adressed on his profile under prep. This is just saying how much he has in his metalminds without prep.)

Antvasima said:
I think that this seems to make sense.
Tysm :D

I think I just need the thumbs up from Monarch or another admin familiar with Mistborn and a little bit of time to make sure everything is set straight.

No problem. You can ask Monarch Laciel to comment here via his message wall.

I forgot the city bit actually.

Part of me wants to say it's probably Regenerationn rather than durability, but it seems fairly clear.

Wax only says he is "pretty sure" though, so it would only be a "possibly 7-B" rather than outright 7-B, as he can't exactly say for sure if he'd tank it.

I don't know if it scales to LR's dura though, and I certainly don't want 7-B Kessler showing up because he stabbed LR with a spear in the first book, seeing as these guys are like, 9-B at most everywhere else. 7-B Vin maybe when she's empowered by the mists.

Dunno if Resistance Negation or just stronger abilities than resistance.

Don't know if leaving vacuums is supersonic. Also, I have some uncertainty about the Mistborn speed ratings currently, but I'll leave them alone for now.

As for SPOILER, I'm also not sure if SPOILER scales to LR.

Other than that:

• time slow hax via grenades is fine for Marasi
  • self-soul hax is good for full feurochemists*
size of the roof, or at least the size of the rocks that hit Wax aren't specified, so probably just wall level to be safe

• Melaan has a profile (?) but remind me what brutes are and why they are 9-B
  • Broken spines are covered

Brutes are Pewter Ferrings. They store strength, and a servant hulking out with strength reserves was strong enough to nearly knock out Wax with a single punch, although she was actually trying to just take his gun. MeLaan doesn't have a profile, but this was to help get feats for one I plan to make, although I don't see her getting past Bleeder in terms of Kandra.

The Bomb was created specifically to destroy the Bands, so I don't think its too much of a strech. If the Bands are possibly 7-B, I don't see why LR wouldn't scale to that. They're metalminds that have stored attributes via compounding, and it's often described that it's the same methods LR used to achieve his absurd strength. LR has the exact same capabilities and uses those same capabilities, although at the speed Wax/Marasi were draining them I suppose that wouldn't be how he normally uses them. I don't remember what the exact situation was when Kelsier stabbed LR, though. (EDIT): If anything, they could indicate the higher end of LR's powers as a replacement for "much higher" on his powers.

You're right in that for
info from the next novel is kind of a must for scaling. That put, the bomb was created using the exact same powers LR has, although the lack of specifics in its construction makes scaling very hazy.

Speed likely needs to be revised in the future, I agree. I'll look through the novels to try and get a list of feats. Although, I found some sources for leaving a vacuum; might post a calc request for that.

Please avoid quoting long posts. It spams the page and makes it hard to read.

Also, Monarch, I think I can link a picture with an image of the building whose roof collapsed on Wax; it was in the cover if I'm next mistaken. It's also described as a large castle. Suit was also able to guard himself from damage from that, although I do don't know if that could be scaled to Wax seeing as Suit was enhanced with Hemalurgy.

https://goo.gl/images/9Bo23c

Also, for Supersonic speed feats for Speed Feurochemists, Bleeder was perceived as moving normally from a speed bubble, which had caused a large explosion to appear as if it was approaching at a somewhat slow speed, as for bullets to move slowly in the air. I'll post a scan later on that.

That's fair. Is 7-B high end for base Ruler too much of a stretch, possibly? Same goes for Wax and Marasi w/Bands.

So, to conclude:

• Allomantic Gernades for base Marasi
  • Possibly 7-B Keys for Wax and Marasi with the base on dura, I'm going to put it at High 8-C for AP and dura off of Wax's feats as well as both of them causally tearing apart the castle.
  • Possibly 7-B dura for LR. 7-B mist empowered Vin.
  • Feats for Wayne's healing and MeLaan's dura are accepted.
  • Self Soulhax for full Feurochemists (Sazed, LR, Wax and Marasi w/bands)
  • Speed calc threads for Steel Feurochemists and Speed Compounders will be posted, as well as scans for existing speed rates later.

Actually, I'd say "up to 7-B" in their durability.

Because Feurechemists get higher returns in exchange for consuming their stored attributes at a higher rate. Marasi and Wax were consuming the bands' power at an extremely fast rate.

Also, Lord Ruler didn't even think Vin was a threat until she blasted off his atium bands, and at that point he was ****** anyway, so I doubt he was drawing on his whole strength to kill her. So I have my doubts that Vin scales to 7-B.

Mists enhanced Vin is probably stronger than TLR, which is where I think he's getting the scaling from.

I'd need to re-read the fight, but I still very much doubt Vin could destroy the entire city by pushing too hard.

7-B is just what happened when Wax and Marasi drew from the metalminds so fast that they nearly ran out over the course of minutes. IDK if LR was going all out in that fight.

I still think AP should also be 7-B, namely because the bomb was created using inferior copies of powers that the brackets can bestow.

Okay, I'm going to add the agreed upon changes, if anything seems wrong it can be posted here.

I'm going to also list "Possibly 7-B" on AP for the BoM, mainly because Strength storage increases all physical capabilities at the same rate.

(EDIT): Changes to Wax's and Marasi's profile are up. I'll be adding other revisions soon).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back