• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Sabo addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at his profile currently and i can't see any form of regen, i believe he should have at least High-Mid regen added to his profile.

Well, doesn't logia Regenerationn only work against non-haki attacks?

Every single one piece logia has Regenerationn including ace who has the exact same powers as sabo so it doesn't make much sense for sabo to be the only logia without it, also in marineford vista and Marco attacked akainu WITH haki and akainu still regenerated

Okay. I will ask CinCameron20 for input.

I can't really remember the Marco instance, but Logias can't regenerate in Logia form, let alone have High-Mid Regenerationn, otherwise Ace would have regenerated the hole in his chest by turning into fire and Aokiji wouldn't retain the scars and lost leg from his battle with Akainu.

They have dispersion-type intangibility, a weaker form of intangibility that allows them to turn into a material that disperses upon being attacked and reforms afterward. This is not a Regenerationn feat, the body is not destroyed but "spread around". It would be like giving a character who can transform into water Low-High level regen.

I think that LazyHunter makes sense. Which One Piece characters have this ability inaccurately listed?

Okay. I would appreciate if you, or somebody else, could provide a list with links to all of the logia profiles that likely need to be changed. Thank you.

@LazyHunter Okay. Thank you for the help. If necessary, is anybody willing to appropriately adjust the profiles in question?

@Frozone54666

It's that the only time something like that has happened? Because I have to admit it's really weird, he says they're Haki users, but doesn't seem very hurt by the attack when Haki users supposedly should hurt a Logia user like normal, and Akainu does recover from that blow like a Logia would from a regular attack.

Now that I think about it, LazyHunter would be correct; they don't really have Regenerationn except for that case with Akainu shown above. Are there any other instances?

There doesn't seem to be an explanation in the series for this. My speculation would be that in Aokiji's case he might have transformed and opened a hole in his body on his own so that Whitebeard's haki-infused weapon would pass through harmlessly. For Akainu, best idea I have would be that he used Haki to shield himself from/nullify their Haki or something like that. Jinbei has Haki (didn't he defeat Caribou or something like that?). Given that, with Katakuri's panel either Katakuri pulled something similar to my suggestion for Aokiji and "dodged" the punch or he did get hit.

Reforming from a Haki-infused blunt attack like a punch is not an issue unless the character is superior enough to punch through the Logia user's body like Akainu did. It's the sword and bisento cases that are throwing me off. I'm not really sure what to do then, should we count those as regen?

That's hardening, regular armament haki which is invisible can be used to hurt logias but jinbe used fishman karate there which manipulates water and he managed to bypass luffys rubber by doing this so it should work on logias aswell, also jinbe knew Katakuri was a Logia

There's one more example here, Burgess has used haki before so either he's an idiot since he knows sabo is a logia or sabo regenerated
Image6865

Well, I also think that it is most likely a case of that if a logia user converts his or her body into an element, he or she can mold it to avoid attacks.

Jinbe did use fishman karate to bypass Luffy's rubber body like Haki can, but we don't know if this can be replicated on Logias. In fact, I doubt it since he did it by manipulating the water in Luffy's body and that seems like it would not work in some Logias.

While pre-timeskip armament Haki was invisible now we usually can see whether a character is using it or not, and Burgess doesn't appear to be using it in that occasion.

Well actually invisible haki is still used post time skip when pekoms punches caribou and luffy grabs Caesar, but since there's no clear evidence Burgess used haki I'll concede that point, the rest of the examples also don't seem to be Regenerationn, the only unexplained one is akainu

It's a bit inconsistent yeah, but it's better than pre-timeskip where we would practically need verbal confirmation every time.

So to recap all cases, Aokiji likely molded his body to dodge the weapon, Katakuri either did the same or tanked the punch, Burgess is likely an idiot that attacks a Logia user without Haki despite knowing their powers (and later on he tries to use a knife to kill him whcih Sabo dodges, so what the hell) since losing the entire upper half of the body to a Haki attack should kill any Logia, and Akainu is a mistery.

What should we do with Akainu? Do we dismiss it until we are possibly given an explanation or do we list that as Regenerationn only for him, given that other strong Logia users like Aokiji obviously cannot regen scars/burns?

We will probably have to treat Akainu as an inconsistency, or as negating the haki with his own.

Would you be willing to appropriately adjust the logia user profiles?

Okay. No problem. Let's wait a bit longer.

I do believe that Logia Regenerationn is still accurate, seeing as how whenever Van Augar shot Ace in the head the hole healed. But not against Haki users, I thought the reason why Akainu was able to still regenerate after being hit by Haki was because his was clearly stronger.

So if a fodder pirate learns Haki can they damage Akainu and the other Logia users? See what I always thought was that if said Logia has a stronger Haki than their attacker they'd be able to negate it.

EDIT: Also should Ace and Sabo have flame / fire absorption? I forgot Ace did that during his fight with BB.

When a Logia user is shot with a bullet, the bullet passes harmlessly through their body since it disperses, the hole closes afterward because the Logia body reforms. The Logia user has suffered no actual damage, so it's not a Regenerationn feat.

Haki allows one to damage Logia users by bypassing this dispersion, but you still have to get pass their regular Durability. Akainu's scene has his body acting like Logias usually do with Haki-less attacks despite the enemy using Haki, so it might be that if the Logia user has a stronger Haki than the attacker they can keep their intangibility and not be hit at all (which might explain Sabo vs Burgess considering Sabo is superior to him and had already outmatched Burgess' Haki prior to becoming a Logia)

Hmm yeah i can agree with that. @Ant I'm still curious, should Ace and Sabo have flame absorption added to their profiles? Seeing as how Ace was able to absorb fire in his Logia Form in his fight with Blackbeard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back