• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Ruby Rose Change

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
A small issue that was brought up, with the change that we did for characters like Yang Xiao Long making her semblance a flat value, Ruby's semblance speed should be changed from 'higher' in her first key to flat 'Hypersonic+', which would carry over to her other keys.

This makes Ruby's Semblance in v4-5 slower than her base speed.

Also nothing implies her semblance boosts her to a specific tier or anount, it seems more like an amp to her base speed.

No it doesnt. The people she blitzes in her current key scale vastly above the feat that pyrrha scales to.

It allows her to blitz someone with a speed feat completely seperate feom her own and that she does not scale to. It doesn't have to do with her base speed at all

Pyrrha is Mach 8. Ruby is Mach 6. That isn't a big enough gap for her semblance to decidedly put her on a certain tier regardless of her base speed. She could just get a simple speed amp and blitz Pyrrha. Or her speed could her a 4x increase and she could blitz Pyrrha. Why is your explanation the right one?

Also this isn't a minor change, you're trying to fundamentally alter how Ruby's Semblance works, so that in speed equal fights vs characters slower than her normally, she can blitz. Just like in the Overhaul thread you made this thread in response to. Don't try and under sell this change as minor when it's one of your decisive arguments in a debate. This is the same as the Yang crt you made about her kicks and infinite ammo.

Ruby's Semblance increases in speed as her base speed increases in speed? That sounds like a standard speed amp to me. Why are you trying to make it so she can blitz non-hypersonic+ characters in speed equal battles?

Also ngl this would put her as a huge disadvantage against people faster than herself in a speed equalized match but meh, sacrafice wins for accuracy i suppose

No. The opponent's get faster and her semblance blitzing them gives new feats to scale to that have nothing to do with her own speed. Her base speed does not in any way shape or form factor into how fast her semblance is

Weekly, I've tried to remain courteous and respectful to you in every vs battle that we've had where we were in opposition to one another, but doing this again has led me to not be capable of trusting your judgment that this crt is anything but a way to get other people to agree to your arguments on another thread. I'm not just going to stand by and let you try to crt a character into a win.

Weekly, you made this thread in response to one of your arguments on [[1]] this thread being contested, and have done this before on a previous vs battle. This isn't a minor change to Ruby's profile, it's a direct change to better your argument in a debate because you felt you were losing or didn't have strong enough ground. You have no reason to believe that Ruby's speed increases by a flat amount to a certain tier other than an easily explainable speed amp blitz that we could have debated in that thread. If you truly believed this, you wouldn't have waited until 200 messages into a vs thread NOT debating this point to bring it up, and when it becomes contested, try to force the change. This is highly suspicious behavior and similar to how you acted with Yang having infinite bullets.

This is not a minor issue you feel should be solved, this is retaliation against people who were debating against you.

Its the same reason why weiss's speed amp is high hypersonic, its a speed feat exclusive to her with the amp that has nothing to do with her own base speed

Also the notion that no one is able to make a crt based on an issue that was diacovered in a vs thread without somenkind of bias or alterior motive is laughable. Issues with profiles are discovered in vs threads all the time, hell jojo as a whole was downgrade a while back due to issues found in a vs thread. Just because a revision would make a character you like win oe lose as a result doesnt mean the person who found the issue and is trying to fix it is doing so out of bias.

Because it scales to a feat that has nothing to do woth her base speed

The feat doesn't need to do with her base speed you need to prove why her semblance bumps her to a specific level no matter what when no outside factors are a prerequisite for her semblance like Yang's. By your logic kid Sasuke with his Sharingan has MHS reaction speed or Super Saiyan Goku is MFTL no matter what

WeeklyBattles said:
Also the notion that no one is able to make a crt based on an issue that was diacovered in a vs thread without somenkind of bias or alterior motive is laughable. Issues with profiles are discovered in vs threads all the time, hell jojo as a whole was downgrade a while back due to issues found in a vs thread. Just because a revision would make a character you like win oe lose as a result doesnt mean the person who found the issue and is trying to fix it is doing so out of bias.
It looks shady when this is the second time you've done it and if it was an actual issue why didn't you bring this up when it was argued Ruby doesn't blitz it's only 200 replies later when King has debunked your arguments that you resort to this I'm sorry but it looks shady dude.

Stop harping on Weekly for making a CRT based on something that happened in a VS Thread. That's the correct way to go about things; and it's actually pleasent to see Weekly doing this as there are far worse ways he has and could have gone about this.

That said, I'm not entirely sure what this thread is aiming to change in terms of Ruby's speed? Are we removing it from being a speed amp or something?

Dargoo Faust said:
Stop harping on Weekly for making a CRT based on something that happened in a VS Thread. That's the correct way to go about things; and it's actually pleasent to see Weekly doing this as there are far worse ways he has and could have gone about this.

That said, I'm not entirely sure what this thread is aiming to change in terms of Ruby's speed? Are we removing it from being a speed amp or something?
Basically just giving ruby a more concretr value to her speed rather than jist basing it off of being faster than her base speed

Versus Thread Rules

Match-ups with equalized statistics (with the exception of speed) are not allowed, as they turn the entire tiering system unnecessary. During a match where speed is equalized, speed amplification techniques are allowed, unless they lead to a victory via Speed Blitz in favor of the slower character.

Weiss's speed amp is different from Ruby's and has a feat and value to back up how much faster it can make someone. And even then, if Weiss uses it in a speed equal battle, she would be amped in terms of her current base speed, not what her speed normally is.

If a character is Mach 1, and becomes Mach 4 with a 4x amp, they don't become Mach 4 with their amp in a vs battle where their speed has been equalized to the opponents. After all, what about the opposite side of the spectrum? What if Ruby fights someone who is normally relativistic+, and speed is equalized? If she uses her Semblance, does she become slower than the character? No, her amp would increase her speed by the unknown amount that it does right now. Trying to change her to hypersonic+ regardless of her base speed is an argument with no ground to stand on.

Very well, I apologize for attacking Weekly's motives for this thread. It just seems shady to me that you can crt a character due to an argument you made mid debate that just so happens to only help your character, especially since the argument only sprung up when you were on the back foot. But maybe that's just my understanding of the site being wrong. Either way, I apologize.

The argument is that Ruby becomes hypersonic+ regardless of her base speed. It's been claimed that this is due to having a set "value" to her Semblance, but there isn't a set value, she just gets faster than normal. Weekly says her base speed doesn't effect her Semblance speed, but only has a feat of her speed amping and blitzing a character not even 2x her base speed.

Allowing her speed amp was never the argument. The argument is that you're saying she becomes hypersonic+ with her speed amp despite her base speed being lowered dramatically.

Weiss' and ruby's speed amps do not have anything to do with their base speeds my guy. They're ampersand to hypersonic+ and high hypersonic regardless of their base speeds due to their amps having the feats independent of their base speed.

She does though, as does weiss. Their speed amps arent multipliers of their base speed, they have calculated feats exclusive to their amps which is what we would scale them to

WeeklyBattles said:
Basically just giving ruby a more concretr value to her speed rather than jist basing it off of being faster than her base speed
I mean, do we have any concrete feats for her semblance beyond "being faster than her regular speed"?

@Dragoo Pyrrha having a Hypersonic+ feat that ruby doesnt scale to normally but was able to blitz with her semblance

Sorry i forgot about this thread lol

Mach 6 vs Mach 8 is not enough of a gap to warrant Ruby's Semblance consistently making her a certain tier. Her semblance could just be a 2x amp and in her verse it could be enough to blitz. Her being faster than Pyrrha due to her speed amp just means it's an unquantifiable boost.

Back