• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Reinhard Weakness Addition

Could be both, cause I'm fairly certain if Mercurius dies then so does he. On the other hand it does give his weaker states immortality.

Doesn't the same thing apply to Ren? Not the immortality part, just the dying if Mercurius dies. I'm not too sure, but I remember hearing it somewhere.

That's not true. It's more like Reinhard and Shirou being Apoptosis. Merc dying doesn't kill Ren otherwise Tenma Yato wouldn't exist. Although I'm not an expert.

I don't get where you have Ren in all that? Ren is Merc's "Holy Relic", or some shit like that but I can't remember his part in relation to Merc. But I for sure know he's not his Apoptosis since, like Emperor said, Merc dying means Ren wouldn't be Yato. Let alone ignoring how K3 wouldn't even exist since Ren/Yato was the only thing that prevented Hajun's Law from being completed.

20200503 012245
From the wiki, I haven't read Rea's route yet, but I imagine it's a reliable source

Although it could just be a weird "Mercurius never existed on a high 1-A scale so he never made Ren" type thing, actually that's probably what it means, my bad.

What ceased to exist in that ending was their divinity, I thought it was made very clear that without Merc they stopped being God's which is retconed by KKK

That's without obviously saying that the "Ren" we see during the whole novel can't literally exist as he is a culmination of Merc's work, you know, him being Lotus with part of Machina's soul and Merc's blood.

@Emperor Merc also lived in Marie route. He was seen wandering the world and even meet with Ren in the end.

That wiki is actually true. It was hinted several time that if he fought with Merc, he'll perish as well regardless who stand in the end. That is why Rea didn't want Ren to join the battle to kill Merc.

In Marie route, Ren was killed by Reinhard and reincarnate or some shit. Rea route Ren also died. Ren always die in every route until Marie brought him back in the end.

I might misremember something though.

In the Three Colours route, Ren cuts his connection to Mercurius if I remember correctly, because I'm pretty sure that was a major part of the difference between the Reinhard vs Mercurius route and the Three Colours route.

THOK AST THOK said:
Which one was it? There are two Shinza wikis around, one without the hyphen between Shinza and Bansho and the other with a hyphen.
It's the one without, so it's right on track. Though some pages there are less worked on than the other so do take them with some grain of salt except for pages like Sensory, Ewigkeit, Ahnenerbe, and the Throne.

Ren never died in Marie route. Post Rea simply had Lotus having descendant that just so happen to look exactly like Ren and share his name

Guess i misunderstood the ending then. Most ending have post story that always show Ren as human and Merc.

Back