• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor My Little Pony Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing serious, just a few abilities that were overlooked. First off: The stamina should be higher than what it currently is. All of the Mane 6 were fighting a Bugbear starting somewhere in the middle of the day to minutes before the Sun began lowering (Be sure to skip to the 4:37 mark after watching Derpy close the door at 2:24-2:25, because Sunset isn't shown until that timeframe). Basically, they fought the thing for several hours, and being in combat with a creature like that for that long would most certainly not be just "above average". I'd argue High: Can fight for several hours without tiring. This may possibly scale to the average pony since Fluttershy was participating as well, and she is typically depicted as physically weaker than average.

Next is abilities for Trixie. Here she displays forcefield projection. She shows off heat generation here by partially melting a metal collar.

Spike should potentially get some minor form of poison resistance given he was perfectly fine after eating food that hospitalized several people. He was also shown eating them again later in the episode. A calc member should probably check out my range calculation done for his fire breath if they see this (Assuming they have the time to look obviously). His current range is just pitiful. And while we're at it, can we give lifting strength to his breath? On top of vaporizing the ice cloud, he pretty much stopped it dead in its tracks. Wouldn't that imply his breath can apply force in order to suspend a falling object?

Not entirely sure what this is. Looks like a combination of portal creation + fourth wall breaking for Twilight. She also gave Pinkie her mouth back after Trixie "deleted" it. Deleted as in put in a trash bin the way you would delete an internet file.

I'm fairly certain permanently putting an end to a whirlpool that's been showing up in the same spot year after year would count as water manipulation.

And with that, that's what I've found so far.

Last edited:
All seems fine, but the whirlpool thing might be an application of telekinesis, so I think it should be worded like "minor Water Manip via Telekinesis".

Well, the thing about that is that just telekinesis wouldn't cut it. The whirlpools would just come back as they've always done if Celestia just telekinetically manipulated the current. Seems more like she cast an unnamed spell on the water since she's firing a beam into it.

All seems fair.

Since we can't be sure which spell she used and how specific it is, perhaps limited Water Manip makes sense.

I would like to discuss some MLP revisions myself. First off, I want you all to know that I recently edited the Bewitching Bell's page. Nothing much, I just realized recently that I (and likely many others) have been assuming the BB is one of those Durability Negation weapons in a way, as for the longest time I had been assuming it could literally absorb ANY amount of magic with no limit, which could make it a DN weapon against magic users. Just recently, I randomly realized how that was a no limits fallacy, so I edited the weapon's page to note that it is uncertain if the bell has a limit to how much magic it can hold at a time, as it could hold Celestia's, Luna's, and Discord's all at once. I realized I had been assuming there was no limit when I read the profile page for Monsterverse Kong's battle-axe, and it noted what it did at the climax "when fully charged". Reading that, I realized "There's a limit? I thought it could hold any radiation like the BB could hold any magic. Wait, why have I always assumed that?" I don't know if anyone else has assumed that the Bell had unlimited holding capacity, but since I realized that I did and that could be a NLF, I edited the Belle's page to note how we don't know what limit, if any, it has, and that it was able to hold Discord's, Luna's, and Celestia's all at once. Just wanted to avoid a potential NLF showing up in future debates. Did I do good? Was that the right thing to do?

I think it's good to approach things with a bit of scrutiny, though I'm unsure if such an edit should have been made so abruptly, for I worry it may have been controversial if made without advance notice. But I'm not sure it will be controversial.

Also, it's not that big a deal, but some users may appreciate if you spaced & formatted your posts, as they may feel it would help improve readability. Sorry for any bother.

Frankly, I do not see the need for it. We don't preface every absorption user with stuff like that or every hax user with that in general. That should be assumed by default. There's nothing inherently wrong with it, as much as it just feels unnecessary.

Also, side note, but many of the bell's limitations are completely stupid. For instance: Not being able to choose the magic you take. Or how about even dumber: Not removing abilities such as flight when said abilities are A: Explicitly magical. B: Instances of flying without magic are specifically plot included stupidity. So, yeah, I propose we remove those two.

Last edited:
How much AP in magic does this mean the Bell can hold at minimum? If it could hold all of Discord's along with the sisters, that would at least put it's holding capacity at around the level of all alicorn Twilight.

The choosing magic thing is odd. The villains implied they couldn't take the sisters magic without taking Discord's as well, yet Pinkie appeared to take just Discord's at the end, and he was able to take back his own magic and return the sisters with no problem. Also, probably just a massive plot hole, but Pinkie was able to take magic from the bell even though it requires a spell.

Don't see a problem with any of this. More warranted discussions on the whirlpool and fire breath would be beneficial however.

Unrelated but why is discord high 3-A?
Shouldn’t he be low 2-C for having “power over all of reality?” Which is pretty much space-time?

I would like to ask about Trixie's ratings. First, why is she said to be shown to be generally more powerful than Rarity? They never actually fought or demonstrated how their magic compared. Rarity made a dress and styled up her hair. Trixie turned Rarity's hair green and caused two giant rat tails to appear in it, and she ran off crying. That doesn't actually show Trixie as being more powerful than Rarity. Rarity must have been able to get her hair back to normal, because it's normal next time she is seen. They never actually fought or anything. Also, why is AA Trixie on a 4-B level? She competed against unicorn Twilight, not alicorn Twilight.

I would like to ask about Trixie's ratings. First, why is she said to be shown to be generally more powerful than Rarity? They never actually fought or demonstrated how their magic compared. Rarity made a dress and styled up her hair. Trixie turned Rarity's hair green and caused two giant rat tails to appear in it, and she ran off crying. That doesn't actually show Trixie as being more powerful than Rarity. Rarity must have been able to get her hair back to normal, because it's normal next time she is seen. They never actually fought or anything. Also, why is AA Trixie on a 4-B level? She competed against unicorn Twilight, not alicorn Twilight.
Really, it should be via overpowering Applejack and Rainbow Dash.

The amulet made her a top-tier Unicorn and made her powerful enough to perform spells that are specifically noted only a top-tier Unicorn can perform.

I believe she turned AJ's lasso and RD's rainbow against them. I doubt that she is physically stronger than them, seeing how her magic only made RD tickle in a later episode. She should at least be on par with regular ponies and physically superior to Spike. Her magic never actually seemed all that powerful without the amulet. She couldn't teleport or transmute things without Starlight training her, and teleportation is so easy that an adult Sweetie Belle with no experience could do a very limited version of it.

I believe she turned AJ's lasso and RD's rainbow against them.
They couldn't escape from her magic and Dash could only get tossed around. Her magic was even powerful enough to harm Dash and make her yelp in pain with a magically created thundercloud. By contrast, the Sonic Rainboom can't do shit to her, despite being at the epicenter.
I doubt that she is physically stronger than them
That doesn't really mean anything.
seeing how her magic only made RD tickle in a later episode.
It was very explicitly an agony spell, which has to do with pain manipulation, not power. It proves she can't perform pain manipulation.
Her magic never actually seemed all that powerful without the amulet.
Yet again, this doesn't really mean anything. It's just another "I think" statement.
She couldn't teleport or transmute things without Starlight training her,
Debatable on the latter thing. Also, neither of those spells have to do with raw power, so it doesn't take away from anything she did involving Rainbow Dash. At best it proves she had poor magical knowledge prior to training with Starlight.
and teleportation is so easy that an adult Sweetie Belle with no experience could do a very limited version of it.
Speaks more for Sweetie Belle than it does against Trixie. Also pointing out that it left her exhausted. Hardly easy.

Last edited:
Regardless, the reasoning behind her rankings need to be changed. I would also like to point out that Starlight Glimmer should probably be more powerful than AA Trixie, as she could do a duplication spell while Trixie could not, and she did a much more advanced age spell. For scaling purposes, A Twilight should also be considered superior to AA Trixie.

I mean, Starlight was only able to do the duplication spell via combinations of other spells, not via a single spell like Twilight did, which was the thing noted to be impossible. And there's nothing about her age spell that's more advanced. Transforming the environment to match your childhood is easily accomplishable via transfiguration.

I mean if its not Shonen/Anime/Light Novel bs it might as well not exist to some users here.
I think just saying something along the lines of, Overpowered Rainbow Dash or AJ would suffice, though mentioning her being trained by Starlight I think would carry the profile a bit (Maybe in the intelligence section.)

I mean if its not Shonen/Anime/Light Novel bs it might as well not exist to some users here.
I think just saying something along the lines of, Overpowered Rainbow Dash or AJ would suffice, though mentioning her being trained by Starlight I think would carry the profile a bit (Maybe in the intelligence section.)
Look, I know that, but that doesn't mean I approve of having my time wasted on a crt no one is interested in. This isn't even the only smaller scale crt being treated like this. It's even more annoying when I see a lot of the people who would normally comment are still here.

Post-training should have her own key since she knows new spells that she didn't before. In terms of AP, it wouldn't be higher, but she's evidently more skilled and knowledgeable. Heck, I've even seen some abilities such as transfiguration being listed in her pre-training key, despite not knowing how to do so until that point.

Look, I know that, but that doesn't mean I approve of having my time wasted on a crt no one is interested in. This isn't even the only smaller scale crt being treated like this. It's even more annoying when I see a lot of the people who would normally comment are still here.
I'm not saying that top bit to be mean, just more or less as a means of acceptance, I've seen it happen on other CRTs or threads (even non FCOC stuff) and just try not to expect quick replies on anything not in that category here. Not saying it doesn't suck its like that but eh. Heres to hoping those assholes at Hasbro make a FiM anime based on that official manga they're doing I guess. Maybe that could help.
Post-training should have her own key since she knows new spells that she didn't before. In terms of AP, it wouldn't be higher, but she's evidently more skilled and knowledgeable. Heck, I've even seen some abilities such as transfiguration being listed in her pre-training key, despite not knowing how to do so until that point.
Yeah I feel this is entirely justifiable. Should preface that while I haven't watched much of the later seasons, being apprenticed by Starlight, her better overall temperament, and more varied magic usage should justify a new key.

I'm not saying that top bit to be mean, just more or less as a means of acceptance, I've seen it happen on other CRTs or threads (even non FCOC stuff) and just try not to expect quick replies on anything not in that category here.
To be honest, I don't. But after almost a week of bumping and waiting, I think that's more than a fair amount of time for someone with the authority to evaluate and approve of this stuff to take notice. By this point, it's gone beyond waiting a day or two for a reply. The closest I've had to a staff commenting is Amelia, and she's retired, so idk if that counts. I know people have their own lives, but the same goes for me, and having to add this to the pile of stuff isn't doing any favors.

Last edited:
Everything looks fine.

As for Spike getting Lifting Strength via his fire breath stopping an object from falling, I guess that's fine given we give Lifting Strength via other methods like if a character lifts an object via air manipulation or earth manipulation. I'm not good with calculations but the range update for Spike looks good.

Limited Water Manipulation or just Water Manipulation is fine with me.

Just don't stress yourself out about getting changes passed, MLP isn't really doing much besides Gen 5 or that aforementioned manga so I don't really blame the current disinterest in MLP by comparison to other things. Give it some time though because I really don't think anyone else similarly knowledgeable will have a reason to argue against these to great effect. Though I would encourage anyone else reading these to maybe give a sign of support in that regard. Goes a long way from keeping the board from being too swamped by any of the things I just mentioned.

I'm sorry that your time is being wasted. There are many people who's threads are more so forgotten but that's mainly due to there obscurity so people don't really bother.

"High" isn't part of our intelligence system, the next thing after Above Average is Gifted. But I'm fine with Gifted based on the OP's proposal.

The rest also looks fine.

Nothing serious, just a few abilities that were overlooked. First off: The stamina should be higher than what it currently is. All of the Mane 6 were fighting a Bugbear starting somewhere in the middle of the day to minutes before the Sun began lowering. Basically, they fought the thing for several hours, and being in combat with a creature like that for that long would most certainly not be just "above average". I'd argue High: Can fight for several hours without tiring. This may possibly scale to the average pony since Fluttershy was participating as well, and she is typically depicted as physically weaker than average.
I don't see how you got the time frame from those two clips.
Forcefield is fine, but I don't see the intangibility.
She shows off heat generation by partially melting a metal collar
This is fine.
I'm assuming this is some limited form of hypnotism judging by how intensely focused Applejack becomes on the rope. Seems like she was doing snake charming but on people.
Seems a stretch to call this hypnotism. She was just slightly amazed by the rope moving by itself for second.
Spike should potentially get some minor form of poison resistance given he was perfectly fine after eating food that hospitalized several people. He was also shown eating them again later in the episode
Seems fine.
Not entirely sure what this is. Looks like a combination of portal creation + fourth wall breaking for Twilight. She also gave Pinkie her mouth back after Trixie "deleted" it. Deleted as in put in a trash bin the way you would delete an internet file.
The first part being 4th wall break is fine, but I got nothing on the second one.
I'm fairly certain permanently putting an end to a whirlpool that's been showing up in the same spot year after year would count as water manipulation.
Fine as well.

I don't see how you got the time frame from those two clips.
How did I not? They fought sometime in the middle of the day and weren't done until minutes until Sunset.
Forcefield is fine, but I don't see the intangibility.
The slab of bog passes through her and her forcefield without being damaged. You can plainly see it landing on top of her. If she hadn't been phasing, the bog would've taken damage. You can just physically shove yourself through something and not damage it as you pass by.
Seems a stretch to call this hypnotism. She was just slightly amazed by the rope moving by itself for second.
Applejack knows what Telekinesis is and what it looks like. She's not going to be amazed by something she sees almost all the time. There is no other point in the series before or after this episode where she has ever reacted the way she did to telekinesis being used. No one has.

How did I not? They fought sometime in the middle of the day and weren't done until minutes until Sunset.
Again, I don't see how you got the time frame from those two clips. I don't see any sunsets in the second clip, and the background is the same in both clips.
The slab of bog passes through her and her forcefield without being damaged. You can plainly see it landing on top of her. If she hadn't been phasing, the bog would've taken damage. You can just physically shove yourself through something and not damage it as you pass by.
It didn't pass through the forcefield though, it just slid off.
Applejack knows what Telekinesis is and what it looks like. She's not going to be amazed by something she sees almost all the time.
Don't know about Applejack, but being slightly intrigued by a rope isn't hypnotism without any actual proof.

Again, I don't see how you got the time frame from those two clips. I don't see any sunsets in the second clip, and the background is the same in both clips.
Did you watch the entirety of the second clip? Because, it doesn't show the background change until near the end, with an outside view of the building.
It didn't pass through the forcefield though, it just slid off.
On closer inspection, it would seem as though you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back