• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Hokuto No Ken Abilities Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a little pet peeve of mine is the description we have for Kenshiro's precognition, as it's worded weirdly and slightly inaccurate. It reads as follows:

"Gets premonitions of other fighters' future attacks, and can predict when and where an opponent's attacks will come from when they're in his aura"

The wording makes it seems as though Kenshiro only receives visions of the future when people come into his aura, and can only read the attacks of people who come into his aura, which isn't correct.

Kenshiro has 2 forms of precognition, the first comes from scaling to Raoh, a fellow Hokuto Shinken user, who saw the outcome of Rei's attacks through a vision of the future. The second from of precog comes from scaling to Hokuto Ryuken/Ryukaken users, who can anticipate preemptive attacks through their aura's. However, on top of that, Ken can also observe the fighting ki of others in order to find the perfect moment to strike. So on top of being able to read attacks of those who come into his ki, he can also read others ki to help aid him in battle.

I purpose that we rewrite his precognition description so that it reads like this:

"Receives premonitions of other fighters attacks, warning him of what will happen. Can also anticipate the attacks of those who enter his aura, along with being able to read the aura of others to read their movements"

Also, he only really encounters Hokuto Ryuken users post-timeskip, so we should probably separate that into a second key, along with summoning, since he only gets that after interacting with the Hokuto Soke stone.

Been a long time since I last read HnK.

The rewrite seems appropriate here, and would make more sense and clearer than what is written now on his page.

I suppose that this seems to make sense, but what does "recurved" mean? Do you mean "receives"?

Well, I think that seems uncontroversial to add.

I do not think that this seems controversial to add, but you can ask some staff members listed in the Fist of the North Star page to comment here if you wish.

Sorta off-topic, but is there a reason as to perhaps why the HnK pages are locked? I'm guessing something happened in the past that kept them getting edited so many times but IDK if that's the case and it makes editing hard to work with. If it's because of how controversial they are, I don't quite thing they would on the level of say, Goku from DB or someone similar to that level.

To PTSOXMONKEY99: "Also, he only really encounters Hokuto Ryuken users post-timeskip, so we should probably separate that into a second key, along with summoning, since he only gets that after interacting with the Hokuto Soke stone."

^You mind explaining what this part was again? Especially on the summoning part cuz I just reread the proposed changes and I'm not sure what this relates to unless it's still on Ken's Precog...in which case, the summoning part just confuses me.

Well his page is locked since he is a rather prominent character, and characters with tons of hax or abilities tend to get vandalized by trolls, so we keep them locked for safety's sake

About the summoning and precog bit, now that I think about it doesn't make much sense. I think we can keep it in the Pre-Seals Lifted Key, but the Summoning, and resistance to Pressure Points, should go to his Seals Lifted Key, since he gets them from either his own feats or scaling to his uncle Kasumi Kenshiro.

Right...makes things harder to do but okay.

Yeah when you leave it like that, I can't understand how it relates to Precog at all so you should have explained more earlier as I really only commented on the precog and not the stuff below it.

Anyways, resistance to pressure points on seals lifted key, definitely. IDK about before as I don't recall Kenshiro doing that before (which tbf, his opponents were really either Nanto users, or his other brothers who didn't quite used pressure points on him pre-time skip (Jagi with guns mostly, to Raoh brute forcing or MT'ing him in their last fight). Summoning, are you talking about that thing Kasumi did after absorbing the knowledge from the statue? If so, can go to his post seals key yes.

Which HnK pages are locked? Maybe I could unlock them for you. You need to list all of them with their exact page titles in a list here though, so my automated script can handle it.

@Qliphoth Bacikal

For summoning, I'm talking about the thing Kasumi did after absorbing thknowledge from the Hokuto Stone, as he summing part of the Hokuto Goddess to strike what's his name, and he could also summon all of it to remove peoples fighting aura.

Kenshiro should get it in his post Seals key sine he did the exact same process his uncle and interacted with the exact same stone. The entire Kaioh arc is basically the same as the Successor's Trail arc that Kasumi did, but with a lot more extra steps. I was just listing the precog along side it because I thought it needed to go into the Sels lifted key, but then I remembered that Ken interacted with Hokuto Ryuken users before interact with the Hokuto Stone

@Ant

We just need to edit the Kenshiro (Hokuto no Ken) page.

@PTSO: That's pretty much what I just asked on Summoning, and you could have just said yes also to make it short and to the point. Don't have to go out of your way to answer something that can be less than 10 words or around it.

But okay then.

I've read both the main Fist of North Star and Fist of Blue Sky manga's. I am just asking on what it has to do with this thread and also just for some reminder on why. Something like yes or a shorter response would have been fine.

Well this is sort of a minor revision to his abilities in general, his precog just took importance since it's been a glaring issue in a lot of matchups. I'm planning on adding more to the OP later when I get a chance.

Right. To note, I wouldn't have actually questioned you if you had put the explanation for mentioning summoning and resistance to pressure point when you first made this thread on the OP (basically what you said just now should have actually been put on the OP in the first place).

But at this point I'm possibly pushing someones buttons here so its better to get the main issue out of the way first and then the other stuff can be talked about.

Actually nevermind that last thing. I misunderstood the feat, and it turned out to be nothing.

This can probably be closed unless someone else has something to add

There's scans I want to add on to Ken's page (if he hasn't been locked yet, otherwise I'll ask someone later for that) but other than that, the main topic here is done.

Okay. I will close this then. I suppose that the profile can remain open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back