• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Freeza/Frost/Cell Ability Revision (Dragon Ball)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that Freeza can survive not just in space, but in a trinity star system (Namek canonically has three suns) without an atmosphere or magnetic field to protect him from the INSANE radiation bombardment, shouldn't he, Cell, and Frost be heavily resistant* to cosmic radiation, and that be listed on their profiles?

EDITED: changed "immunity" to "resistance", as "immunity" would be an NLF.

Why would surviving for a short time in an environment that may have increased radiation mean complete immunity to cosmic radiation?

Damage3245 said:
Why would surviving for a short time in an environment that may have increased radiation mean complete immunity to cosmic radiation?
Freeza survived for days, bisected, in a solar system with three stars, without an atmosphere or even so much as a protective aura. No lasting or short-term effects were presented to us. At the very least, that classifies as a high resistance to radiation.

Korudo Daio said:
Freeza survived for days, bisected, in a solar system with three stars, without an atmosphere or even so much as a protective aura. No lasting or short-term effects were presented to us. At the very least, that classifies as a high resistance to radiation.
Since it is possible he shielded himself a tiny amount of Ki, and he received medical attention as soon as he was picked up (and then died shortly after), we wouldn't know about any short-term or long-term effects even if they did exist.

For all we know he could have been on the way to developing alien-cancer before Trunks killed him. I don't think it's fair to assume he has radiation resistance that protected him from a assumedly-high level of raditiation.

Damage3245 said:
Korudo Daio said:
Since it is possible he shielded himself a tiny amount of Ki, and he received medical attention as soon as he was picked up (and then died shortly after), we wouldn't know about any short-term or long-term effects even if they did exist.
For all we know he could have been on the way to developing alien-cancer before Trunks killed him. I don't think it's fair to assume he has radiation resistance that protected him from a assumedly-high level of raditiation.
He had zero energy left after he wasted Goku's energy in an attempt to kill him. Freeza was unconcious when Cold found him, and had been for days. It was two years** before Goku returned to Earth, and Freeza returned at the same time. Alive, after being bombarded with the combined, unfiltered radiation of three suns. Normal humans exposed to something like that would be cooked alive by radiation burns, minus the vacuum of space.

If that doesn't classify as high resistance to radiation at the least, I don't know what does.

EDIT: *Confirmed by a quick Google search.

Korudo Daio said:
He had zero energy left after he wasted Goku's energy in an attempt to kill him. Freeza was unconcious when Cold found him, and had been for days. It was at least a year or so before Goku returned to Earth, and Freeza returned at the same time. Alive, after being bombarded with the combined, unfiltered radiation of three suns. Normal humans exposed to something like that would be cooked alive by radiation burns, minus the vacuum of space.

If that doesn't classify as high resistance to radiation at the least, I don't know what does.
And Freeza's natural high durability wouldn't be be able to protect him from it in the first place?

Radiation ignores conventional durability as I understand it--it attacks at a molecular level, destroying molecular bonds and creating free-roaming charged particles that can kill cells.

I agree for the reasons presented above.

Especially since he was half dead for months.

Seems fine though I'd like more opinions

Since space is always filled with solar winds and cosmic radiation perhaps anyone that can be in space should automatically have resistance to radiation. There will be a wiki wide revision for this

Since space is always filled with solar winds and cosmic radiation perhaps anyone that can be in space should automatically have resistance to radiation. There will be a wiki wide revision for this

Not necessarily. The Van Allen belts are 58,000 kilometers away from Earth, and they're the highest level of concentrated radiation that could be considered as "within" the Earth's gravitational borders.

I'm fine with that. I just specified Freeza, Cell, and Frost because I'd been thinking of how long Freeza was floating out in space prior to Cold picking him up. >_>

Reppuzan said:
I mean, we'd be giving this to any character who survives in space.
That sound the same as giving resistance to disease, mind and soul resistance to most special robots.

What these abilities have in common is that they're both true abilities that weren't added because...because...because.

Robots getting disease, mind, soul resistant seems reasonable as well. Anyway i will create another CRT outlining all self-evident abilities for each character class should have

But not all of them, in another thread it was said that the robot from cuphead does have a soul.

Crzer07 said:
Robots getting disease, mind, soul resistant seems reasonable as well. Anyway i will create another CRT outlining all self-evident abilities for each character class should have
Link me this thread when you make it, will ya? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back