• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor change for marvel and dc power scaling page

we should just use this one, at least it doesn't lack context

Actually, I got better. Literally use anything by donny cates. Or Venom the End.
Further additions are fine, as long as they use "this character beat a far more powerful character in one story, who beat an even more powerful character in another story, who beat another even more powerful character in yet another story" sequences to get ridiculous results.

Also, we should remove the "Beyonder Drones" statistics from their wiki profile page. They were just named as regular Beyonders both within the story and by Tom Brevoort, as far as I recall.

Further additions are fine, as long as they use "this character beat a far more powerful character in one story, who beat an even more powerful character in another story, who beat another even more powerful character in yet another story" sequences to get ridiculous results.

Also, we should remove the "Beyonder Drones" statistics from their wiki profile page. They were just named as regular Beyonders both within the story and by Tom Brevoort, as far as I recall.
El Cates isn't really about funny outliers, but out of nowhere batshit amps

From what I recall it was just an unmasked Spider-Man letting regular Jonah punch him repeatedly until he was quite bloodied in the face.
I mean... that doesn't seem that bad. anything can happen with repeated blows to the face.

That is not what we were shown. The Panther and the Tiger God were clearly preparing to fight each other.
I don't think so...

Devil Hulk vs All Father Thor for starters - Immortal Hulk
Mary Marvel breaking Captain Atom's shell and not destroying shit around it - Formerly JLA
Venom the End: Killing all those cosmic entities
Thanos Wins: Black Bolt killing Celestials
Superman destroying Soulfire Darkseid - Death of New Gods
Superman punching Brainiac through infinite universe or somesuch.
Catwoman reacting to Flashes - they were controlled, yes, but still too fast for her tier

And more. Much better examples

There's a very infamous instance where Spidey fought a guy who went on to kill Beyonder immediately after
Are you talking about The Puma/Thomas Fireheart? The character was supposedly in perfect harmony with all of existence at the time, as his people's chosen messiah in this regard, which was a weakness of The Beyonder's. However, The Beyonder only claimed that it could kill him. We do not know for certain that it was true.

That said, given that the main point of this is "Don't engage in blindly ill-considered powerscaling sequences", I suppose that it might work. I think that the current examples are likely better though.

Not canon and like didn't darkseid allow him iirc?

Superman punching Brainiac through infinite universe or somesuch
That's a 5 year older superman who made made god braniac bleed and affected all other braniac in the multiverse or other realities.
Plus I'm pretty sure his rating was made unknown as not to make superman 2-C.

Catwoman reacting to Flashes - they were controlled, yes, but still too fast for her tier
You said it yourself controlled.

You could just talk about when superman could pull a planet in later the same book he struggled to lift an helicopter.

and early wally struggled to outpace a cheetah.

I mean... that doesn't seem that bad. anything can happen with repeated blows to the face.
By a 10-A hitting an at least High 8-C?
There was a clear physical assault involved as far as I can see.
Devil Hulk vs All Father Thor for starters - Immortal Hulk
If we use that the Devil Hulk has been repeately significantly harmed by very conventional weaponry, such as handguns, and use the highest possible interpretation for The Black Winter (via the entity supposedly destroying the Sixth Multiverse, if we mix in Al Ewing's unrelated stories, even though it was treated as a universe in the Cates story itself), that could work as an addition, yes.
Mary Marvel breaking Captain Atom's shell and not destroying shit around it - Formerly JLA
Captain Atom has an in-canon very shifting power level, and was treated as his Justice League International scale of power in this story.
Venom the End: Killing all those cosmic entities
The computer hiveminds killing the Living Tribunal before they even reached a universal scale of power did not make any sense, yes. They were expanding to take over the multiversal structure later though. However, this was not a canon story.
Thanos Wins: Black Bolt killing Celestials
It works, but we need a more extreme scaling sequence.
Did he really do that? I don't remember the storyline well, but Jim Starlin was completely messing up DC Comics continuity and the cosmological structure in it, while Dan Didiot gladly let him. I prefer to consider the story as non-canon, given that it severely contradicted the Final Crisis event, and the entire point of the nature of The Source.
Superman punching Brainiac through infinite universe or somesuch.
I don't remember that one.
I used that example earlier, but it was removed due to complaints. Maybe we can add a scan for it instead of Batman kicking the Spectre though?
And more. Much better examples
We need really extreme ones. Only one of the above ones might qualify, but you still miss the point that this is about not blindly using all powerscaling at face value without consistency and further context. The remaining examples work very well for that purpose. Removing them just causes harm to our wiki standards for no good reasons.

Anyway, should we add the Handgun -> Devil Hulk -> Odinforce Thor -> Black Winter -> Multi-Eternity -> Living Tribunal -> Oblivion scaling chain, and possibly the Aunt May -> J. Jonah Jameson -> Spider-Man -> Puma -> Beyonder examples to the ones that we currently use?

The book was by grant Morrison and later stated no be canon that's why it ain't on darkseid profile iirc.
No, Death of the New Gods was written by Jim Starlin, as a supposed prelude to Grant Morrison's Final Crisis event, but as usual when Starlin or Dan Didio were involved, it did not make any sense, in terms of continuity, metaphysics, or power levels.
He worded it wrong.
Okay.

Pretty sure some writers still considers it canon. And no, not really.

There was a clear physical assault involved as far as I can see.
Seems to me Black Panther was scared. In any case, the tiger god was amped when he fought logos so... But if you still want to use it, maybe using the White Tiger feats to draw this conclusion would work better than aunt may.

This can be better for aunt may tho
Aunt May harms Doctor Octopus who in turn consistently tanks hits from Spider-Man, who has killed Morlun, a being stated to be stronger than the Hulk

Captain Atom has an in-canon very shifting power level, and was treated as his Justice League International levels.
I am aware, however, if his shell breaks, it will create an extremely large explosion, but in this arc it didn't happen at all. And the radiation leak was extremely low. We don't have to always make it physical. Variety of examples.

Did he really do that? I don't remember the storyline well, but Jim Starlin was completely messing up DC Comics continuity and the cosmological structure in it, while Dan Didiot gladly let him.
Yeah. And yeah, but still, can be used since it was considered canon. Its 4-B against a tier 1

I used that example earlier, but it was removed due to complaints.
Why? Despite them being controlled, the whole issue showed that flashes could cover the earth in less than a second. And all of a sudden catwoman could react to it with that speed rating? Odd
Maybe we can add a scan for it instead of Batman kicking the Spectre though?
Sure

Pretty sure some writers still considers it canon. And no, not really.

Seems to me Black Panther was scared. In any case, the tiger god was amped when he fought logos so... But if you still want to use it, maybe using the White Tiger feats to draw this conclusion would work better than aunt may.
I just want to make the scaling as ridiculously exaggerated as possible, since it is so common with people using outliers and extreme writer biases to get whatever statistics they want, since this is exactly the kind of issue that we should preferably be vary of during our work.
This can be better for aunt may tho
Doctor Octopus is similar to Iron Man in that his meachanical arms are much stronger than himself though.
I am aware, however, if his shell breaks, it will create an extremely large explosion, but in this arc it didn't happen at all. And the radiation leak was extremely low. We don't have to always make it physical. Variety of examples.
Well, this is supposed to be about tier scaling inconsistencies, not about the stories themselves otherwise not being consistent or making sense.
Yeah. And yeah, but still, can be used since it was considered canon. Its 4-B against a tier 1
I think that Superman stated outright in the story that he was unable to cause any harm whatsoever to these entities, and simply distracted them at a critical moment, but do not remember so well. Also, the story has been blatantly contradicted and systematically ignored afterwards, so I think that we can consider it as non-canon, and definitely should do so, given the quality of the writing.
Why? Despite them being controlled, the whole issue showed that flashes could cover the earth in less than a second. And all of a sudden catwoman could react to it with that speed rating? Odd

Sure
Well, I do not mind. I will check to see if I can find the old scan that I uploaded to the wiki.

Anyway, should we add the Handgun -> Devil Hulk -> Odinforce Thor -> Black Winter -> Multi-Eternity -> Living Tribunal -> Oblivion scaling chain, and possibly the Aunt May -> J. Jonah Jameson -> Spider-Man -> Puma -> Beyonder examples to the ones that we currently use?
Also...

I think that Superman stated outright in the story that he was unable to cause any harm whatsoever to these entities, and simply distracted them at a critical moment, but do not remember so well. Also, the story has been blatantly contradicted and systematically ignored afterwards, so I think that we can consider it as non-canon, and definitely should do so, given the quality of the writing.
Yeah, but then he immediately broke darkseid in half by flying through him.

I just want to make the scaling as ridiculously exaggerated as possible, since it is so common with people using outliers and extreme writer biases to get whatever statistics they want, since this is exactly the kind of issue that we should preferably be vary of during our work.
I get where you are coming from, but a lot kinda make sense in context.

sure

Here are the two images that we would need to cut apart, and then piece together in resized format. Is somebody here willing to handle it, or are they too mismatched in size proportions?

Yeah, but then he immediately broke darkseid in half by flying through him.
Well, I would still rather ignore that story. There was so much wrong with it on a conceptual level.
I get where you are coming from, but a lot kinda make sense in context.
Not sufficiently, as far as I am concerned.
It may be a good idea to also better explain that we (I) deliberately made the scaling as ridiculously exaggerated as possible, to illustrate that we should not blindly use all powerscaling at face value without consistency and further context, since it is so common that people use outliers and extreme writer biases to get whatever statistics they want, and this is exactly the kind of issue that we should preferably avoid during our work.

Last edited:

That's a 5 year older superman who made made god braniac bleed and affected all other braniac in the multiverse or other realities.
Plus I'm pretty sure his rating was made unknown as not to make superman 2-C.

You said it yourself controlled.

You could just talk about when superman could pull a planet in later the same book he struggled to lift an helicopter.

and early wally struggled to outpace a cheetah.
Well. I think Catwoman instance isn't that stupid. Flashes were controlled by Poison Ivy, who couldn't react fast enough while controlling them. So Catwoman could just predict where they were running and strike in advance

Here are the two images that we would need to cut apart, and then piece together in resized format. Is somebody here willing to handle it, or are they too mismatched in size proportions?

@The_Divine_Phoenix @Colonel_Krukov @Zaratthustra @ZackMoon1234 @Dark-Carioca @MistaClean @MonkeyOfLife

Would any of you be willing to handle it?

In what way do you mean "cut apart" and what size do you want for its resized format?

Their original size its kinda a big difference as one is twice the other. I can make them have the same size but will likely lose their quality a bit (the smaller one).

It may be a good idea to also better explain that we (I) deliberately made the scaling as ridiculously exaggerated as possible, to illustrate that we should not blindly use all powerscaling at face value without consistency and further context, since it is so common that people use outliers and extreme writer biases to get whatever statistics they want, and this is exactly the kind of issue that we should preferably avoid during our work.
In the meantime, is it fine if I make the above additions, along with removing the example with Iceman and Oblivion?

Also, does anybody have an official source that says that the characters that Starbrand defeated were not true Beyonders, but merely drones? If not, we can probably remove that key from their wiki profile page.

In what way do you mean "cut apart" and what size do you want for its resized format?

Their original size its kinda a big difference as one is twice the other. I can make them have the same size but will likely lose their quality a bit (the smaller one).
Thank you for helping out. I meant that the Wonder Woman and Catwoman outlier pages should preferably be evenly pasted together.

Also, almost all examples there are from Marvel. I know Marvel is more infamous for street tiers beating heralds and such, but still

Also, almost all examples there are from Marvel. I know Marvel is more infamous for street tiers beating heralds and such, but still
DC Comics is not nearly as extreme in this regard, as far as I am aware.

Maybe we could use Superboy Prime beating up the Batman who Laughs, who likely scales to the Hands of creation, as he killed Perpetua? Who is the least impressive character that has ever made Prime bleed?

Maybe we could use Superboy Prime beating up the Batman who Laughs, who likely scales to the Hands of creation, as he killed Perpetua? Who is the least impressive character that has ever made Prime bleed?
Wonder girl from what I can remember. She is barely Superboy level.

I didn't read it myself, cause as a big fan, prime stories post blakcest night were... Unnecessary. But I hear varied things from people. Some says he was amped, others says he wasn't, others then goes onto say that BWL wasn't at his peak. Its somewhat confusing.

Yeah...I don't know if I understand your right Ant...my english may be falling me but anyway. The link contains 3 images: first is a combination of the Black Cat beating flash and Wonder Woman getting shot which I tried to resize to the same format (I think this is what you meant...could be wrong), then the following two are the solo images for the one where Antimonitor is defeated, whole the last is the one with Batman beating The Spectre but just cropped apart. If you meant to have these two last put together like the first image from the link then I can do it if not then idk what you truly mean...

If no one else has a problem with it, sure.

Yeah, our Prime profile literally has a separate key for when he fought the Virgin Who Laughs lol
Prime's keys... Confuses ngl. I might rework the file one day. NOt touching the post flashpoint shit of his tho lel

The first example, with Catwoman and Wonder Woman, is what I mean. Can you upload it to the wiki as well, and then link to it here, please?

Back