• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor change for marvel and dc power scaling page

Sure, here it is.

Thank you very much for your help. I will start to update the page according to what has been agreed here then.

I have tried to edit the relevant page according to the above agreements:

What else should we adjust to improve on it?

Last edited:
Okay. Thank you for the clarification.

So were my changes to the page acceptable, and what else do we need to correct in it?

Didn't Spider-Man get some kind of weird power of friendship boost or something
Nah, the symbiote didn't boost him in the comics and he got no boosts of any kind during that time period.

This cover is an excellent example of these weird cases however. That and beating Titania.

And yeah the changes to the page are acceptable. Not sure what else needs to be done there.

No, Death of the New Gods was written by Jim Starlin, as a supposed prelude to Grant Morrison's Final Crisis event, but as usual when Starlin or Dan Didio were involved, it did not make any sense, in terms of continuity, metaphysics, or power levels.
Yeah but I'm still sure this platform treats it's as non canon.

Pretty sure some writers still considers it canon. And no, not really.
Like which writer cause it hasn't even been refrenced in any book I've read.

Why? Despite them being controlled, the whole issue showed that flashes could cover the earth in less than a second. And all of a sudden catwoman could react to it with that speed rating? Odd
Their being controlled like you said.

I think that Superman stated outright in the story that he was unable to cause any harm whatsoever to these entities, and simply distracted them at a critical moment, but do not remember so well. Also, the story has been blatantly contradicted and systematically ignored afterwards, so I think that we can consider it as non-canon, and definitely should do so, given the quality of the writing.
Entirety of this is correct.
Maybe we could use Superboy Prime beating up the Batman who Laughs, who likely scales to the Hands of creation, as he killed Perpetua? Who is the least impressive character that has ever made Prime bleed?
Just superman and that in infinite crisis and legion of 3 worlds though he defeated all heroes here easily even some via clapping his hands.

Superboy has enough teir 2 feats in this books though and I'm not talking of prime.

I don't know why the Catwoman scan wouldn't be accepted as just them being slower because of Ivy. The first time we see Ivy use a Flash she just has him run in front of Batman's fist instead of just stopping his punch. Sure you could say that Ivy made Bruce punch Flash on purpose but the comic makes it clear that Ivy isn't very good at using the superhumans. Not only does her inability to properly use Superman's super hearing result in Superman going down to a whistle but she accidentally has him punch Batman too hard and kill him. Ivy even admits later on that controlling the planet while dealing with Bruce and Selina has her constantly distracted.

Also completely unrelated to that but as for the infamous "Batman kicks Spectre" scan, literally the page right after has Spectre say that he let Batman kick him because he thought it would make him feel better.

No? This happened right before flashpoint.
I meant it happened in infinite crisis when they beat the shit outta him in LO3W only superboy was a match for superboy prime as superman seemed to be holding back against him.

Though Bart Allen fodderised him😂.

I don't know why the Catwoman scan wouldn't be accepted as just them being slower because of Ivy. The first time we see Ivy use a Flash she just has him run in front of Batman's fist instead of just stopping his punch. Sure you could say that Ivy made Bruce punch Flash on purpose but the comic makes it clear that Ivy isn't very good at using the superhumans. Not only does her inability to properly use Superman's super hearing result in Superman going down to a whistle but she accidentally has him punch Batman too hard and kill him. Ivy even admits later on that controlling the planet while dealing with Bruce and Selina has her constantly distracted.

Also completely unrelated to that but as for the infamous "Batman kicks Spectre" scan, literally the page right after has Spectre say that he let Batman kick him because he thought it would make him feel better.
Everything he says is the truth.

I think that the only thing that we still need to do here is to preferably remove the "Beyonder drones" key statistics.

I think that the only thing that we still need to do here is to preferably remove the "Beyonder drones" key statistics.
On that subject, in the same comic we are told that the combats of the Beyonders and Avengers were manifestations, solid states that contained their essence. Or in a nutshell, avatars. This is based on the strange robotic appearance of those two beyonders, to which several more are later added, despite the fact that at the beginning of that same instance we are shown the beyonders with the appearance that we all know. So even though the Avengers did fight the actual Beyonders, they didn't use their true forms in the fight and thus their powers were much more limited.

I don't think that anything about the Beyonders having limited their powers to an extreme degree in some physical manifestation forms but not others was inferred by any of the above scans at all, much less stated outright, so I still think that it seems best to remove the "drones" statistics, and consider Thor and Hyperion fighting them as outliers.

Anyway, what are our other conclusions here so far?

Back