• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
"Old High Ones, the. Only very obliquely referred to in the Discworld religions. Such piecemeal references as have been discovered suggest that there are eight 'entities' that oversee the universe, although 'oversee' is far too strong a word. There is no single word that really does explain their role, which seems to be to observe in a dynamic way, in order for the observed events to be able to happen. It might be simpler to say that the universe exists because they believe in it"

Subjective Reality + Causality Manipulation

Also shouldn't he and death have Soul Manipulation?

1. I thought we agreed to Causality Manip ages ago. Either way yeah that quote supports both of those.

2. Considering Susan gets Soul Manip from a statement about Death's weapon, yeah, both should have soul manip.

Should the reason for Omnipresence be something like "Embodies the concept of death, which exists all throughout the Discworld multiverse"

Is that why he has it? I honestly don't remember much for that bit of Azrael.

Why? It should mention the whole "transcendant of universes that each contain concepts such as Cantor's Infinite Sets" or whatever, but why time?

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Because he created the character "time" who embodies time on a Multiversal scale
that's cool but the concept of time on a multiversal scale isn't Immeasurable, we spoke about this in the thread downgrading D&D from Immeasurable.

That is correct, but I thought that we were talking about omnipresence.

Why would being above time give omnipresence

Well, Azarael being the embodiment of death, which is everywhere, and having created time, which is also everywhere, should qualify him, or at least the former should.

Antvasima said:
Well, Azarael being the embodiment of death, which is everywhere, and having created time, which is also everywhere, should qualify him, or at least the former should.
I... I mean, no, not really? We don't do that for other verses at the very least.

Well, I think that we scale the Marvel and DC Comics abstract entities from being embodiments of all-encompassing concepts.

I'd assume there's some scan saying "hey this such and such is omnipresent". Do no such things exist?

Well, they are always treated as being part of everything. Wouldn't Azrael logically be the same?

I'm not sure that actually counts as being present at all given times. Just seems like a vast stretch to me, but hey, I haven't read the books in awhile so do what you will I s'pose.

Well, it has been a long time for me as well, so if you think that it is inappropriate, we could skip that part.

so you're saying I need to upgrade D&D because I'm apparently downplaying the hell outta them, hearing you loud and clear buddy

Okay. Omnipresence seems fine after all them.

I have unlocked the page. Tell me here when you are done.

Okay. Is there anything left to do here, or should I close this thread?

Back