• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mio Takamiya - Minor Revision

Seeing Death Manipulation on Mio's Profile is just not factual...

As shown above, they Light Particle is not manipulating death in the process... it just "capturing" somewhat life/lifeforce/lifespan, thus creating a scenario of an "absolute death"... calling it Flowery Word is also possible.

This also be possible as to why something like Technology or something Mechanical got broken, because they have Lifespan... not Death... they don't have that as far as i know in general

Conclusion:
This could be just a Life Manipulation with Absorption (or Statistic Inducement?)

How is it flowery word when it can literally induces death?

Also, I dont see how this debunk 'Death Manipulation' considering the page stated that taking life forces away is one of method of this ability.

So yeah, it is basically the same thing. You can even check the 'Life Manipulation' page, , where it said that one of the possible uses is instant death by absorbing the life forces.

I doubt it would be Life Manipulation though, since it can work on machine and other dead object. So 'Death Manipulation' would be more accurate imo.

This really wouldn't be flowery word, the qualities of Mio's angel and their effects on other characters are described several times in the novel, even Westcott's copy of her angel killed the girls as it had the same effect of Mio's angel.
Maybe this can be life stealing/instant death but I'm still more inclined towards death manipulation because its effects extends even to inorganic beings and machines like the Bandersnatch and airbone ships.
This also be possible as to why something like Technology or something Mechanical got broken, because they have Lifespan... not Death... they don't have that as far as i know in general
Well, her angel is explicity said to be able of killing all things, so its effects are clearly supernatural and consistent with death manipulation that our page says that is power that induces death even to things like objects or similar things.

Though, like i said i'm not opposed to Life Stealing/Instant Death since the angel works by taking away the lifetime of a target in an instant, reducing it to zero in a blink of an eye.

Last edited:

Her angels have three types:〈Ain Soph Aur〉brings death to all things, 〈Ain Soph〉 all-domination, and 〈 〉 (Ain) all-annihilation. Each of them takes the form of a flower, a tree, and a seed, respectively. Regardless of what they encounter, it is impossible to resist their power.

It did say Inducing Lifespan "to zero", not Inducing Death as far as i know...
And what i meant by Flowery Word is the "Absolute Death"
I doubt it would be Life Manipulation though, since it can work on machine and other dead object. So 'Death Manipulation' would be more accurate imo
Machine doesn't have Death, but they do have Lifespan correct?
Whether it's Animate Object or Inanimate Object... both still have Lifespan if i'm not mistaken

Maybe this can be life stealing/instant death but I'm still more inclined towards death manipulation because its effects extends even to inorganic beings and machines like the Bandersnatch and airbone ships.
Inanimate Object such as Iron, Clay, etc etc still have Lifespan... and there's something called as "Molding Session" & "Decomposed"... that's how Inanimate Object describe their Lifespan, neverhtless i'm very certain this is not Direct Death Manipulation
Well, her angel is explicity said to be able of killing all things, so its effects are clearly supernatural and consistent with death manipulation that our page says that is power that induces death even to things like objects or similar things.

Though, like i said i'm not opposed to Life Stealing/Instant Death since the angel works by taking away the lifetime of a target in an instant, reducing it to zero in a blink of an eye.
First point, the "killing" parts was achived during the Lifespan Stealing... it didn't have correlation to Death Manipulation...
Second point, it doesn't say "Inducing Death" its crystal clear the word reference to its first paragraph... and that is "Lifespan capturing"... thus creating a scenario of "Absolute Death"

And lastly, you just accepted my whole argument by saying that the angel taking their lifetime... as to which why they are dead, not manipulating death in the first place

Also, I dont see how this debunk 'Death Manipulation' considering the page stated that taking life forces away is one of method of this ability.

So yeah, it is basically the same thing. You can even check the 'Life Manipulation' page, , where it said that one of the possible uses is instant death by absorbing the life forces.

I doubt it would be Life Manipulation though, since it can work on machine and other dead object. So 'Death Manipulation' would be more accurate imo.
This really wouldn't be flowery word, the qualities of Mio's angel and their effects on other characters are described several times in the novel, even Westcott's copy of her angel killed the girls as it had the same effect of Mio's angel.

Even if she did have Death Manipulation, why isn't she use it for herself?
1. Mio Takamiya had the urge to die in the series for the whole time
2. If you say it's not possible, why? Its light particle, Mio can just touch it and died like she wanted
3. If you say "Her power doesn't work on her", the reason for that? Mio Takamiya have been injured not just once, but many time using her own Reiryoku... or power, even tho she's immune to all of Spirit Power but she have the most vulnarable weakness of her own Power

This is just illogical

Inanimate Object such as Iron, Clay, etc etc still have Lifespan... and there's something called as "Molding Session" & "Decomposed"... that's how Inanimate Object describe their Lifespan, neverhtless i'm very certain this is not Direct Death Manipulation
Both of these processes do not cause the death of inorganic things, the first only transforms and shapes its structure to transform it into something else and the decomposition of something inorganic is a bit different if compared with the same process of organic beings. It changes the structure, size, composition and other parts of something inorganic. These are processes of transformation in their structure, but not death or the end of their lifespan as those concepts only apply to organic beings. This is very different from the effects of Ain Soph Aur which directly cause death to even something inorganic.
Second point, it doesn't say "Inducing Death" its crystal clear the word reference to its first paragraph... and that is "Lifespan capturing"... thus creating a scenario of "Absolute Death"
Machines, robots and inorganic materials have a lifespan? her angel takes away the lives of Bandersnatch who are robots.
And lastly, you just accepted my whole argument by saying that the angel taking their lifetime... as to which why they are dead, not manipulating death in the first place
I'm not against it being Life Stealing/Instant Death but the effects of her angel are much closer to being Death Manipulation instead of Life Hax. The official DAL fan book material which was created by Tachibana himself, who is author of the novels, says that her angel brings death to all things and that it is impossible to resist his power. Its effects are constantly repeated and claimed to be capable of bringing death or taking away the life of anything that comes into contact with its particles.
2. If you say it's not possible, why? Its light particle, Mio can just touch it and died like she wanted
3. If you say "Her power doesn't work on her", the reason for that? Mio Takamiya have been injured not just once, but many time using her own Reiryoku... or power, even tho she's immune to all of Spirit Power but she have the most vulnarable weakness of her own Power

This is just illogical
PIS, the same could be asked if she had that Life hax that you are proposing. It's just PIS so the plot can continue.

Last edited:
It did say Inducing Lifespan "to zero", not Inducing Death as far as i know...
How is that not the same 🗿

And what i meant by Flowery Word is the "Absolute Death"

Machine doesn't have Death, but they do have Lifespan correct?
No? I don't even have "death" nor do you. "Death" isn't something you have. Its something that will eventually happen to you, whether you are a living beings or machine.

She did, it doesn't work because she's too powerful and resisted it.

Do you mean when Tohka took her reiryoku and harm her using AP? Because no ability/hax has been shown to hurt her except for <Ain>.

Also your arguments doesn't support your side either, since taking lifespan causes death.

This is literally nitpicking at it finest. You can't argue that this is not 'Death Manipulation' because it literally kills everything it touches. Heck, It can even be argued that "taking lifespan" is a fancy way of saying it inducces death, since it doesn't literally absorb lifespan the way Kurumi's shadow does. And "taking a life" has already been used as a phrase to mean killing. This is closer to Death Manipulation, due to its capability of functioning against unalive object such as machine, which is why 'Life Manipulation' doesn't quite fit.

Back