• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Azrael (DC) revision Part 1

After upgrading Azrael's stats, I noticed how unfinished it is in general, ability wise especially. In this CRT, I propose to give him missing abilities, add a new key and update some stats such as liftining strength.
Anyway, normal abilities:
Fire Manipulation: Just look at the profile page picture lol. Anyway, his gauntlets can light on fire (Azrael #12) and even shoot out flames from a distance (Azrael #25 and Catwoman #31)
Instinctive reaction: Using the system, Jean can fight without thought or awareness (Azrael #32), the system can seize his consciousness completely and make him react as needed (Azrael #30)
Limited precognition: The system can warn him of danger, such as poisoned food (Azrael: Agent of the Bat #93)
Limited mind manipulation: The system can tell him if people are speaking the truth or not (Azrael: Agent of the Bat #93)
Self sustenance: Needs no sleep or food while under the effects of the system (Batman #500)
Preparation: Designed the Azbats armor while under the effects of the system (Batman #500)
Analytic prediction: Under the system, precisely calculates how to tag a foe in account for the velocity (Batman: Shadow of the Bat 20)
Rage power: The system takes control and allows him to take down a previously superior foe (Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #62)
Magnetism manipulation and pain manipulation: Can shoot out a magnetic field that temporarily shuts down the nervous system and knocks a person out (Azrael: Agent of the Bat #72)
Regeneration: About Mid-Low. Claims his body will heal without help (Azrael: Agent of the Bat #75), barely notices a bullet wound and claims it will heal (Azrael: Agent of the Bat #79), can heal himself (Azrael: Agent of the Bat #81)
Resistances:
Fire Manipulation: Sits among flames undamaged with no armor (Azrael #2), armor consistently stated to be flameproof.
Electricity manipulation: Takes an electrical blast (Azrael: Agent of the Bat #81), survives a lighting strike.
Acid manipulation: Suit can last in high strenght acid for a minute (Azrael #30)
Cold manipulation: Armor is insulated from cold (Azrael: Agent of the Bat #51
Sleep Manipulation: Unaffected by knockout gas that affected Deathstroke (Azrael #45), tanks mace to face (Azrael #18)
Poison Manipulation: Shrugs off a lethal amount of poison (Azrael: Agent of the Bat #93)
Pain Manipulation: The system blocks his pain (Detective Comics #673)
Fear Manipulation: The system makes him immune to Scarecrow's Fear Toxin (Batman: Shadow of the Bat #18)
Lifting Strength:
Throws a metal bed through a ceiling (Azrael #2)
Rips apart a cyborg's arm (Azrael#7)
Bends the Iron bars of a cage (Azrael: Agent of the Bat #81)
Snaps metal chains (Azrael: Agent of the Bat #81)
Lifts a huge tree off the ground (Azrael: Agent of the Bat #86)
Overpowers Deathstroke in a sword lock (Azrael #45)
Feats above should give him about class 5-10, especially the tree 1
Stamina should be superhuman, went 4 days without sleep (Azrael: Agent of the Bat #83) and only needs 4 hours of sleep (Batman: Shadow of the Bat #29)
Gonna do part 2 after this one is done

Last edited:
Limited precognition: The system can warn him of danger, such as poisoned food (Azrael: Agent of the Bat #93)
I feel like this could be full, but just mention that it might not be combat applicable.
Limited mind manipulation: The system can tell him if people are speaking the truth or not (Azrael: Agent of the Bat #93)
Are you sure? The system is not saying anything like that?

Also that won't be mind manip in any form.
I think the system should have a different tab.
Self sustenance kinda already covers it, but sure
Lifting Strength:
Throws a metal bed through a ceiling (Azrael #2)
Rips apart a cyborg's arm (Azrael#7)
Bends the Iron bars of a cage (Azrael: Agent of the Bat #81)
Snaps metal chains (Azrael: Agent of the Bat #81)
Lifts a huge tree off the ground (Azrael: Agent of the Bat #86)
Overpowers Deathstroke in a sword lock (Azrael #45)
Scaling to slade seems fine.

All seems fine.

I am not too sure about that ability anymore ngl. Leave precog for now, I wonder if I can find some other instances of it

I feel like this could be full, but just mention that it might not be combat applicable.

I think the system should have a different tab.

Self sustenance kinda already covers it, but sure

Scaling to slade seems fine.

All seems fine.

Sorry, wrong scan
I thought it would be limited mind manip since it must read his mind or something.

Oh, enhanced senses can cover this.

Btw, looking back at it, I think the precog one is also enhanced senses.

Not too familiar with the character but this seems good.

Oh, enhanced senses can cover this.

Btw, looking back at it, I think the precog one is also enhanced senses.
I feel like in that moment it was actually straight up the system's manifestation doing all sorts of things. Like how it told Jean a dude is telling the truth

Would anyone mind if I added more feats on his page? Those are pretty important to show how much he upscales from DC street tiers, and he upscales a lot. Might be one of the best ones physically

Speaking of why it's only part 1, what do you think about giving Azbats (Azrael when he was Batman) a separate key? It's clearly physically superior to Jean and has more abilities, and is also crucial to his character

Hmm really? I thought his stats were somewhat similar? But I am not opposed to a new key. It's a very important part of batman lore and ofc his too

Hmm really? I thought his stats were somewhat similar? But I am not opposed to a new key. It's a very important part of batman lore and ofc his too
Well, I don't think it's an overwhelming edge, but it's probably a big increase. It (somewhat) held its own against Venomed Bane, could one shot the likes of Nightwing and shrug blows off them. In a recent AU, it even broke Bruce's spine I think

Btw, what do you think about also adding Supernatural Willpower to Azrael? In his second Bane story arc, Bane had some new powered up Venom inserted in Az. He stated that heroine and cocaine are chewtoys compared to it addiction wise, and Bird, a relatively strong-willed man, got reduced to a crying mess begging for venom after one dose. Azrael overpowers the addiction and defeats Bane immediately after

Alright, now we gotta just decide on what that System telling him not to eat thing is, and this can be applied

I think enhanced senses. Since it's poison, it can sense it better than Jean himself.
We should add a lot of examples to Enhanced Senses then, since Jean's are very advanced and can do things most ES users can't.
Also, what about the system telling him a guy said the truth?

One last thing, there was this guy, Calibax, who's power was to passively drain life from those around him to buff himself.
Jean doesn't give a shit and beats him up
Should resist life draining

Last thing and I can edit this. Didn't Jean basically master the System at the end, allowing him to use its powers in base?

I mean neither of us know for certain. So for now, I would recommend keeping them separate

Probably eras? Or you can do what I did for shadowman. Basically showcase how at first he couldn't but later on he got better at it.

Back