• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
I refuse to let this stand. I'm not one to spark verse-wide revisions on the fly, but I am not allowing this verse to be wanked more than it is already.

The one thing I want settled is this: Remove Low 7-C from the fodder of the verse. It makes sense for the boss characters to scale up from TNT and Creeper explosions, such as The Ender Dragon, the Wither, and Steve. I refuse to believe that the fodder characters scale down from said boss characters. As has been stated before for other verses, and much more harshly, literal fodder characters harming the main character in video games is to be treated as Game Mechanics. We do not scale Goombas up to Mario. We do not scale Waddle Dees up to Kirby. And we sure as heck should not scale a Zombie or a Skeleton to Steve.

I will standby to argue out the details to this. But the fact is, this deserves death. Period.

Edit: As pointed out by @Moritzva, Low 7-C in general sources itself from a very iffy calc, and should probably be removed in general, including from the top-tiers of the verse. Opinions on this would be nice, particularly since most everyone already seems cool with fodder losing their inflated tiering.

Last edited:
I dunno when this happened, I just pointed it out, but my god this is so obviously stupid. Agree with the downgrade, in no way should fodder and mobs who pose essentially no threat to a kitted-out PC scale to the literal final boss of the game.

I refuse to let this stand. I'm not one to spark verse-wide revisions on the fly, but I am not allowing this verse to be wanked more than it is already.

The one thing I want settled is this: Remove Low 7-C from the fodder of the verse. It makes sense for the boss characters to scale up from TNT and Creeper explosions, such as The Ender Dragon, the Wither, and Steve. However, I refuse to believe that the fodder characters scale down from said boss characters. As has been stated before for other verses, and much more harshly, literal fodder characters harming the main character in video games is to be treated as Game Mechanics. We do not scale Goombas up to Mario. We do not scale Waddle Dees up to Kirby. And we sure as heck should not scale a Zombie or a Skeleton to Steve.

I will standby to argue out the details to this. But the fact is, this deserves death. Period.
Can we remove Low 7-C from all mobs? I’m okay with that.

This against both our scaling rules and common sense, I agree

I’ll elaborate further here.

I don’t care what feat we scale them to, but it was already argued into eternity previously that scaling does exist.

Low 7-C is still stupid, though - so, if we want to universally remove Low 7-C from all mobs (it was using a very fishy game mechanics-esque calc anyways, and is massively contradicted by all other feats in-verse), I ABSOLUTELY support this.

For the record, I am fine with removing Low 7-C universally from the verse.

I just felt that having Low 7-C Minecraft cows didn't make a lot of sense.

For the record, I am fine with removing Low 7-C universally from the verse.

perfect, let’s make it 8-B and keep it 8-B until we downgrade The Ender Dragon to be 8-C

which, you know, would also be ideal

How’d you get 8-C, by using v.frag instead of pulv or by not using basalt?

Also I like how Mori has responded to this thread by acting as if it’s a completely different CRT that she wanted passed

Last edited:
Wow Cows solos jojos

either way i agree for removing Low 7-C for certain mobs, since it's basically game mechanics the fact that fodder ones dosen't get one-shotted.

But I disagree for removing Low 7-C universally, you need prove the calc is wrong for do that. or prove it's an outlier or smth.

But I disagree for removing Low 7-C universally, you need prove the calc is wrong for do that. or prove it's an outlier or smth.
Assumes vaporization based on vague particle effects, and Creepers can one-shot The Player and most movs with calced 8-C explosions. So, both the calc is dubious and it’s an outlier.

Is anyone else opposed to getting rid of Low 7-C entirely?

I'm fine with oof'ing the Low 7-C thing based on outlierhood if it is one, though I think the particle effects are at least an argument, if not concrete proof.

I think low 7-C can go for the bums.

I wouldn’t mind if only the player, ender dragon and wither scale to it.

These minecraft CRTs are getting crazy, huh? Agree with everything, but would like to see any new calc for Dragon before applying changes.

idk myself, but I do think that mobs that can spawn with/pick up gear should get 8-B to low 7-C equipped keys

also what happened to 8-C, the mobs that haven't been put at 8-B to low 7-C are 9-A instead of 8-C

I-is anyone who supported the verse being Low 7-C gonna speak up?

Where are they?

(I’m generally not a fan of one-side bum rushes, and like to seeing opposing arguments have discussions)

I-is anyone who supported the verse being Low 7-C gonna speak up?

Where are they?

(I’m generally not a fan of one-side bum rushes, and like to seeing opposing arguments have discussions)
i mean, if in the calc "Polverization" was like vaporization or something then ye no, it's wrong and should be remaded.

OP makes sense to me. I always had the feeling there was something off about the Minecraft fodder but didn't know exactly what.
I'm glad to see Minecraft getting so much attention recently, one of my favorite games.

Hold up, this is getting a bit mixed.

The OP said to delete Low 7-C from “fodder” profiles, and didn’t distinctly say anything more. I, and others, want Low 7-C deleted universally. Others want fodder downgraded completely, to... what tier? 8-C? 9-A? Scaling to what?

I see far too many votes to do something and not enough votes on what actually to do.

What are we voting for? What defines fodder? What should the scaling chain be? The entire reasoning for previous revisions - which most of you weren’t present for, iirc, but which went on for months - was that the past reasons were laughably bad and stupid, progression is hardly anything at all, and it’s not a bad “game mechanics” argument to see two weapons that hurt enemies to the exact same degree and tier them equally, especially when there is a lack of other methods to tier them on.

I can go ahead and update the OP to mark that this is now a revision to remove Low 7-C in general from Mincraft.

It was originally supposed to be a removal of the tier from fodder characters, and a general removal is a logical next step in this step, and seems to be a more contentious point over the previous, as everyone seems fine with removing the tiers from the fodders.

I don't do Minecraft but I vaguely recall a guide scan or whatever that said certain low end mobs were actually a threat to end game player and was stated from a in universe perspective.
I didn't follow the original thread where that was posted but iirc that was the reason for the scaling, in that some enemies canonically downscaling but not to a huge degree in lore. But **** if I know the full details 🤷‍♂️

Yeah IMO Low 7-C for Fodder can go.

Though there is an argument to be made for certain Zombie types since they can spawn with equipment sometimes. But yeah thats the only plausible exception I see.

I can go ahead and update the OP to mark that this is now a revision to remove Low 7-C in general from Mincraft.

It was originally supposed to be a removal of the tier from fodder characters, and a general removal is a logical next step in this step, and seems to be a more contentious point over the previous, as everyone seems fine with removing the tiers from the fodders.
Well, let’s start by debating Low 7-C removal from all first - arguments for mass downgrading fodder is something I, and a lot of people in the previous thread, disagreed with, and this thread isn’t detailed enough and lacks a proposal for what actually to do.

In other words, let’s hold our horses and stick to removing just Low 7-C since we lack a proper proposal for anything beyond that.

“scan or whatever that said certain low end mobs were actually a threat to end game player and was stated from a in universe perspective.”

(sorry I didn’t use the reply function, I expected that this comment would be immediately below yours, Chariot190)

An ender man was called a threat to end game players, this was brought up in the previous CRT.

Also could people please counter the arguments in the original thread instead of just acting incredulous and expecting to be caught up on a thread worth weeks of time.

An ender man was called a threat to end game players, this was brought up in the previous CRT.

Also could people please counter the arguments in the original thread instead of just acting incredulous and expecting to be caught up on a thread worth weeks of time.
This is less trying to get fodder downgraded as it is removing Low 7-C from them. If everyone and their mothers scale to Creeper explosions, then I don't really care. It's everyone scaling from a feat performed by the Ender Dragon that I have problems with.

Because again, I refuse to accept that cows scale to the endgame boss.

Don't wanna be that dude but...
That's an argument from incredulity, and not an argument based on proper evidence and proof.

You're probably right but still.

This is less trying to get fodder downgraded as it is removing Low 7-C from them. If everyone and their mothers scale to Creeper explosions, then I don't really care. It's everyone scaling from a feat performed by the Ender Dragon that I have problems with.

I don’t see how this contradicts what I was saying. The original thread was about how endgame minecraft wasn’t too different from early game minecraft.

I feel like the cow argument is disingenuous, normal regular cows are unknown. It is some cow-like from Dungeons which is scaling. Miltank doesn't suddenly stop scaling from other pokemon because it is a cow.

Eh, I'm probably just biased, is all.

If they have logical reasons for scaling, then I wouldn't mind as much. I'm just concerned about them scaling to a feat performed by the endgame boss, which by itself is frankly suspicious.

I believe that fodder was fine as it was from 9-A to 8-C, iirc everything had a calc to support their tier and there wasn't any iffy scaling to be seen.

I'll agree it is suspect, can't think of many games like that, but if there's allegedly statements that say "yeah these common dudes are actually a threat end game canonically and the difference between early game and end game isn't that different", well, it be like it do.

Though I'd still prefer we be conservative on the scaling and only apply to those we absolutely know who scale, but frankly, I don't actually know what that entails, I'm just speaking as a 3rd party and judging on the evidence presented 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back