• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minecraft Addition: Creative Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm neutral, but I'm leaning towards to disagree, since achievements aren't given in creative in bedrock edition, and turning on creative mode in the version will show a pop up saying that doing so will enable CHEATS, which means according to bedrock developers, creative mode is cheats. I know Java doesn't count it and it gives you advancements, but Java doesn't have to worry about the same things as bedrock does, such as gamerscore (I'm guessing gamerscore isn't given in Java, I never played that version).

I'm neutral, but I'm leaning towards to disagree, since achievements aren't given in creative in bedrock edition, and turning on creative mode in the version will show a pop up saying that doing so will enable CHEATS, which means according to bedrock developers, creative mode is cheats. I know Java doesn't count it and it gives you advancements, but Java doesn't have to worry about the same things as bedrock does, such as gamerscore (I'm guessing gamerscore isn't given in Java, I never played that version).
That seems more like a fairness thing. Giving people gamerscore for creative has obvious balance problems.
I'd prefer using Java Edition as the "main canon" because bedrock is really just an adaptation of the original, and we discount anime adaptations of mangas for that reason, for example.

That seems more like a fairness thing. Giving people gamerscore for creative has obvious balance problems.
I'd prefer using Java Edition as the "main canon" because bedrock is really just an adaptation of the original, and we discount anime adaptations of mangas for that reason, for example.
I'm fine if there's another section for creative mode Steve, although I don't understand how I'd be used in battles, since in creative the player is literally immune to everything

That's a NLF
Actually, you're right.

In Creative mode, you can get killed via Void Damage.

Unless you have the "invulnerable" NBT tag on, which renders all conventional ways of damage useless. Lava doesn't burn, instant damage elixirs doing nothing, even when in Survival Mode. Although you can still get killed by the ./kill command.

Actually, you're right.

Unless you have the "invulnerable" NBT tag on, which renders all conventional ways of damage useless. Lava doesn't burn, instant damage elixirs doing nothing, even when in Survival Mode. Although you can still get killed by the ./kill command.
Nothing involving Cheat Mode is part of this proposal, including NBT and commands.

I don't really see the problem here.

Survival and Creative are just as Canon as each other, and either way minecraft is an open sandbox game so applying a Canon sorta doesn't work.

I see no problem with this, since Creative is just an option the player can choose besides Survival. It's a sandbox game and there isn't a single way to play, the player can do whatever they want.

I have (I think) updated the agree/disagree, let me know if I missed something.
As predicted, it seems many people are still stuck up on Cheat Mode, even though I go out of my way to explain that is an entirely different thing than Creative Mode. Some of the people who have disagreed on this basis have not even responded to that section. I wonder how many have bothered to actually read the entire post.

Funnily enough, "invulnerable" mobs can be harmed normally by attacks from creative mode players.

TBH with the lack of canon I'd rather have Minecraft deleted if you ask me, but it's clear most would rather keep it even if it's a series whose scaling is based on (borderline) game mechanics. Anyways, I disagree FRA.

TBH with the lack of canon I'd rather have Minecraft deleted if you ask me, but it's clear most would rather keep it even if it's a series whose scaling is based on (borderline) game mechanics. Anyways, I disagree FRA.
I'd bring up Terraria, but Terraria has a lot of lore, so that is moot lol.

Game mechanics scaling is being fixed hopefully, and reverted back to the feats they actually perform.

This is a proposal which was rejected in the past under the assumption of "game mechanics" or "cheats." This is a decision I disagree with.
Firstly, Minecraft DOES have a cheat mode which is an option entirely separate from Creative Mode. Instead, Creative Mode is listed alongside other gamemode options for creating a new world, with no indication that it's less valid than Survival Mode.
With this in mind I'd like to propose that Creative Mode be added as a valid key for Steve/Alex.

I'd like to point out that this proposal still rejects certain proposals including: command blocks, console commands, structure blocks, and structure voids.
These things are NOT part of Creative Mode, only Cheat Mode, and should remain rejected.

The following is what Creative Mode actually does and how it may apply:
1.) The player no longer needs to eat, breathe, and is invulnerable except to Void damage. (Self-Sustenance (Type 1 & 2), Invulnerability)
2.) The player gains Superman-esque omnidirectional flight up to 10.92m/s. (
True Flight)
3.) The player may create blocks, mobs, and break any block instantly, even
bedrock without drops. (Creation, 5-C Env Dest.)
- 3a) Note that the instant destruction applies only to blocks, and that mobs still require damage to die and still drop their loot.
4.) All mobs are passive, and do not attempt to attack the player. The
Ender Dragon is the only exception. (Unsure, perhaps Morality Manipulation)
5.) The player has increased range for placing, breaking, and attacking. (
Extended Melee Range)

Agree: Damage3245, KieranH10, FinePoint, Expectro2000xxx, UltraChair, MrKerf, Rtxthegamer, DaReaperMan, XSOULOFCINDERX, Fastestthingalive50, NothingToDebateWith, MaybeWantsToEdit, azontr, ShockingShoes, Livinmeme, theultimate5105,
EmilioRory10
Neutral: InfiniteDay, RethPo, Cosmic_King_of_SAO
Disagree: Moritzva, Everything12, Mr._Bambu, GyroNutz, Blackcurrant91, Darkmon_cns

I repeat: this is
NOT CHEAT MODE, please stop bringing up things in cheat mode.
Seems fine to me

Resistence to fire manipulation and Extreme heat?

Creative player actually can survive being burned without taking any damage tho

Actually, you're right.

Never knew that was the case on Java, in Bedrock you can't die to void you just stop falling after a while

This is an interesting thing to analyse.

On the subject of canonicity, I don't think it is a valid argument to not allow Creative profiles. Minecraft really does not have a canon, nor a default way to play, I'd argue. While, as Bambu pointed out, when you initialize the game and thus the base setting is "Survival", I struggle to see that as proof. I get it being used on the lack of anything else, but the problem is that following that logic imples that any form of interactive media that may have any difference in regards of the base way of playing is, well, wrong. For example, any game that has a "hard mode" which adds more abilities to characters may not be considered, since that would be out of the base game's base, unadultered setting, and thus invalid. The only exceptions to this would be games that expressly forbid the player from playing the game unless you pick a difficulty, which could argue that any method is canon. This turns a question of game design into one that argues canonicity, which is far, far more meta than using game mechanics as an argument, something that I feel needs being pointed out.

Creative is a no less valid gameplay option, and trying to deny it is also weird, at least to someone who has played Minecraft. I get from an outside view why someone would try to associate it with cheat mode from, say, a GTA game. It might even be considered that in a Survival server to someone be in a Creative mode when it's not something agreed upon. But trying to consider it a cheat mode is... silly, if I'm to be honest. It's the go-to mode to create things, to make builds and test a plethora of things that in Survival mode would be far too time and resource consuming in the best case scenario, outright impossible in the worst. I... Don't think I need proof of what I'm saying here, but if you want it, sure, I can link ya to the Minecraft community as a whole. I'm 100% sure anyone will reciprocate what I just said.

In any case, there are some genuine issues with Creative mode. Earlier in the thread, it was pointed how it makes scaling utterly impossible, like the character doing half a heart of damage with a fist still, yet managing to break bedrock with a single punch, and scaling bedrock to anyone else aside from the Creative player/command blocks is unwise. I think that if we went along that road, we'd find plenty more contradictions to any attempt at sane scaling.

I rather like the idea of creative mode PC, but I'll still wait. I hope to see more arguments, and until then, I'm neutral.

I think this is very well said. The scaling would probably just be around the endgame player's level in Survival, since the Creative Mode player can spawn in the equipment. The only real differences would be in their abilities and hax, which likely explains their interactions with blocks.

We would have something like "At least 8-B with equipment." for AP, and "At Least City Block Level, likely far higher with Invulnerability." for durability. Honestly, there's no unmodded basis for scaling bedrock past the Wither explosion as far as I know anyways. In fact, I'll remove the bedrock rating from the OP since it's relatively unfounded.

I'm pretty sure all of the staff supporters of Minecraft have already commented. The vote is obviously very skewed towards agree, but the staff vote is technically two in favor of disagree.

Not to say that regular users do not matter, but I do know that this platform values staff members much higher.
More input might make the vote clearer, though I don't want to bother Antvasima since I know he is very busy.

Would anybody else be willing to help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back