• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minecraft Addition: Creative Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't this open the way for people making like dev testing/map creation versions of characters?

What stops me from making a 'Creative Mode' version of Valheim characters/Ark Characters that are completely immune to damage and can one shot everything in the verse?

Doesn't this open the way for people making like dev testing/map creation versions of characters?

What stops me from making a 'Creative Mode' version of Valheim characters/Ark Characters that are completely immune to damage and can one shot everything in the verse?
The difference is that using Creative Mode in Ark requires cheating with the development console, and dev maps are very clearly made for the sole purpose of testing.

So no, this does not open the door to that. I already exhaustingly addressed the fact that this proposal explicitly rejects Cheat Mode because it's well, a cheat mode. Creative mode in the context of Minecraft specifically is given as an equally valid option, and notably not part of cheat mode.

Edit: I can't speak on Valheim. I know about Ark, though. I've played a lot of it.

Last edited:
Also scaling people to bedrock is dumb considering you can't one shot a zombie with a punch in creative mode.
Yes, we came to that conclusion.
The AP would scale to regular Steve, and the block destruction would fall under environmental destruction.

Possible morality res for ender dragon?
I suppose if this is accepted that would have to be true. Or maybe the world itself changes, and the Ender Dragon is separate from that process somehow.

Given the mystery there, I think "Possibly resistance to Morality Manipulation" would be most appropriate, yes.
By extension, maybe we also use possibly for the player, since this ability might not be from them specifically.

Last edited:
I like the idea, but I feel like it would be hard to implement. What is his strength? His damage is the same for every block, breaking every block with one click. How do we implement the fact he doesn’t take damage? He doesn’t take knockback, arrows go THROUGH him, what do we do?

I like the idea, but I feel like it would be hard to implement. What is his strength? His damage is the same for every block, breaking every block with one click. How do we implement the fact he doesn’t take damage? He doesn’t take knockback, arrows go THROUGH him, what do we do?
His strength is the same as the regular player, with higher environmental destruction.

We have an invulnerability ability on the wiki.

All of this was in the OP though, which tells me you did not read it.

I added both of you. Hopefully the scoreboard is up-to-date now, please let me know if I missed anyone.
I'm waiting on VegetaFan to make a response before I add them, since I'm not sure if they agree or disagree wholly.

Agreed. But quick question, since when he’s in creative mode and all mobs are passive, would the make the morality manip passive or just really quick.
Kinda bummed that there is no cheats
Shouldn’t the player also have resistance to almost all the minecraft effects that are harmful except levitation (but they should maybe have limited resistance since when they fly it doesn’t effect them)

Agreed. But quick question, since when he’s in creative mode and all mobs are passive, would the make the morality manip passive or just really quick.
Kinda bummed that there is no cheats
Shouldn’t the player also have resistance to almost all the minecraft effects that are harmful except levitation (but they should maybe have limited resistance since when they fly it doesn’t effect them)
It would probably be passive, yes.

They can gain resistance to things which don't affect them, I suppose. Though many of them probably fall under Invulnerability, I'd think.
For levitation, it seems that they don't resist it, they can just counteract it with flight.

we can assume that the Ender Dragon still being aggressive in Creative is just either an outlier or mistake/feature in coding.
I disagree with this for the reasons others have stated.
I highly doubt they would leave an obvious thing like that in the code for so long if it were a bug.

Though, even if it technically was, we have no way to confirm that, and it makes sense given the Ender Dragon has many other special properties too, and is the final boss for it to have this one too.

mistakes that popular probably don’t last for…..however long minecraft has been out
Well to be fair, for example, it was said that pigs don’t actually turn into zombie piglins when they get hit by lightning and the reason it still is in is because
I disagree with this for the reasons others have stated.
I highly doubt they would leave an obvious thing like that in the code for so long if it were a bug.

Though, even if it technically was, we have no way to confirm that, and it makes sense given the Ender Dragon has many other special properties too, and is the final boss for it to have this one too.
To be fair it probably IS a coding thing.
Most mobs attack you based on where they see you. If they lose sight they will go near the last place they saw. Creative mode isn’t exactly invisibility but in the game’s code, functions like so. The Ender Dragon, on the other hand, always knows your location, and isn’t based on sight.
wait that just proves your point.
Crap.

Personally I feel like VS Debating stuff was tailored to Survival because of Creative kinda ignoring some rules. At least that's what I always thought. Survival seemed more tailor made for, you know, battle, while Creative was just a mode for fun that allowed you to do whatever you wanted. That's how I always understood it. I guess I don't mind it being listed under a separate key though. So I'll lean towards agree

Personally I feel like VS Debating stuff was tailored to Survival because of Creative kinda ignoring some rules. At least that's what I always thought. Survival seemed more tailor made for, you know, battle, while Creative was just a mode for fun that allowed you to do whatever you wanted. That's how I always understood it. I guess I don't mind it being listed under a separate key though. So I'll lean towards agree
I see what you mean, but being designed for VS Debating isn't a requirement to have a profile.
There's plenty of characters on here whose purpose isn't fighting at all.

I see what you mean, but being designed for VS Debating isn't a requirement to have a profile.
There's plenty of characters on here whose purpose isn't fighting at all.
He was just noting that Creative was a weird case where it's hard to quantify due to being less tailored for actual fights.

He was just noting that Creative was a weird case where it's hard to quantify due to being less tailored for actual fights.
Oh, yes. I suppose.
Thankfully we can just steal the AP from Survival since the mob interactions are the same.
It's basically just adding abilities and changing the durability to an unknown but Far Higher.

me and the boys in the past had used no limits fallacy to say creative mode steve can beat goku
if only that was how it worked here....

I just talked with Ant, and he predictably told me that none of our voices matter.
Since the staff vote is technically in favor of disagree, this can't be applied.

The last knowledgeable staff member left is Crabwhale, and so I've messaged him.
If he either disagrees or doesn't comment, then unfortunately this is the end for Creative Mode.

I just talked with Ant, and he predictably told me that none of our voices matter.
Since the staff vote is technically in favor of disagree, this can't be applied.

The last knowledgeable staff member left is Crabwhale, and so I've messaged him.
If he either disagrees or doesn't comment, then unfortunately this is the end for Creative Mode.
Oh wow, who would've seen that coming....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back