• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minecraft Addition: Creative Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can start a world in Creative Mode just as easily as you can start one in Survival Mode, that's all we know regarding the subject without any lore to base it off of. "Cheats" are considered as a separate option to Creative Mode in-game as you can have creative mode with cheats disabled, which would disable console commands and stuff, but Creative would stay the same.

That feeling when you remember this was, somewhat, a thing...

Joking aside, this seems valid. Creative Mode also has the ability to duplicate specific things such as written signs and filled chests&etc via copying their NBT (CTRL + WheelClick). Is it just "Game Mechanics" or do we count NBT as some sort of "Information manipulation"?

That feeling when you remember this was, somewhat, a thing...

Joking aside, this seems valid. Creative Mode also has the ability to duplicate specific things such as written signs and filled chests&etc via copying their NBT (CTRL + WheelClick). Is it just "Game Mechanics" or do we count NBT as some sort of "Information manipulation"?
There's no way to get custom NBT into the game without cheating, so outside of the vanilla contents of a chest and the sign this doesn't seem particularly relevant. I'd say it'd all just file under creation as well.

for AP I think it could be 'varies from 9-A to 5-C physically' or something since he can one-shot an object with moon level durability but deals normal damage to mobs

it can't just be existence erasure since we see there's a bit of rubble/particles left when steve breaks something, and for it to be existence erasure it has to completely get rid of the object with absolutely nothing left I'm pretty sure
and also we still hear a sound that would correspond to breaking the object physically

Last edited:
I edited the post to reflect the Environmental Destruction, and added what I believe is all the supporters/opponents. Let me know if I'm missing something.

I dislike labeling things as canon or not with Minecraft, since as it is ultimately a sandbox with no sense of canon you can't really assign anything that. Bearing that in mind, I do believe Creative Mode comes down to game mechanics over actual game content.

I'm leaning towards neutral but for now I'll put in my vote for disagree.

I dislike labeling things as canon or not with Minecraft, since as it is ultimately a sandbox with no sense of canon you can't really assign anything that. Bearing that in mind, I do believe Creative Mode comes down to game mechanics over actual game content.

Creative mode is absolutely game mechanics and abilities granted via it shouldn't be treated as literal. It's like saying a character has immortality type 8 because save files exist in the game, without further context it means nothing. I also disagree.

Implying Steve has invulnerability because he takes no damage in creative mode is kind of absurd, it would be like saying a character has invulnerability because they can't be damaged during certain animations (which some characters on the wiki have for some reason)

Same.

Creative mode is absolutely game mechanics and abilities granted via it shouldn't be treated as literal. It's like saying a character has immortality type 8 because save files exist in the game, without further context it means nothing. I also disagree.
I don't see how it is "absolutely" game mechanics when the only "lore" or "canon" in minecraft is rejected now. Especially considering the fact that Creative Mode is one of the core game modes, and there is no true indication of one being more "canon" than the other. Besides, Creative mode in itself doesn't include cheats, which are game mechanics, it just includes some other abilities.
Implying Steve has invulnerability because he takes no damage in creative mode is kind of absurd, it would be like saying a character has invulnerability because they can't be damaged during certain animations (which some characters on the wiki have for some reason)
That's a false equivalency, since its not a game animation or some special technique or input that negates damage, he takes no damage period. It's an intended mechanic.

By that logic Survival Mode isn't canon either, so I struggle to see the argument against Creative Mode in particular.

I've updated the votes, by the way.
I've come down with a cold so I might be a bit slow on that in the future.

By that logic Survival Mode isn't canon either, so I struggle to see the argument against Creative Mode in particular.
Survival is the default mode in which the game is played. However I agree that your point renders things like Spectator or Adventure mode obsolete.

Survival is the default mode in which the game is played. However I agree that your point renders things like Spectator or Adventure mode obsolete.
I don't think we should just assume the default mode is more canon than another. For example Halo I believe says on one of the modes it's the right way to play the game but it's not the default.
Spectator isn't a world type, and Adventure Mode is just Survival Mode.

You keep using that word. "Canon". I don't think it really applies here. Minecraft is a sandbox, it provides ways to play that modify the default rules for the game. Creative makes you invulnerable and able to spawn in whatever, Spectator makes you... well, a spectator. Adventure makes you only able to break blocks with certain tools.

Survival is the default way to play. Can you change that? Sure, but I wouldn't consider it legitimate for profiles. Others seem to agree with me so make of that what you will. At the moment my vote is against.

You keep using that word. "Canon". I don't think it really applies here.
That's sort of my argument. The only difference between Survival and Creative on a legitimacy basis is the fact that one is the default and the other is the second option. It seems like such a superfluous difference to discount the entire game mode. You're the only opponent to respond at all to objection so far, so thanks for that at least. That's all I'll say until further input.

And, in the void of other factors, I feel this is enough.

And no problem, thank you for not losing your head over it. As I said, I'm not strongly in the camp I'm in, but at the moment I follow the logic against more than that in favor.

I think that canon should be the base tools that you can spawn in with minus Cheats, as that's what they are, cheats. Spectator mode isn't an option because it's not a way you can play the game, but Adventure, Survival, and Creative mode are all options. Same with you allowing villages to spawn, it's just a setting, and it's not overpowered, as anybody with cheats mode can one tap.

I think that canon should be the base tools that you can spawn in with minus Cheats, as that's what they are, cheats. Spectator mode isn't an option because it's not a way you can play the game, but Adventure, Survival, and Creative mode are all options. Same with you allowing villages to spawn, it's just a setting, and it's not overpowered, as anybody with cheats mode can one tap.
See, this is sorta why I think a few folks aren't really comprehending. Spectator mode is absolutely a way to play if Creative is- its just boring and you can't do anything. Minecraft has default settings, I'm generally against trying to use sideshow stuff that just modifies those.

See, this is sorta why I think a few folks aren't really comprehending. Spectator mode is absolutely a way to play if Creative is- its just boring and you can't do anything. Minecraft has default settings, I'm generally against trying to use sideshow stuff that just modifies those.
Spectator mode cannot be accessed without Cheat Mode.

It's literally just an addition to the page that has arguable canonicity. At the end of the day it's just more stuff to utilize, it isn't going to have anything negative happen to the key. It has no canon, besides Cheats not being allowed at all, because they're simply game mechanics. Spectator Mode is a game mode that isn't accessible outside of cheats, therefore it's not allowed to be brought up. Adventure Mode doesn't have enough differences to have it's own key, it's just the same as the only key available but the player has Tier 11 Environmental Destruction (hyperbole), but Creative Mode has enough differences from regular Minecraft besides just tiering, and it's available as one of the startup settings.

Minecraft is a game without the usual definition of canonicity, but it's still a game about creativity and using your mind to build whatever you can. Therefore, the games core ideology suggests that creative mode is canon.

That means that Spectator Mode is the equivalent of a ghost in Minecraft, giving the Hardcore mode playing Incorporeality and Invisibility upon death. Kewl.

Ah. I mean, that's just worse than the normal respawning. It would be useless for the sake of this wiki, in the same manner as Adventure Mode. Creative Mode would actually create some interesting matchups.
Yeah, especially since there are still plenty of ways around the Potential BS Creative Mode gives you, like Mindhax for Example.

While a creative mode key would definitely be fun to use on the site, I don't think it should be added. There are large portions of the game, like structures and mobs and achievements, which are clearly designed to be experienced in survival mode rather than creative. Plus, sources outside of the game like trailers + the mobiestary depict the player as being in survival mode, which show that survival mode is the intended (canon, if you will) way to play.

While a creative mode key would definitely be fun to use on the site, I don't think it should be added. There are large portions of the game, like structures and mobs and achievements, which are clearly designed to be experienced in survival mode rather than creative. Plus, sources outside of the game like trailers + the mobiestary depict the player as being in survival mode, which show that survival mode is the intended (canon, if you will) way to play
Iirc, some of the older trailers actually show creative mode (I know that spawn eggs were in one of them)

Minecraft has alot of offical books, I read them, and there about survival mode/: not creative mode if we want to go the "lore and canon" route, So i guess I'm against this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back