• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MinatoSparkle

He/Him
So this is pretty simple. Jonin Minato was able to pierce Gyuki's tail with a kunai. It was in partial transformation state, but there's no reason for partial transformation tails to be weaker.
Who would win, adult Sakura or Minato? - Quora

Gyuki's tail also withstood his own Bijuudama
1erNKz9.jpg

Didn't this also happen like over a decade before BoS? Why would we assume Partial Transformation Bee from over 10 years ago is equal to Part 2 version?

so uh.. what are u trying to upgrade minato to?
Gyuki's durability is island level to small country level, so it would make sense for Minato's AP to be at that level. Or "At least Mountain level+ (Fought and matched the Fourth Raikage and was considered his rival. It was stated that Minato would be the only one able to defeat Orochimaru), possibly Island level to small country level (could cut Gyuki's tentacle), higher with Sage Mode"
And why, exactly, is that the case?
It's in the form that it's in in full tailed beast mode. If it was weaker it would be V2 or something. Since Bee was already a perfect jin at the time there's no reason for him to manifest a version of his tail weaker than the full thing.
It's only a partial transformation. Not the full form
already replied to that
Didn't this also happen like over a decade before BoS? Why would we assume Partial Transformation Bee from over 10 years ago is equal to Part 2 version?
Because the tail's durability comes from Gyuki, not Bee.
Both Base B and Minato were about to get one-shot by each other.
Minato could teleport out of the way before Bee got him, and besides Minato didn't want to kill Bee.

There's no reason for them to be as strong either. Plus, his partial transformation tentacles are much smaller than the full Bijū Mode tentacles, so the logical assumption would be that it's weaker.
There is since it's in the form of the full tailed beast. Also are they smaller? That tentacle is pretty big.

Minato could teleport out of the way before Bee got him, and besides Minato didn't want to kill Bee.
It doesn't change the fact that Minato could pierce Bee's skull with a kunai, and Bee could impale Minato's stomach with a sword. They both could harm each other.
Also, I think it was never confirmed that Minato could blitz Bee and teleport away with only B being the one who got killed.

Yes, Gyūki's tentacles are much, much bigger.
It appears to be bigger, but not much bigger. If anything, it's probably due to Kishimoto's inconsistent portrayal of Bijuus' size.
It doesn't change the fact that Minato could pierce Bee's skull with a kunai, and Bee could impale Minato's stomach with a sword. They both could harm each other.
Also, I think it was never confirmed that Minato could blitz Bee and teleport away with only B being the one who got killed.
Well yeah if Bee actually struck Minato he could do good damage. This isn't a durability upgrade, it's an AP one. And no it wasn't said in the manga, but Minato's relativistic reactions vs Bee even 10+ years later only having sub relativistic reactions probably means Bee couldn't.

It's in the form that it's in in full tailed beast mode. If it was weaker it would be V2 or something. Since Bee was already a perfect jin at the time there's no reason for him to manifest a version of his tail weaker than the full thing.
Y’know, during the War Arc, the partially transformed jinchūriki were only able to match KCM Naruto while the full Bijuu were more powerful than him, showing that full Bijuu > partial transformation.
This isn't a durability upgrade, it's an AP one.
If his AP gets upgraded, then his durability has to be as well. That’s how it works.

I’d also like to note that Minato is consistently stated to rival or even be inferior to Naruto’s initial Rasenshuriken that he used against Kakuzu. That Rasenshuriken is at least 10x weaker than Sage Naruto’s Rasenshuriken, which could be dissipated by Pain, who’s weaker than KCM Naruto, who’s weaker than the War Arc Bijuu, who are comparable to Gyūki. Minato scaling to Gyūki completely ruins the scaling chain, and makes absolutely no sense with what’s stated and shown in the manga.

Cutting parts of Gyuki isn't even something new

Taka Sasuke could cut a whole tail with the Chidori and Gyuki was in full transformation there

Raikage A could cut his horn

Now, I remember that Biju scalling to Kage level fighters had a debate some time ago and apparently was rejected due to 7-A being more consistent

Y’know, during the War Arc, the partially transformed jinchūriki were only able to match KCM Naruto while the full Bijuu were more powerful than him, showing that full Bijuu > partial transformation.

If his AP gets upgraded, then his durability has to be as well. That’s how it works.

I’d also like to note that Minato is consistently stated to rival or even be inferior to Naruto’s initial Rasenshuriken that he used against Kakuzu. That Rasenshuriken is at least 10x weaker than Sage Naruto’s Rasenshuriken, which could be dissipated by Pain, who’s weaker than KCM Naruto, who’s weaker than the War Arc Bijuu, who are comparable to Gyūki. Minato scaling to Gyūki completely ruins the scaling chain, and makes absolutely no sense with what’s stated and shown in the manga.
V2 is not the same as partial transformation.

AP isn't always the same as durability. And even in that case, the Bee thing isn't enough evidence to say Minato's durability isn't comparable to his AP. If Minato actually got pierced then that'd be something, but no. Minato has never actually been injured by anyone other than Juubi Jinchuriki and Kurama. Speaking of, there's also the fact that Minato and Kushina could stop Kurama's claw from reaching Naruto and when Kurama tried to move his claw, he couldn't.

How is he consistently stated as a rival to the rasenshuriken? There's only one statement about it, and plus that was in early Shippuden, which much like Part 1 is often retconned. Such as the fact that Kakuzu could apparently fight Hashirama which is very clearly false. Also Minato scaling to Gyuki doesn't ruin the scaling chain. It actually solidifies Jiraiya's and Ay's statements about Minato seeming unsurpassable. They both knew of Yagura who was apparently a perfect jinchuriki and known for it and Ay personally knew the third raikage who was Gyuki level.
I don't know about that, Gyūki seems to be consistently massive across nearly 200+ chapters. His tentacles are never portrayed as comparable in size to human sized characters.
But the tentacle wasn't comparable in size to Minato either. From what we saw, it was multiple times as thick as Minato and Bee
Naruto Chapter 542 Page 16

Naruto Chapter 413 Page 21

The same thing is true here. It does seem to be bigger, but it's not such a massive difference that it means the discrepancy is an intentional choice made to distinguish the two. The biggest tentacle here is as tall as Bee, give or take, while in the flashback, it's half as tall from this panel but it looks taller than Minato in the panel when he cuts the tail, so yeah (more proof that Kishimoto is inconsistent with Bijuu size!). But that's just the tallest one. There are a few that look even shorter than Bee.

I don't know how you can look at both and say that they're close in size....

Also, you chose a panel where Bee was still in the process of transforming, so obviously he hadn't reached full size yet. The scans I posted were of him in his fully transformed state.

Cutting parts of Gyuki isn't even something new

Taka Sasuke could cut a whole tail with the Chidori and Gyuki was in full transformation there

Raikage A could cut his horn

Now, I remember that Biju scalling to Kage level fighters had a debate some time ago and apparently was rejected due to 7-A being more consistent
Yes, a chidori spear (keep in mind shape transformation on top of chakra nature is considered stronger than one or the other alone), which is specifically a great technique for piercing power

Also a piercing technique, which was used after Gyuki had been fighting the cloud village and was weakened by a lightning attack from Bee's friends' dad that specifically started at his horn. We've never actually seen the limits of Ay's lightning enhanced strikes, other than I guess Madara's Susanoo which isn't exactly an easy thing to break. And he did still damage it.

Well most Kage are 7-A but there are several kage who are arguably Bijuu level, one of the top contenders being Minato. The thing with all the examples of Gyuki being cut is that those are all piercing based attacks, so even if the sheer destructive capacity or even joules of energy are not as high as a bijuudama, it is still enough to damage bijuu level characters.

I don't know how you can look at both and say that they're close in size....

Also, you chose a panel where Bee was still in the process of transforming, so obviously he hadn't reached full size yet. The scans I posted were of him in his fully transformed state.
Several of the tails at the end appeared to be pretty fully formed.

Naruto Chapter 414 Page 1

Even at full size, though it's hard to see, the tails don't appear to be much taller than shortened Jugo, while it was Minato's height in the scan of him cutting Gyuki's tail.

I think that Gyuki's tentacles' durability is very vulnerable to slashing and piercing attacks and they probably don't have the same durability as Gyuki's body (Kind of headcanon but I don't think Sasuke could slice Gyuki's body in half even with his Chidori Spear like he did with Gyuki's tails). And the sharp weapons in Naruto are considered Godly, they allow users to harm much stronger opponents and they can even harm stronger opponents if the sharp weapons are enhanced with the Wind and Lightning's chakra.

V2 is not the same as partial transformation.
I didn’t say V2.
AP isn't always the same as durability.
Your durability scales to your physical AP. If it didn’t, you’d tear your own body apart by trying to attack. This is noted on the Durability page.
Speaking of, there's also the fact that Minato and Kushina could stop Kurama's claw from reaching Naruto and when Kurama tried to move his claw, he couldn't.
The claw literally pierced through both of them, they do not scale to that in any way, shape or form. Hell, that claw LITERALLY KILLED THEM.
How is he consistently stated as a rival to the rasenshuriken? There's only one statement about it, and plus that was in early Shippuden, which much like Part 1 is often retconned.
Incorrect, it is stated numerous times throughout the arc that Naruto is capable of surpassing Minato, and at the end of the arc, Kakashi blatantly says that Naruto wielded jutsu beyond Minato.
Such as the fact that Kakuzu could apparently fight Hashirama which is very clearly false.
Based on what is that false? You can fight someone without scaling to them, y’know. So your cop-out of it being “retconned” is invalid, especially since you provided no evidence to prove that it was supposedly retconned.
Also Minato scaling to Gyuki doesn't ruin the scaling chain.
I already explained how it did. Minato scales to Naruto’s Rasenshuriken, which scales far beneath Gyūki.
It actually solidifies Jiraiya's and Ay's statements about Minato seeming unsurpassable.
Scans?
They both knew of Yagura who was apparently a perfect jinchuriki and known for it and Ay personally knew the third raikage who was Gyuki level.
Gonna need scans of them claiming Minato is unsurpassable before any of this matters. Also Yagura is featless aside from while he was amped by Obito, so that’s useless.

Overall, there’s zero evidence that partial transformations are equal to the full Bijuu, and the displays of the Edo Jinchūriki directly disprove that notion. On top of that, Minato being on the level of the War Arc Bijuu severely contradicts what is said and shown within the verse itself, and there is nothing saying that B during the Third Shinobi World War = B during Part II.

Nothing about this thread works.

Yes, a chidori spear (keep in mind shape transformation on top of chakra nature is considered stronger than one or the other alone), which is specifically a great technique for piercing power

Well Minato used his Kunai for this feat

Overall, there’s zero evidence that partial transformations are equal to the full Bijuu, and the displays of the Edo Jinchūriki directly disprove that notion. On top of that, Minato being on the level of the War Arc Bijuu severely contradicts what is said and shown within the verse itself, and there is nothing saying that B during the Third Shinobi World War = B during Part II.

I agree with this

Bruh, have you heard of perspective......?
I have, but the distance isn't large enough to make a big viewing difference.
I think that Gyuki's tentacles' durability is very vulnerable to slashing and piercing attacks and they probably don't have the same durability as Gyuki's body (Kind of headcanon but I don't think Sasuke could slice Gyuki's body in half even with his Chidori Spear like he did with Gyuki's tails). And the sharp weapons in Naruto are considered Godly, they allow users to harm much stronger opponents and they can even harm stronger opponents if the sharp weapons are enhanced with the Wind and Lightning's chakra.
That indeed sounds like headcanon.
The distance between them as well
Yes, all of 5-10 meters.
I didn’t say V2.

Your durability scales to your physical AP. If it didn’t, you’d tear your own body apart by trying to attack. This is noted on the Durability page.

The claw literally pierced through both of them, they do not scale to that in any way, shape or form. Hell, that claw LITERALLY KILLED THEM.

Incorrect, it is stated numerous times throughout the arc that Naruto is capable of surpassing Minato, and at the end of the arc, Kakashi blatantly says that Naruto wielded jutsu beyond Minato.

Based on what is that false? You can fight someone without scaling to them, y’know. So your cop-out of it being “retconned” is invalid, especially since you provided no evidence to prove that it was supposedly retconned.

I already explained how it did. Minato scales to Naruto’s Rasenshuriken, which scales far beneath Gyūki.

Scans?

Gonna need scans of them claiming Minato is unsurpassable before any of this matters. Also Yagura is featless aside from while he was amped by Obito, so that’s useless.
The jinchuriki weren't in partial transformation though. They were in V2.

Fair enough though I'm not sure that's always true in fiction.

Their durability is not Kurama level, but it's still impressive that they could stop him in his tracks.

It was stated he could surpass him, not that he did. Also Kakashi said Naruto had surpass him, not Minato. Unless you wanna imply Early Shippuden Kakashi is anywhere close to Minato's level which is 110% not true, Naruto was not on Minato's level.

The implication is that it was a real battle that was two sided, given Kakuzu's attitude about it. If he had been beaten severely, he would've not looked so smug about it.

Now that I look at it, the Jiraiya things aren't as solid, but I'll show some scans anyways.
Tsunade Talking about Minato, Not sure how I missed this lol. : Naruto

Who's more talented, Minato or Sasuke? - Quora

There's also the stuff about Minato's talent alone making Jiraiya think he's the child of prophecy/the savior. But Ay's statement is clear.

No Caption Provided

If he knew his dad was stronger than Minato, then he wouldn't have said this. There's also another translation that says "A noble man. A finer shinobi never lived," which could be interpreted to be referring to his character, but it's likely these are separate statements since Ay is the type to care about power when it comes to quality as a shinobi, like he said to Naruto before the FKS. This is supported by him later saying "But even so, even with all his power, why do you think he is not here today to help stop this crisis?"

Yagura was stated in the five kage summit to be able to control his bijuu though.

Show me a scan of a PARTIAL TRANSFORMATION jinchuriki not having the parts of their body transformed being on Bijuu level.

Saying Minato being on Bijuu level contradicting what is shown and said is just conjecture. And like I said, Bee is stronger, but his transformed state is always gonna be at least as powerful as Gyuki alone.

Yet you continously don't actually disprove what I say...

The jinchuriki weren't in partial transformation though. They were in V2.
Funny you say that.
Their durability is not Kurama level, but it's still impressive that they could stop him in his tracks.
No, it’s really not.
It was stated he could surpass him, not that he did. Also Kakashi said Naruto had surpass him, not Minato. Unless you wanna imply Early Shippuden Kakashi is anywhere close to Minato's level which is 110% not true, Naruto was not on Minato's level.
Kakashi said Naruto surpassed him AND he had jutsu beyond Minato’s. Aside from the fact that you can’t prove that Kakashi isn’t on Minato’s level, Naruto’s Rasenshuriken surpassing Minato doesn’t mean Kakashi is on his level so 🦍
The implication is that it was a real battle that was two sided, given Kakuzu's attitude about it. If he had been beaten severely, he would've not looked so smug about it.
That’s entirely your headcanon. All Kakuzu says is that he fought the First Hokage, that’s it. Nothing about it whatsoever implies it was an even fight.
There's also the stuff about Minato's talent alone making Jiraiya think he's the child of prophecy/the savior.
Talent = skill, not AP.
Tell me the chapter this was from, and I’ll get the official translation to confirm what he says.
Yagura was stated in the five kage summit to be able to control his bijuu though.
And? Pre-War Arc Bijuu are not impressive in the slightest, Matatabi was barely able to overpower Kakuzu.
Saying Minato being on Bijuu level contradicting what is shown and said is just conjecture.
Ah ah ah, I never said Minato being on Bijuu level was the issue. In fact, I believe Minato could solo the Two through Seven-Tails... before the War Arc, that is. The Bijuu are accepted here as being far stronger during the War Arc than during early Part II, and those Bijuu scale far above Minato.
And like I said, Bee is stronger, but his transformed state is always gonna be at least as powerful as Gyuki alone.
You have not proven this.
Yet you continously don't actually disprove what I say...
Mmm I have, and several other people in this thread have as well.

That is a very clearly different partial transformation to Bee's transformations. Bee's partial tail reached a long distance and was much thicker, so even if those partial transformations aren't bijuu level (which isn't actually proven by the size difference, could be a stylistic choice to make it look better), it doesn't say the same thing about Bee.
Amazing, so the distance and the perspective that we're viewing Gyuki at is no different if he were up close then in your opinion
It's not no different, but it's not a long enough distance that it'll make a significant difference. The couch I'm looking at several meters away isn't that much bigger when I walk right up to it.

That is a very clearly different partial transformation to Bee's transformations. Bee's partial tail reached a long distance and was much thicker, so even if those partial transformations aren't bijuu level (which isn't actually proven by the size difference, could be a stylistic choice to make it look better), it doesn't say the same thing about Bee.
This is the only verse where I see the members arguing against the art.
It's the same damn thing.

It's not no different, but it's not a long enough distance that it'll make a significant difference. The couch I'm looking at several meters away isn't that much bigger when I walk right up to it.
So you really think that the Tentacle that Minato cut is comparable to the one Sasuke cut, when the the one Sasuke cut is easily larger than Karin while the one Minato cut was roughly his size?

Dude, come on now, the size difference is clear as day.

That indeed sounds like headcanon.
It is headcanon but it also is acknowledged by most of Naruto's readers. People with common sense will think that it wouldn't make sense if Sasuke could actually slice Gyuki in half with Chidori Spear. Pretty sure he can only do that to Gyuki's tails. Therefore, slicing or destroying Gyuki's tails won't make your AP scale to his body's durability.

This is the only verse where I see the members arguing against the art.
It's the same damn thing.
How is a half meter mini tail the same as the actual tentacle of Gyuki?
So you really think that the Tentacle that Minato cut is comparable to the one Sasuke cut, when the the one Sasuke cut is easily larger than Karin while the one Minato cut was roughly his size?
But it was larger than Minato too. Even in the biggest shots of Gyuki the tails look less than twice people's heights. Very different from the exponential difference between the edo jinchuriki tails and their full bodies.
Dude, come on now, the size difference is clear as day.
Like I said, it does look bigger in the full shots, but it's not an exponential obvious difference like with the edo jinchuriki, so it's not enough to prove those tails are weaker.
It is headcanon but it also is acknowledged by most of Naruto's readers. People with common sense will think that it wouldn't make sense if Sasuke could actually slice Gyuki in half with Chidori Spear. Pretty sure he can only do that to Gyuki's tails. Therefore, slicing or destroying Gyuki's tails won't make your AP scale to his body's durability.
If he tried to cut Gyuki in half, he would just interrupt him with a tail whip or a bijuudama or something, but if Gyuki simply stood still and let Sasuke do it, he could be cut in half.

Oh I was watching some Naruto scaling videos and I came upon an interesting realization. During Naruto's fight with Kurama, he had Bee's assistance, and his partial transformation hand was able to catch a bijuudama and not evaporate immediately, even managing to supress it when he morphed his partial transformed hand into a head. So sounds like more good evidence of partial transformations not being weaker. Unless you wanna go with the idea that the hand and head are more durable than the tail, in which case, no, but go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back