• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Might Guy upgrade

Guy is listed as Country+ for obliterating Rikudo Madara's left side and almost killing him in the process but Rikudo Madara has Continent level durability so Shouldn't Guy be listed as Continent level? He was able to do much more damage to Madara than Naruto and Sasuke were, and one Rinnegan Madara was capable of tanking Naruto's Tailed Beast Rasenshurikens which are listed as Continent level.

Darkness552 said:
i thought Guy only attacked Madara when he was only at the time Country Level
Well Obito is listed as Continent level durability and Madara is stronger than him. Also Madara with one Rinnegan was able to tank Six Paths Naruto's Tailed Beast Rasenshurikens which are listed as Continent level.

The Everlasting said:
Sage Madara is only Country Level according to his profile.
That is outdated though because Obito is accepted as Continent level and Sage Madara with one Rinnegan was superior to him. Also Madara with one Rinnegan could tank Six Paths Naruto's Continent level attacks which would later be used to destroy his Chibaku Tensei meteors (Calced at Continent level) and which didn't do near as much damage to him as Guy's attacks did.

CHILLVIBEZZ said:
Came into this thread expecting Gai disorting space but yeah you seem to be making sense
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Lowered Expectations ~

But yeah, Gai totes deserves an upgrade, he blasted the hell out of Madara with Night Guy (If anything, Night Guy should get the boost since it's a one-shot attack, though.

Actually Gai's gate should be capable of being scaled by Lee who is inferior to him in the Last yet destroyed a huge part of a meteor in his sixth gate. Island Level.

Seems appropriate, in my opinion, Gai is the best character in the series without thinking of DC, I wish Lee had more of a part played but... what's done is over.

While we're mentioning upgrades, I believe that the Town Level Daytime Tiger is incorrect. On the right-hand side of the scan you can see the Turtle Island is smaller than the shockwave of Daytime Tiger. If the shockwave was that large, wouldn't the technique be around Island Level + in power at the very least?

Also, I think this is incorrect too: Country Level+ (should be this durable due to him being able to fight against Rikudo Madara and seemingly tanking hits)

^ Seemingly taking hits? From who, Madara? No. The usage of Gates has always put the users body in a terrible condition, which is why it's called a double-edged sword. In the 8th Gate, Guy's body is literally falling apart. The red aura around his body is his blood escaping his body. In fact, before Naruto saved his life he was turning into ash. Basically, I don't see how he could have afforded to take any hits from Madara given his very delicate condition. C
ountry Level+ seems like too much though.

I mean Non... that's what I just said. Gai is superior to Lee, he should be scaled to Lee if not show greater feats with his sixth gate, so Gai could be even stronger than that. With Seventh Gate being at least Island Level + or even higher, so it only makes sense that the strongest upgrade gives him that much power.

The use of the gates does break down the users body with the immense forces one exerts. But I thought because he could tank that force even a bit he should at least be a Country Level individual. He never took a direct hit from him though, so maybe that's wrong, the Gates also break down the body, they don't increase one's defense or strengthen them. So yeah, I think Nonny is right.

@Davy0: Hmm, you did say. I thought you were talking about the 6th Gate only though. But I agree with what you said.

6th Gate Guy: City Level

7th Gate Guy: Island Level-Island Level+

8th Gate Guy: Continent level+

I don't think we can prove that Six Gates Guy>Six Gates Lee even though Guy's Sixth Gate was stronger during the war, because Six Gates Lee has a better feat and could have been just training a lot and got much stronger by the Last Movie. But yeah Seventh Gate Guy's Daytime Tiger should probably get an upgrade, but I saw an OBD calc that only puts it at Small City level.

The sheer fact that Gai can use the seventh and eighth gates to fight is enough reason. The gates are painstaking to acquire, taking a bunch of effort to use in the first place. Guy has greater stamina, power, and speed than Lee does normally, all the Gates do is amplify those traits further.

Guy didnt tank any hits from madara but he survived the force from his fists punching madara ( check newton's 3rd law).

Also if we upgrade Guy's Daytime tiger then Kisame gets a durability upgrade.

Is it possible that I may simply have made a mistake in allowing Obito to be upgraded? I thought that he was almost as powerful as Madara at his peak?

Well, if the logic is that Might Gai > Madara > Obito, we either have the option to upgrade Gai, and possibly Madara, or to downgrade Obito.

Then again, I thought that Madara was more powerful than Sage Obito first after he absorbed the 10-tails himself?

Gai is above them with night Guy ,while evening elephant is a little below them.Obito had the same powersorce with madara and madara is high continent level with a casual feat, i am pretty sure obito is at least low continent level.We should also not forget that obito wasnt fighting to kill ,he was trying to convince naruto that the world is rotten etc.

It's not an option. What's closer to the truth, the statement about Gai's Superior fighting power over Madara which leads to him being Continent Busting, or the Country Busting that Gai has while Madara is considers him on par. And as I said before, Night Guy is Continent Busting, the Evening Elephants only cracked the shells of Madara's balls.

As far as i recall, gai hurt madara before madara preformed his continet feat or even got his second rinnegan, which means back when madara himself was countryleve via powerscaling from obito's feats, which means gai should be staying put where he is...

Madara survived naruto's rasenshuriken even before getting his power ups,which would give him continent level durability

What I wonder is if regular resurrected Madara with rinnegan was truly stated to be superior to sage Obito, without being in sage mode himself?

Regural madara is wordls below obito, once obito became a jinchuuriki madara had no power over him, he said he was going to use a trump card to switch places with obito but nothing like that was ever demonstrated

Okay, so regular rinnegan Madara should stay at country level, Sage Obito and Sage Madara at continent level, and Gai be scaled to them?

Antvasima said:
Okay, so regular rinnegan Madara should stay at country level, Sage Obito and Sage Madara at continent level, and Gai be scaled to them?
Yes. I think that's pretty accurate.

Then no ,regural madara is island+. SO6P madara and obito are continent level and night guy is continent level for one shotting madara

Okay, then unless other staff members object, I think that you should feel free to upgrade Might Gai.

i think it would be fine for the upgrade if Guy really one shotted Madara when he was at Continent level

Back