• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Might Guy (Eighth Gate) vs Nappa (0-9-0) (GRACE)

Lee, Neji, and Tenten looked on in shock as Guy spoke. "I'm sorry, my friends. But he is far too powerful. I have no choice but to use the Eight Gate." The tension in the air was palpable as Guy's body began to glow with a deep crimson aura. "This is the peak of youth!" he shouted.
"It's the time to burn, deep crimson! Eighth Gate of Death, Open!"

Nappa watched in horror as the aura intensified, enveloping Guy in a violent crimson glow. His scouter beeped frantically as he sensed Guy's power level skyrocketing, far surpassing his own. Nappa gritted his teeth, powering up even further. He knew this would be one of the hardest challenges he had ever faced.

Might Guy (Eighth Gate) vs Nappa

Might Guy's Profile:
AP: Low 5-B+, 39,1 Zettatons of TNT
(scales to Ten Tails One Rinnegan Madara, who scales to half of Hagoromo's Moon Calc), higher with Sekizo, even higher with Night Guy.
Durability: Low 5-B+ 39,1 Zettatons of TNT, (his body starts breaking apart the moment he uses the Eight Gate. But he should still be able withstand the brunt of many of his own attacks.)
Speed: Relativistic, At least 0.283c. (Superior to Ten Tails One Rinnegan Madara, who is far superior to Revived Madara, who is superior to Edo Madara, who scales to this feat.)
Specialties: Expert hand to hand combatant. In this state, he can punch and kick the air rapidly to have Pseudo-Flight and fire powerful compressed air blast.
Weakness: The Eighth Gate itself lasts a limited amount of time. And Guy will die after using it.

Nappa's Profile:
AP: Low 5-B, 19,81 Zettatons of TNT (scales slightly below Base Goku, who is slightly more than one-third as powerful as Vegeta, who is baseline 5-B) up to 5-B, 198 Zettatons with Oozaru (10 times as strong as his base form, although it's unlikely he will use this.)
Durability: Low 5-B, 19,81 Zettatons of TNT, (comparable to his AP) up to 5-B, 198 Zettatons with Oozaru
Speed: Relativistic+, At least 0.543c. (Superior to Piccolo after his training, who before his training fired a beam at the moon this fast)
Specialties: Powerful energy blasts and quite capable in hand-to-hand combat. Can freely fly. As a Saiyan, Nappa can grow stronger through combat.
Weakness: Nappa is overconfident and prone to blind rage if he finds himself losing a fight. Oozaru is unusable without a moon.

Battle takes place in a forest not too far away from Konohagakure. Speed is unequalized. Starting distance between the combatants is 100 meters.

Votes:
Might Guy:
Nappa: 1st_Virtue_Of_Pure_Void, Bad Systems, Nierre, BrackishBrineBroth, Popted2, Magicomethkuon, Myguy, Da3ggman, Naeblis495.
Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Guy is stronger and more skilled, but he will die if he takes too long. Meanwhile, Nappa > Piccolo > Krillin > Yamcha > Raditz > earlier Piccolo > weighted piccolo > the speed value he uses.

Yeah Nappa is much faster, he has a higher calc value.

Meanwhile for Guy

0.283c = Edo Madara < Revived Madara < SM Revived Madara < SM 1 Rinnegan Madara < 1 Rinnegan Juubidara = Eighth Gate Guy < Sekizo
< Night Guy

Well, here is the thing

In this fight Nappa might just stand there to take guy head on just like how madara did against guy when he did that dragon kick thing

the only problem here is that unlike madara nappa cant regen so...

In my head nappa tries to win a clash with guy/trues to tank anything that guy throws at him and gets destroyed

Voting guy

Last edited:
Well, here is the thing

In this fight Nappa might just stand there to take guy head on just like how madara did against guy when he did that dragon kick thing

In my head nappa tries to win a clash with guy/trues to tank anything that guy throws at him and gets destroyed

Voting guy
Why, does Eight Gates Guy have dura neg? The gap isn't big enough for a one-shot afaik.

Why, does Eight Gates Guy have dura neg? The gap isn't big enough for a one-shot afaik.
Night Guy completely obliterated Juubidara's left side, he almost died (Madara even said this himself), and he would've died right then and there if he didn't have Regen.

Nappa is only about half as durable as Juubidara. Night Guy would one-shot him for sure, that is if Guy can actually land a hit on him with it.

Night Guy completely obliterated Juubidara's left side, he almost died (Madara even said this himself), and he would've died right then and there if he didn't have Regen.

Nappa is only about half as durable as Juubidara. Night Guy would one-shot him for sure, that is if Guy can actually land a hit on him with it.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Guy completely wither out after that attack? Just wanna know.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Guy completely wither out after that attack? Just wanna know.
Yeah his body would turn to ash after that attack if Naruto didn't save him. It's his last resort if Sekizo didn't work.

I forgot how the Wiki treats this, but if one character uses a suicide attack to kill their opponent at the cost of their own life would this be considered a W or an Incon?

Yeah his body would turn to ash after that attack if Naruto didn't save him. It's his last resort if Sekizo didn't work.

I forgot how the Wiki treats this, but if one character uses a suicide attack to kill their opponent at the cost of their own life would this be considered a W or an Incon?
incon

I'm not sure exactly. Does Might Guy immediately go in with his strongest moves while using the Eighth Gate btw?

If Nappa is dumb enough to let Guy punch him he would take serious damage since Guy is about as strong as Kaioken x2 Goku here without even using the later steps of Sekizo. I don't think Nappa is that dumb though, and it isn't really in character for Guy to goad on Nappa to take his attacks head on.

I'm not sure exactly. Does Might Guy immediately go in with his strongest moves while using the Eighth Gate btw?
Night Guy is last resort once his time is almost out. He immediately starts with Sekizo or just regular punches if the opponent is close enough.

If Nappa is dumb enough to let Guy punch him he would take serious damage since Guy is about as strong as Kaioken x2 Goku here without even using the later steps of Sekizo. I don't think Nappa is that dumb though, and it isn't really in character for Guy to goad on Nappa to take his attacks head on.
After being told about Goku's over 9K power level, he still decided to run straight at him. It's not that he'd let Guy punch him, but in CQC (which Nappa starts with) I'd say he's likely gonna eat some hits.

If Nappa tries to reads Guy's PL with his scouter, it will display a number of 15000-16000. I feel like even Nappa would be more careful once he reads a PL number multiple times of his own.

Then again considering Guy's PL in 7th Gate would be less than 300 he would probably think the Scouter is broken or something, especially considering that Guy is still slower than him.

Voting Nappa. He's definitely fast enough and smart enough to dodge the massive attacks, and can outspeed Guy for the first tag. Like with Goku, after he sees that close range he isn't shit, he's going to go for long range Ki blasts. He can summon these blasts in your general area as well, he doesn't need to blast them in the form of a ray (2:58). Guy has a time limit on his form, and Nappa should be able to dodge Night Guy.

Guy can launch air blasts that should be able to overpower Nappa's beams. And he is more durable than Nappa so he wouldn't take that much damage from them.

I feel like Guy winning here somewhat relies on Nappa making a mistake, if he ever underestimates Guy just from how slow he was or how weak he was before busting out the 8th Gate, he'll take a compressed air blast to the face that will heavily injure him.

On the other hand, if Nappa plays his cards right he can simply dodge and outlast Guy until Guy just turns to ash on his own. But unlike Goku who can tell if his opponent is literally breaking apart with sheer power thanks to his own experience with the Kaioken, Nappa has no way of knowing Guy's weakness. If he wins via outlasting, all Nappa sees is Guy suddenly dropping dead and turning to ash.

Last edited:
Nappa may take a hit or two for being overconfident but once he realise that Guy is much stronger than him , he might just run circles around him with his superior speed until Guy drop dead.

Great match and setup BTW.

I think I'll vote Nappa High Diff. Much like Naeblis said, I thnk Nappa will take a few heavy hits at first, but once realizing he's actually faster than him, and also seeing Guy's body break apart as he continues to fight, he might just play the long/waiting game.

Great match and setup BTW.

I think I'll vote Nappa High Diff. Much like Naeblis said, I thnk Nappa will take a few heavy hits at first, but once realizing he's actually faster than him, and also seeing Guy's body break apart as he continues to fight, he might just play the long/waiting game.
Vote counted, 4 more for grace.
Nappa may take a hit or two for being overconfident but once he realise that Guy is much stronger than him , he might just run circles around him with his superior speed until Guy drop dead.
Would you like to vote for Nappa as well?

Well, here is the thing

Voting guy
Nappa would have a scouter on him at the start. He's not stupid enough to try tanking something for laughs after it tells him about Guy's power. Also he's much faster afaik.

1. Problem in OP it says Might Guy vs Eight Gates Guy.
2. Think I'm leaning Guy. Nappa doesn't know the difference in power between himself and Guy. Dodging is ooc as when Krillin threw a Kienzan at him he straight up tried to tank it before Vegeta told him not to. He is also shown tanking attacks from the lower Z Fighters. Look at when Gohan gets enraged and blasts at him. He doesn't just dodge it, he decided to slap it away.
3. I'm sorry but Nappa just outrunning Guy until his form runs out seems very ooc as he doesn't even know Night Guy runs out. He'd probably just keep attacking even if he knew Guy was stronger. He tried the exact same thing with Goku.

Not voting yet as I'm waiting for counterarguments.

Alright now that's five votes. Two more for graace.
It's one more, I'm also voting Nappa. Looking back on his fight against the Z warriors, he wasn't trying to tank most of their hits even when they were much weaker. It is certain that he'll evade Guy at every opportunity.

2. Think I'm leaning Guy. Nappa doesn't know the difference in power between himself and Guy. Dodging is ooc as when Krillin threw a Kienzan at him he straight up tried to tank it before Vegeta told him not to. He is also shown tanking attacks from the lower Z Fighters purely on the basis of thinking they are weak.
3. I'm sorry but Nappa just outrunning Guy until his form runs out seems very ooc as he doesn't even know Night Guy runs out. He'd probably just keep attacking even if he knew Guy was stronger. He tried the exact same thing with Goku.

1. Shit, I'll fix that real quick. Thank you.
2. The difference here is that Nappa knows their PL is weak, and he just soloed most of the Z Fighters with not that much effort. It just so happens that Krillin's Kienzan is much more powerful than Krillin himself or any of his other attacks.
3. Fair argument.

Oh so he knows Guys power? I thought that was just you storytelling. Guy doesn't even have Ki wtf, how does that work?

Oh so he knows Guys power? I thought that was just you storytelling. Guy doesn't even have Ki wtf, how does it work?
IIRC, using SBA and UES means Nappa will be able to read Guy's Power Level with his scouter. Nappa has his scouter as standard equipment.

IIRC, using SBA and UES means Nappa will be able to read Guy's Power Level with his scouter. Nappa has his scouter as standard equipment.
I don't think Ki and Chakra are similar enough for him to sense Ki. Scouters can't even pick up on God Ki and it's literally a type of ki.

2. Think I'm leaning Guy. Nappa doesn't know the difference in power between himself and Guy. Dodging is ooc as when Krillin threw a Kienzan at him he straight up tried to tank it before Vegeta told him not to. He is also shown tanking attacks from the lower Z Fighters purely on the basis of thinking they are weak.

2. Nappa knows there's a threat because of a scouter being part of his standard equipment. Dodging isn't ooc, he still opted to evade plenty of the attacks thrown at him by opponents with no chance of winning. He never tried to take one from Goku on purpose.
3. Not running away. Evading while fighting. Don't remember if the multiplication technique scene was in the manga but if it is...When it comes to people slower than him, Nappa fought and dodged no less than 6 at once. Nappa is no total slouch at strategical thinking. After Vegeta told him Focus!, he was fighting much better against Goku, all disadvantages considered.

I don't think Ki and Chakra are similar enough for him to sense Ki. Scouters can't even pick up on God Ki and it's literally a type of ki.
Verse Equalization takes care of that.
Verse equalization: Similar supernatural aspects of verses get equalized in a reasonable fashion. So a supernatural energy that almost everyone in a Verse has, which is necessary to fight the characters of said Verse, will be assumed to be the equivalent energy that the opponents use in their techniques so that a proper fight can happen.
God Ki isn't a power that almost everyone in the DB has. Ki and Chakra are.

Dodging is ooc as when Krillin threw a Kienzan at him he straight up tried to tank it before Vegeta told him not to. He is also shown tanking attacks from the lower Z Fighters. Look at when Gohan gets enraged and blasts at him. He doesn't just dodge it, he decided to slap it away.
He was dodging AND blocking attacks from Tien, Krillin and Piccolo

Not running away. Evading while fighting. Don't remember if the multiplication technique scene was in the manga but if it is...When it comes to people slower than him, Nappa fought and dodged no less than 8 at once. Nappa is no total slouch at strategical thinking. After Vegeta told him Focus!, he was fighting much better against Goku, all disadvantages considered.
Yeah sorry I meant evading and dodging, not outright running away lol. He was easily dodging Tien, Krillin AND Piccolo's attacks and they all scale to him in speed iirc. Guy, who is slower, is going to be very easy to dodge. Granted once Guy starts throwing out the bigger attacks, it won't be easy, but flight is most definitely an option.

Either way wouldn't he just think the scouter was broken like against Goku? Or is that a reach?

He probably will, but the moment Guy lands his first attack it will be abundantly clear for Nappa that the scouter wasn't lying to him.

Although, you could argue that the few hits Guy lands on Nappa would deal too much damage for him to win. Literally the first air blast he fired sent Madara flying to the ground and broke one of his horns even when blocking it partially with his staff, later on Guy was drawing blood from Madara. Madara here is twice as durable as Nappa and has Regen.

On the other side, we also see that Nappa gets low-diffed by Kaioken x2 Goku, who should be on a similar level to Guy here in terms of AP. But do note that KKx2 Goku is twice as fast as Nappa.

He probably will, but the moment Guy lands his first attack it will be abundantly clear for Nappa that the scouter wasn't lying to him.

Although, you could argue that the few hits Guy lands on Nappa would deal too much damage for him to win. Literally the first air blast he fired sent Madara flying to the ground and broke one of his horns even when blocking it partially with his staff, later on Guy was drawing blood from Madara. Madara here is twice as durable as Nappa and has Regen.

On the other side, we also see that Nappa gets low-diffed by Kaioken x2 Goku, who should be on a similar level to Guy here in terms of AP. But do note that KKx2 Goku is twice as fast as Nappa.
Nappa had a reason to believe the Scouter was broken because last they checked on Goku, he was getting dragged across the dance floor by Raditz.

Nappa had a reason to believe the Scouter was broken because last they checked on Goku, he was getting dragged across the dance floor by Raditz.
Fair enough.

Although, if Nappa saw Guy's 8th gate activation he probably also wouldn't believe the guy he's fighting can suddenly increase his PL from less than 300 to nearly 16000. But I dunno if pre-fight scenarios are relevant in VS threads.

Back