• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Midora Time Resistant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just wondering why Midora hasn't been added to have time resistance in his powers and abilities? Is it not accepted or just not added? Chapter 336 shows Teppei being affected by this collosal spider's time abilities of being able to pause and rewind attacks to change it into his favor, but the next chapter has Midora just standing there as it tries to rewind Midora...Is it there or is it under reactive evolution...?

Oh i remember that chapter. The funny thing is taht even though the Toriko wiki actually listed him as having taht power and i've been there plenty of times when looking at the profiles there, i never bothered to add that onto his page here. Whoops. ^^;

Edit: Oh wait, it said that Mohyan's (the spider guy) ability is based on the manipulation of a person's movement rather that manipulating time itself?

This is what the Toriko wiki put this as:

"His main ability allows him to stop, revert, or accelerate movements in a certain area, allowing him to cancel an unfavorable turn of events and instantly modify his tactics to gain the upper hand. However, since whoever is subject to the technique is fully aware of what is going on, even though they cannot counter it, Mohyan's ability seems to be centered on the manipulation of movements, rather than of time itself. Exceptionally powerful individuals, like Midora, have displayed complete immunity to this power."

Is there actual proof that it's legit time manipulation in the manga though or what?

Not necessarily. Just because somebody wrote it here does not confirm of deny it either. Perhaps "Possibly Time Manipulation Resistance" would be the most fitting?

Hmm idk, Battle.

Now that i know this (yet still have no idea who did Mohyan's edit on that one), i don't think that would be fitting. More on the fact that to me, Motion Control =/= Time Manipulation in any sense, shape or form. Well it MIGHT be given that it involes stopping, accelerating, and rewinding a person's actions, but the thing is that not only was the victim (i.e Teppei) was concious when he was affected by Moyhan's ability, but he was still able to think and be aware of what was happening. Actual time manipulation (as in examples with JJBA and other verse's) don't allow that to happen.

I, however, would not mind either way (at least based on what Ant point out but i'm still very unsure about this) but i'd like to have more people give their input on this before we put that on to Midora's page.

Hmm. If Teppei was aware of what was happening, then I agree that it does not seem to be time manipulation. Mohyan's page probably has to be adjusted as well.

How's this? From the very bottom left, Teppei was shown to be surprised when he was "stopped".

Is that how affected victims of time stop supposed to feel?

No. It is not. They would be unaware of it.

So that pretty much confirms that what Moyhan did was control his victims movements, not time itself.

I have done so. The funny thing is taht even Mohyan's page here had the same description as what it was said on the Toriko wiki.

Though this does give Midora resistance to any motion manipulation powers.....give or take.

It's definitely not better than time resistance/manipulation, however.

Yes. You can add resistance to motion manipulation if you wish.

No problem. Given that now this "idea" was cleared up and Midora and Mohyan's pages have been revised accordingly, i will now close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back