• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
He could wipe out half the universe''''s population''' with a snap of his fingers and then he did.

Also vaporizing trillions (stated by Doctor Strange) is in the Tier 6 range and is nothing impressive outside of the super-accurate targeting over universal distance.

Awakened Thor would be around the High 6-A at least in terms of durability considering he took the full force of a neutron star for several minutes.

Just a small edit to Thor's page, Infinity War states he's 1,500 Years Old, Thor is listed at 1,053 Years Old still, just thought I'd point it out

Here's what I got for the ages

<10,000: Loki says that Asgardians can live a human lifespan + 5,000 years , Odin's dad fought the Dark Elves a "Millennia ago" (though this is admitattly pretty vague), in Agents of Shield you meet a Asgardian that looks about mid 30s to early 50s and he's 3,000+ years old

10,000-100,000: Odin has ruled Asgard for "thousands upon thousands" of years , Odin is outright said to have lived for over ten thousand years , Hela is so old that Thor thought she was just a myth to scare children (apologies for the bad quaility)

100,000+: Basically just this one line and nothing else

If I had to rationalize it, I would say that the "Allfather" of Asgard has a longer lifespan than normal while the average Asgardian lives for about 5-6 thousand years. The half a million years thing seems to just be Thor over exaggerating

The MCU wiki has these elaborate and neat calculations that place Odin's birth at 3480 B.C. (Though they don't account for that tens of thousands statement) and Hela's at 679 B.C. Loki was directly shown in the movies to have been born in 965 A.D. and Thor is at most a year older (Since he says they were both 8 when Loki turned himself into a snake).

There's also the fact that Odin is shown to be a decade or so younger by 965 than in 2010, so he ages at a roughly comparable rate to a normal Asgardian.

So, going by those, Odin and Hela would be 5,495 and 2,694 during Ragnarok, while Thor and Loki would be 1,054 and 1,053 by Infinity War.

The MCU wiki in general is really good at accounting for dates like that.

> (Though they don't account for that tens of thousands statement)

I can see it working like that then. The 10k+ stuff comes from the Thor 1 and Ragnarok novelizations which is likely lower on the canon totem pole than the movies themselves.

Yeah, just get his raw strength from his durability. Why not do that? We can scale Thanos, Strange, and Iron Man accordingly.

Because there's no prove his durability = his AP

Thanos should be 6-A still for wrecking Thor, and Thor might scale to that, though I'm not sure.

Should we use the MCU wiki ages for our profiles as well?

I would stick to the movies and what they say or imply. The MCU wiki seems to be using tie in novels and comics to help them out.

All the MCU wiki uses to calculate ages is reference points with the real life actors (Mainly in the case of Asgardians) and real life development/events.

Of course, these ages are still just fan theory, so I don't know if they're certain enough to use on profiles as opposed to the approximations given in the movies.

Seriously look at this, it's amazing.

Fan theory guess work VS actual word of mouth from a guy telling you exactly how old he is . . .

This shouldn't even be up for debate.

>Fan Theory

Thor literally has a given birthyear in the MCU. He cannot be 1,500 years old. The line is incorrect.

I read your earlier post dude. Lokie was a gven birth year in the MCU (and even that might not be accurate since we don't know how he'd age as a baby). Thor's Birthyear is given . . . in Avengers Four!

• Bonus fan theory for you to snack on*

Maybe Dr.Strange has been messing with the timelines for chuckles :p

They outright show Loki as an infant in 965 A.D. in Thor 1, and given what Thor has said he can't be more than a year older than Loki if he's able to describe a time when they were both the same age.

I think we'd best stick to Thor being 1052 as of Ragnarok and Infinity War (965 AD) since it was given by an omniscient narrator instead of Thor who may or may not have been exaggerating.

The MCU retcons the time lines a lot. Spider-man homing suggests it takes place in 2020 (jumps foward 8 years when Toomes loses his contract) but then stark in IW corrects homecoming. Why not just assume the MCU is retconing thor's age?

Gemmysaur said:
Spider-Man is a one-off problem I think since Sony had a lot of crap to do with it.
That said, maybe we can agree to disagree and just put Thor at "At least 1052 years old, possibly around 1500".
Time dilation? He spent time in space searching for infinity stones, as per Ragnarok and then had clairvoyant dreams of Ragnarok. So time could've also of moved much faster in surturs realm. It would explain Thor saying odin stopped surtur half a million years ago. Because for surtur, it had been that long. And everything else falls into place.

7th Ki'oon said:
Time dilation? He spent time in space searching for infinity stones, as per Ragnarok and then had clairvoyant dreams of Ragnarok. So time could've also of moved much faster in surturs realm. It would explain Thor saying odin stopped surtur half a million years ago. Because for surtur, it had been that long. And everything else falls into place.
The Odin point is moot. It was an exaggeration on his part, evident in his tone when he said, "like half a milion years ago".

Muspelheim was said to be a natural dyson sphere though so I don't know if time dilation happens there, as the only one confirmed to be such is Sakaar, but Thor only spent a few days at best there.

Lastly, he mentioned that Ultron happened 2 years ago, when he met Hulk in Sakaar.

What I'm curious about is how did Thor do his searching for 2 years when he didn't have access to the Bifrost. He mentioned that the 9 realms are in chaos, implying that he visited a few. He didn't know Heimdall was away due to being accused of treason, and he didn't know the new gate keeper. It also doesn't make sense for Loki to not immediately remove a threat at kingship as big as Heimdall.

Thor spends two years searching for the Infinity Stones, can't find a single one.

Thanos spends less than a day searching for the Infinity Stones, finds all of them.

Back