• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Is it Kaminari's lightning? And if it is, can we even scale its elemental damage to AP?
I agree with scaling from Bakugo though. I'm not sure how long Dark Shadow lasted, but it's a good feat being able to defend against a brute force attack that has an additional elemental effect that DS is weak against. From what I remember.

Kaminari's Quirk has a High 8-C+ rating right now, which I find a little weird.

Bakugo's fight was mostly offscreen, we saw the end where it was stated that Tokoyami has been on the defensive for awhile now. While nothing says he injured Bakugo, who doesn't even have a bruise on him, at the least he's been blocking his attacks.

So I think High 8-C+ dura via taking attacks from Bakugo should be fine.

Bakugo's attacks can vary in strength quite a lot, can't they? How do we know he was using High 8-C+ attacks against Dark Shadow?

His physical abilities scale to High 8-C, and it makes little sense for Bakugo to purposefully exploit Dark Shadow's weakness to light when he can just one shot him.

Dark Shadow isn't Tokoyami either, so doing that wouldn't even hurt him. Bakugo himself was also looking rather frustrated by the time we see them, even stating that DS's defense was annoying. So I imagine he's been trying and failing to break through, until he realized DS was getting weaker from the light of his explosions.

And finished the fight with a Stun Grenade. I think it's a fair assumption to make.

I reread their fight and yeah, I think Dark Shadow should scale, Bakugo should've been going all-out against Dark Shadow who has been taking his explosions point blank.

Bakugo also only used Stun Grenade after he was able to maneuver behind Tokoyami and DS, that speaks something for Dark Shadow's defenses, at least.

Bakugo’s explosions are weird as heck to scale here. Isn’t High8C+ just for his serious attacks? He doesn’t hit anywhere near that hard normally (at this point in the story anyway)

Bakugo’s explosions are weird as heck to scale here. Isn’t High8C+ just for his serious attacks? He doesn’t hit anywhere near that hard normally (at this point in the story anyway)
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

These four explosions in the movie come to form a blast 245 meters in diameter... how are we supposed to believe that Bakugo's regular attacks in the Sports Festival are equal to a quarter of this?

His explosions are normally nowhere near this powerful.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

These four explosions in the movie come to form a blast 245 meters in diameter... how are we supposed to believe that Bakugo's regular attacks in the Sports Festival are equal to a quarter of this?

His explosions are normally nowhere near this powerful.
My point exactly but no one cares about that here and no one wants 9A Bakugo on this wiki

Bakugo is physically High 8-C+, and he was incapable of breaking through Dark Shadow. I don't see why he'd be annoyed by DS's defense, if he could one shot him with his pinky finger. We don't see the fully fight, but shouldn't it be logical to assume Bakugo tried to physically break through and failed?

Bakugo in this arc is incapable of compressing his explosions, so he cannot unleash High 8-C+ blast without them being large in size.

If you desire to give him a variable rating for his Quirk, that is fine, his rating would be High 8-C+, varies from 9-A to High 8-C+ with Explosion. His current key does not need such a thing though, since he can compress his explosions to be more powerful than anything he's ever done yet their sizes is incredible small.

That is why I removed Tomura taking an explosion from Bakugo from his dura section, since that small blast shouldn't be comparable to his High 8-C+ level blast.

Once again, should DS's Dura scale to Bakugo's physical strength or should I place him at 9-A?

Also in his second key, Dark Shadow did not survive an attack from Chimera. Dark Shadow was completely blown away, he actually vanished when hit. I don't believe he should scale to Chimera whatsoever, so I believe he should be downgraded as well.

Edit: Just realized that Bakugo is not physically High 8-C+ in the Sports Festival, please ignore the High 8-C+ talk up above.

Dark Shadow should just be 9-A than correct?

Last edited:
Bakugo is physically High 8-C+, and he was incapable of breaking through Dark Shadow. I don't see why he'd be annoyed by DS's defense, if he could one shot him with his pinky finger. We don't see the fully fight, but shouldn't it be logical to assume Bakugo tried to physically break through and failed?

Bakugo in this arc is incapable of compressing his explosions, so he cannot unleash High 8-C+ blast without them being large in size.

If you desire to give him a variable rating for his Quirk, that is fine, his rating would be High 8-C+, varies from 9-A to High 8-C+ with Explosion. His current key does not need such a thing though, since he can compress his explosions to be more powerful than anything he's ever done yet their sizes is incredible small.

That is why I removed Tomura taking an explosion from Bakugo from his dura section, since that small blast shouldn't be comparable to his High 8-C+ level blast.

Once again, should DS's Dura scale to Bakugo's physical strength or should I place him at 9-A?

Also in his second key, Dark Shadow did not survive an attack from Chimera. Dark Shadow was completely blown away, he actually vanished when hit. I don't believe he should scale to Chimera whatsoever, so I believe he should be downgraded as well.

Edit: Just realized that Bakugo is not physically High 8-C+ in the Sports Festival, please ignore the High 8-C+ talk up above.

Dark Shadow should just be 9-A than correct?
Yeah based on what hat we’ve got also I did advocate for the variable AP but that got rejected

Large Building level+ (Can injure 5% Deku with his attacks), Varies from Small Building level (His standards blast are powerful enough to destroy the Villain Bots. Is able to injure Base Deku while holding back) to Large Building level+ (Fired off a barrage of explosions that are this powerful)

It shouldn't alter any scaling in any serious way though, unless I'm missing something?

Large Building level+ (Can injure 5% Deku with his attacks), Varies from Small Building level (His standards blast are powerful enough to destroy the Villain Bots. Is able to injure Base Deku while holding back) to Large Building level+ (Fired off a barrage of explosions that are this powerful)

It shouldn't alter any scaling in any serious way though, unless I'm missing something?
Don’t some characters scale from him like Kirishima or am I mistaken?

Kirishima would still be High 8-C+, because he can injure Bakugo who still has High 8-C+ durability. Bakugo just doesn't have High 8-C+ striking strength at that time, but his physical dura is High 8-C.

Last edited:
We'll have to change to wording for his Harden durability, to something like taking the recoil of his own attacks.

I agree with Bakugo having Varies with his Explosions, I was in favor of that in all previous CRTs.

I also agree that Dark Shadow should be 9-A. I think he should probably scale to the same level of explosions that Ochako scales from. Although the explosions Dark Shadow took looked smaller, it's likely because of it defending that made the blasts look smaller.

Sports Festival Uraraka is 9-B+, not 9-A.

Dark Shadow is strong enough to destroy the Villain Bots so he scales to them, and even the Victory Bots have Baseline 9-A dura (0.005 Tons). Since they were undamaged by their own 0.0048 Ton attack.

Not sure if the feat should be applied. It's based off of a one off comment that has no further support from the text for it. Sato doesn't really know Bakugo well or his capabilities. I don't think he counts as someone who can properly gauge Bakugo's strength..
But something like that was used to scale Saitama to planetary

The topic got sidelined, but what do we do with Kaminari's AP again?
His first key scaling is by hurting Shishikura, who took hits from Bakugo and Kirishima. But it appears that his electricity was just, well, electricity, so it's weird to scale that from brute force attacks.
His second key scaling has the same problem scaling with Shishida. I think the first justification is from the movie though, so I guess that can be quantified?

I have similar thoughts to Mina's Acid, which is given a rating when I think it should just be dura negation.

Kaminari's second key is weird, since he made a physical object explode. Not that he injured a person with electricity, so I guess that is fine?

Would his first key just be Unknown? I'd like to hear Therefir's take on this.

I saw a gif of the feat, and it's pretty weird in of itself. He electrecutes Mummy's mummies and they... explode? I'm not sure how that works, and I'm not sure if we see the aftermath of it. It also feels weird to scale him to Kirishima because Kiri didn't destroy those mummies with one punch, since their attacks are different.

Is Denki absorbing Nine's lightning an outlier or unquantifiable? It's the one electricity attack that has force behind it, I don't remember much when this was discussed because the discussion at that time included asinine takes I didn't want to deal with.

What is Nine's lightning rated as? Why would it be anything different since it's mostly electric?

I don't think there is any rating to be found there.

I have similar thoughts to Mina's Acid, which is given a rating when I think it should just be dura negation.

Confused as to why Mina's Acidman has a High 8-C+ durability too.

I'm pretty sure the crater comes from the heat of the lightning, which doesn't scale to anything, and even 9-B or 9-A can collapse a skyscraper like that.

His lightning doesn't produce those explosions when he uses against actual people though. Also I don't think we can calc those blast, since we can't see them be produce we just see their smoke rise up with some flames.

The explosions on the street are probably 9-B, maybe 9-A?

I'm pretty sure the crater comes from the heat of the lightning, which doesn't scale to anything, and even 9-B or 9-A can collapse a skyscraper like that.

His lightning doesn't produce those explosions when he uses against actual people though. Also I don't think we can calc those blast, since we can't see them be produce we just see their smoke rise up with some flames.

The explosions on the street are probably 9-B, maybe 9-A?
9B-9A is the joules of irl lighting right? That’s a bit funny

His electricity can hurt High 8-C characters, why would he need to be Unknown? He has durability negation for being able to paralyze his enemies but electricity itself doesn't ignore conventional durability, it's not like he could hurt All Might-level characters.

And Bakugo doesn't need Varies for his explosions, even his smallest explosion can hurt and push aside High 8-C+ characters.

The 9-B+ ratings are just a bad joke that shouldn't even be there.

His electricity can hurt High 8-C characters, why would he need to be Unknown? He has durability negation for being able to paralyze his enemies but electricity itself doesn't ignore conventional durability, it's not like he could hurt All Might-level characters.

And Bakugo doesn't need Varies for his explosions, even his smallest explosion can hurt and push aside High 8-C+ characters.

The 9-B+ ratings are just a bad joke that shouldn't even be there.
But Therefir, Bakugo only does damage to those characters through heat! Clearly Base Deku is several hundred times weaker than Bakugo! The time when Bakugo hit him with a right hook was him holding back several hundred times!

Bakugo isn't physically High 8-C+ until his fight with Deku, where he is stated to have gotten stronger. We don't know how physically strong Bakugo is during the festival correct? I don't remember him physically hurting anyone with High 8-C+ dura.

I don't know how this site treats electricity?

Also why does Mina's Acid have AP and Dura? Acid ignores durability, does it even have any type of force?

The only reason Bakugo's explosions have the AP rating they do is because of their impressive size. If his smallest explosions are just as powerful, then the whole thing becomes a joke.

That's just how his explosions work, in the Sports Festival Race Bakugo injured his hand despite not having used his strongest explosions, meaning that even the smaller blasts he uses to move around are strong enough to hurt him if he uses them too much.

That's just how his explosions work, in the Sports Festival Race Bakugo injured his hand despite not having used his strongest explosions, meaning that even the smaller blasts he uses to move around are strong enough to hurt him if he uses them too much.
I question the very nature of Bakugo's durability justification to be honest, going off this gif. It looks like for the 8-B/High 8-C+ feat that Bakugo is shooting off the explosions as projectiles, and they only fully explode after they hit their target. In which case it doesn't make sense for the recoil that Bakugo is withstanding to be equal to the full explosion.

Bakugo's dura should scale to his explosions. Chapter 65, during the battle with All Might he used his biggest blast to get All Might off of him.

Bakugo is dead center of that explosion, and he survived it. So I'm pretty sure Bakugo scales to the force of his own explosions.

We know it's one of his strongest because his arms are in pain right after that.

Back