• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
That's just how his explosions work, in the Sports Festival Race Bakugo injured his hand despite not having used his strongest explosions, meaning that even the smaller blasts he uses to move around are strong enough to hurt him if he uses them too much.
That’s cause he overused that hand though. Durability in mha and many other series isn’t like how we treat it here you can very much injure something with many weaker hits. Even then that was just his hand aching rather than an injury since he was fine like a few minutes later.

Bakugo's dura should scale to his explosions. Chapter 65, during the battle with All Might he used his biggest blast to get All Might off of him.

Bakugo is dead center of that explosion, and he survived it. So I'm pretty sure Bakugo scales to the force of his own explosions.

We know it's one of his strongest because his arms are in pain right after that.
He isn’t really dead centre since it’s fired upwards from his hand it isn’t like he detonated it on his own body.

For every reaction there is an equal an opposite reaction, that's what recoil is.

The center of that explosion is Bakugo's hand, because his sweat is the explosive fluid. He feels the recoil of that blast into his body.

For every reaction there is an equal an opposite reaction, that's what recoil is.

The center of that explosion is Bakugo's hand, because his sweat is the explosive fluid. He feels the recoil of that blast into his body.
That wouldn't apply to the projectile-like explosions though.

So I don't see a good reason for Bakugo's explosion against All Might to scale to the projectile explosions he uses in the movie.

Not when we can directly calc the "super explosion" that Bakugo uses against Uraraka, which is what his explosions against All Might are compared to.

Bakugo and mha as a whole is really a nightmare to fit on this wiki’s standards.

I agree. Personally it makes little sense to me to to assume that Bakugo would be unscathed if someone hit him with an explosion equal to his own; just because his hands are normally fine when he uses his explosions.

That wouldn't apply to the projectile-like explosions though.
This isn't a projectile though, he ignites the explosion from the palm of his hand. Did you see the scene, he is pinned under All Might and his hand just explodes.

If your confused just look at the anime, it shows it just like that. He does not throw his explosion.

You cannot fully use AOE to judge the power of something as well Damage, it says so right on our Attack Potency page. His explosions vary in sizes, even when they're suppose to be equal or even stronger than the other. They are never going to be 100% consistent like you think.

Bakugo's durability scales to his own explosions, and Heroes Rising has a even perfect feat of him taking it point blank as well. Though it is a different key, Bakugo while wrapped up like a Mummy was able to release an explosion so power that it destroyed his own Bracer.

This isn't a projectile though, he ignites the explosion from the palm of his hand. Did you see the scene, he is pinned under All Might and his hand just explodes.

I know, I'm not talking about that one.

You cannot fully use AOE to judge the power of something as well Damage, it says so right on are Attack Potency page. His explosions vary in sizes, even when they're suppose to be equal or even stronger than the other. They are never going to be 100% consistent like you think.

Which is a bit silly, because we 100% use AOE to judge the power of something when it suits us.

You cannot fully use AOE to judge the power of something as well Damage, it says so right on are Attack Potency page. His explosions vary in sizes, even when they're suppose to be equal or even stronger than the other. They are never going to be 100% consistent like you think.
The problem is Bakugo’s explosions depend on AOE for their results and said AOE correlates to the power. His building sized explosions are treated as a whole different beast to his normal person sized attacks in the series.

The problem I think we’re having is we’re actually calculating the blasts and seeing the absurd differences between his attacks when I’m pretty sure in Horikoshi’s head Bakugo’s full power explosions aren’t 1000x stronger than his usual moves.

That's how the wiki and fiction works, if we didn't than DB would never reach the tiers they are now since their every punch doesn't destroy planets or universes.

All Might wouldn't have any Tier above 8, since the majority of his punches don't even blow away buildings at times.

That's how the wiki and fiction works, if we didn't than DB would never reach the tiers they are now since their every punch doesn't destroy planets or universes.

All Might wouldn't have any Tier above 8, since the majority of his punches don't even blow away buildings at times.
I mean in the case of DB they still would cause scaling and such is a thing.

It isn’t as though the powerscale breaks in half if AM doesn’t breach into Tier 7 plus he still scales to or upscales from Tier 7 stuff

The problem is Bakugo’s explosions depend on AOE for their results and said AOE correlates to the power. His building sized explosions are treated as a whole different beast to his normal person sized attacks in the series.

The problem I think we’re having is we’re actually calculating the blasts and seeing the absurd differences between his attacks when I’m pretty sure in Horikoshi’s head Bakugo’s full power explosions aren’t 1000x stronger than his usual moves.
Which is irrelevant to us, this wiki's rules do not care for such things. Especially when you can't deny that it is 100% impossible for any manga author in history to be consistent with this stuff. Horikoshi wrote down that Hood was weaker and slower than Endeavor, so not everything an author say/think should be taken as fact.

I doubt Horikoshi or a majority of authors believes any of the ratings we give many verses.

Bakugo's strongest explosions instantly hurt his hand, just because his blast didn't 100% match the size of another blast which hurt his hand in the same way, doesn't mean they vary in power. Since they caused the same damage to him, and he himself states this is his maximum power.

It should be obvious these explosions are equal to each other, regardless if their sizes don't match.

Bakugo was able to take his own max explosion dead on, so his durability should scale.

Which is irrelevant to us, this wiki's rules do not care for such things. Especially when you can't deny that it is 100% impossible for any manga author in history to be consistent with this stuff. Horikoshi wrote down that Hood was weaker and slower than Endeavor, so not everything an author say/think should be taken as fact.

I doubt Horikoshi or a majority of authors believes any of the ratings we give many verses.

Bakugo's strongest explosions instantly hurt his hand, just because his blast didn't 100% match the size of another blast which hurt his hand in the same way, doesn't mean they vary in power. Since they caused the same damage to him, and he himself states this is his maximum power.

It should be obvious these explosions are equal to each other, regardless if their sizes don't match.

Bakugo was able to take his own max explosion dead on, so he should scale to this.
So our standards take precedence over the canon of the series now?

I’m not really refuting Bakugo scaling to his blasts. You made a good point with the equal and opposite reaction thing.

My issue is with his projectile explosions in the movie being scaled to his normal explosions. The reason they didn't hurt in his hand in the movie is because he isn't detonating them on the palm of his hand; he is shooting them as explosion projectiles and they're detonating on impact.

I think the only times we should agree Bakugo’s blasts are equal to each other regardless of size would be when the red flash/max power ones are used. Because those consistently harm him regardless of size.

His causal explosions are too varying to be concrete I feel, and Horikoshi tends to treat them like extended punches most of the time.
My issue is with his projectile explosions in the movie being scaled to his normal explosions. The reason they didn't hurt in his hand in the movie is because he isn't detonating them on the palm of his hand; he is shooting them as explosion projectiles and they're detonating on impact.
They did hurt his hand, the gif cuts away before it shows the red flash and him gripping his hand. So those are his max power explosions, but seemingly condensed like AP shot.

I'm not saying to ignore all sizes, since obviously we agree that the explosions used on Shigaraki or Uraraka do not equal the same blast he uses against Wolfram. There should be some sort of visual indicator, but if Bakugo's explosions are shown to be super massive and even harm himself like his max blast do.

I believe it shouldn't be a jump to say that they equal each other, even if the blast don't 100% match in size. Because no manga artist in history could ever produce such thing, it's just impossible to expect or even do without massive amounts of work for zero worth.

Anybody else have an issue with Bakugo's Joint Training Arc key?

There's no new calc or feat given in that section for AP or Striking Strength; just "Stronger than before" as the justification for boosting him from Large Building level+ to City Block level.

I'm not saying to ignore all sizes, since obviously we agree that the explosions used on Shigaraki or Uraraka do not equal the same blast he uses against Wolfram. There should be some sort of visual indicator, but if Bakugo's explosions are shown to be super massive and even harm himself like his max blast do.

I believe it shouldn't be a jump to say that they equal each other, even if the blast don't 100% match in size. Because no manga artist in history could ever produce such thing, it's just impossible to expect or even do without massive amounts of work for zero worth.
I can agree on that. So would he have a varies in AP on his key? Or are we sticking with how it is now?

There's no new calc or feat given in that section for AP or Striking Strength; just "Stronger than before" as the justification for boosting him from Large Building level+ to City Block level.
Iirc I think the logic behind that was the difference was incredibly small.

He’s scaling up from 10.5 tons. Baseline is 11 tons.

By that point in time, he has gone through the Forest training where his quirks power actually increased, the fight with Deku as well as months of training all the way up to Heroes Rising. I don’t find any issue with assuming he’s baseline off of that.

The difference between the tiers is a 1.05X, or around a 4% increase.

Izuku stated Bakugo was stronger than before during their fight, which means Bakugo there was already stronger than his 10.51 Ton self. And than during the JT Arc he stated he was stronger than he was in their fight. With these two statements, I don't think it's hard to believe he is baseline 8-B.

Considering it's been multiple months of training, the idea that Bakugo at least became that much stronger isn't hard to swallow at all.

I suppose. This is just me griping at how randomly arbitrary out tiering system is. It makes 0 sense in my mind to slap a 1.05x multplier on a character because they got stronger, just because it brings them to the baseline of the next tier.

There's no perfect solution to this, other than just going along with it for now.

Here’s my question: are we still sticking with the “percentage boost” thing on Deku’s profile? Like 8% actually being 1.6x 5% and 30% being 1.5x 20%?

I feel the entire premise behind it is strange since we know that his percentages are not linear like that.

In universe they are, just that we ignore it because Horikoshi doesn't make their feats consistent. And we can't have Low 7-B 5%.

I assume the reason being is that the gap between percentages are bigger than what they're suppose to be, so if we don't have a feat to scale them too we just use the percentage as an at least. Since they have to at least be that, but are likely higher.

Note: That is just speculation on my part, not saying I agree with it or that I'm even right. We'd have to wait and see what Therefir says.

His electricity can hurt High 8-C characters, why would he need to be Unknown? He has durability negation for being able to paralyze his enemies but electricity itself doesn't ignore conventional durability, it's not like he could hurt All Might-level characters.
We were taking about Kaminari, so do people agree with Kaminari Quirk being High 8-C+?

And what about Sport Festival Dark Shadow's durability?

We were taking about Kaminari, so do people agree with Kaminari Quirk being High 8-C+?

And what about Sport Festival Dark Shadow's durability?
License Exam Kaminari should be stronger than when he fought Dark Shadow in the Sports Festival, so maybe we should just scale Dark Shadow's durability to his AP for now.

That's fine by me, forgot about that due to how we label the keys. This will also downgraded Ectoplasm to 9-A as well.

But I also don't think Dark Shadow should scale to Chimera, since he was one shotted. Chimera punched him once and Dark Shadow just disappeared, I don't think that is ground for scaling. Which means all of Dark Shadow's light environment keys will be 9-A.

Also, why does Mina's Acid have a rating when it's an acid? Last I check acids don't have or produce any type of force, they just melt.

Also, why does Mina's Acid have a rating when it's an acid? Last I check acids don't have or produce any type of force, they just melt.
She pulverized a large landslide alongside Aoyama with an explosion.

When has Mina's Acid ever produce an explosion?

I'm pretty sure that explosion came from Aoyama's laser, while Mina melted the other half with her acid. And I'm certain we've seen Aoyama's laser cause explosions bunch of times actually. Even in Heroes Rising, his laser causes explosions.

Her acid isn't shown to explode, and she most certainly hasn't blocked any High 8-C+ attacks with her acid.

Last edited:
When has Mina's Acid ever produce an explosion?
I mean that's just what happened, Deku and Bakugo's Detroit Smash also created an explosion despite being just air pressure.

If you want to give all the credit to Aoyama for this feat, that's fine by me.

Physical force does indeed make a shockwave... well not how it done in the movie.

But that makes more sense than her acid randomly exploding in this one scene and never again in the entire series. And using that one scene to say her acid doesn't melt but just explodes and causes physical force is rather absurd. It's an acid and should ignore durability like any kind of acid.

However only half goes to Aoyama, since she likely melted the other half. At least she melted some, so giving everything to Aoyama would be a little disingenuous.

By the way, can we scale the Poltergeist Quirk from Uraraka? Considering she needed to block those telekinetic attacks with her hand guard, when she was capturing Monoma.

This would give Mina At least 8-C possibly High 8-C in durability, and Dark Shadow would be able to scale from that as well.

I... have no idea. "I can't nail her with Poltergeist shots at all..."

Which means Monoma believes that it would hurt her, if she wasn't blocking them. I'm neutral on that, how does Dark Shadow scale... is it because of Slice?

If people agree on it, than yeah it should be alright.

Also just checked, it seems like Kaminari's electricity being High 8-C+ is fine, from what I've read on other threads.

By the way, can we scale the Poltergeist Quirk from Uraraka? Considering she needed to block those telekinetic attacks with her hand guard, when she was capturing Monoma.

This would give Mina At least 8-C possibly High 8-C in durability, and Dark Shadow would be able to scale from that as well.

Why would Mina scale off that? Because of Reiko using the Poltergeist Quirk against Mina? Feels like a really loose scaling chain tbh.

I believe Mina was hit by Yanagi's Poltergeist, so I assume that's why she'd scale.

Monoma's copy aren't superior to the original, they're usually the same unless they have an added effect. Like Quirks that need to stock energy to be strong, or Twin Impact which is determined by the user's physical strength.

I do not believe Poltergeist fits any of those two, so Yanagi's Quirk and Monoma's Copy should be equal in terms of potency.

Back