• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Hmm. I'm noticing a lot of question scaling justifications being used on some of the profiles. I know there is a tendency to rely on powerscaling, because often characters lack feats of their own, but regardless of that there is some scaling that I think is either extremely generous or just plain wrong.

I think I might have to create my own thread to address some of this.

I'll just say first of all that, "I can't nail her with Poltergeist shots at all..." doesn't mean that his attacks would have the intended effect just because he would want to hurt her.

"Can't nail her with the shots" can just mean he can't land a clear hit on her because she keeps blocking the projectiles. It doesn't mean that if he succeeded that he would have knocked her out or anything.

So I'm against that new scaling.

Mina's AP with Acid should probably be removed.

Can't we scale Dark Shadow to Fat Gum since he managed to overpower his grip? Or is this yet another case of the lifting strength meme "I'm stronger than you but can't hit as hard for reasons"?

Last edited:
Right, because if Bakugo hadn't dodged that punch, Kirishima wouldn't have hurt him at all, makes you wonder why he even bothered to avoid it.

And Bakugo wasn't surprised by his durability either, he might as well have defeated Kirishima with his bare hands.

Right, because if Bakugo hadn't dodged that punch, Kirishima wouldn't have hurt him at all, makes you wonder why he even bothered to avoid it.

And Bakugo wasn't surprised by his durability either, he might as well have defeated Kirishima with his bare hands.
This is the same show where 5% Deku can make AM flinch with a punch. Kirishima could literally be 9A and Bakugo would dodge him. It’d be a bit odd if he was 9A though

I mean Bakugo has shown respect for Kirishima's durability on multiple occasions throughout the series, it would be extremely weird if he was 9-A with Hardening and Bakugo could have taken him down in one hit.

In the movie Kirishima also protected Bakugo from one of Wolfram's minions.

I mean, you could be the strongest man in the room and still try to dodge the blow of the weakest man in the room if he was using spiked brass knuckles on his fist.

So like, Are we sure Kirishima has scaling with Bakugo? I say this because in bnha there seems to be a good distinction between piercing damage and blunt force

I mean Bakugo has shown respect for Kirishima's durability on multiple occasions throughout the series, it would be extremely weird if he was 9-A with Hardening and Bakugo could have taken him down in one hit.

In the movie Kirishima also protected Bakugo from one of Wolfram's minions.
But Kirishima could have a lot more defense than attack power at this point in the story, that's the point of his quirk.

Kirishima can hurt characters comparable to him, like Tetsutetsu, that's why he scales from his durability.
But didn't that fight in-universe take way longer time than the others? It doesn't sound like something you achieve by being able to harm someone as tough as yourself easily, or it would have been a fight with normal-length.

Nope, it wasn't really stated Kirishima and Tetsutetsu were fighting for a long period of time, like with Iida and Hatsume, and they hurt each other punch by punch even at the start of the fight.

Did you notice, Bakugo has a bruise on his face during his fight with Kirishima.

That graze isn't the first blow you know, they'd been fighting off screen for an unknown amount of time. So I think that clearly implies that Kirishima landed a punch on him. How else would Bakugo have a bruise?

Did you notice, Bakugo has a bruise on his face during his fight with Kirishima.

That graze isn't the first blow you know, they'd been fighting off screen for an unknown amount of time. So I think that clearly implies that Kirishima landed a punch on him. How else would Bakugo have a bruise?
That bruise is from when Monoma exploded his face

Back