• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MH Monsters Ability and Tier Revision

I've been quiet for a while as I've been quite busy with other stuff, but I would like to point out some stuff about some of the pages.

First off, Teostra is missing a key for both his HC and Supremacy forms on his page.

Secondly, the picture used for Rusted Kushala Daora on Kushala Daora's page is in fact the HC Rusted Kushala Daora. This also immediately brings up the fact that HC Rusted Kushala Daora is missing a key on that page.

And finally as far as I can see for now, the Fatalis page is missing three keys. These are for the G-Rank forms found in Frontier. The G-Rank Fatalis and G-Rank Crimson Fatalis are what are called Conquest Wars, which means they're quite a bit stronger than their regular forms, and the G-Rank White Fatalis is fought at the end of the Hunting Road and is also stronger than its regular form.

They are different, they're just called the G-Rank Fatalises, but they're actually special forms which are more powerful. As I said, the G-Rank Fatalis and G-Rank Crimson Fatalises are Conquest Wars, which are special variations of monsters which are much more powerful than their normal forms, and the G-Rank White Fatalis is a special variation fought at the end of the Hunting Road, which is again more powerful than its regular form. They even have different physical appearances than their normal forms which doesn't happen with monsters in different ranks. This is because, again, they're special variations.

I do think I uploaded images for the G-Rank Fatalis and G-Rank Crimson Fatalis back when I was going to do the Fatalis page revision, so you might be able to find those.

That also reminds me, Shantien can be fought in its normal state, but can also be fought as a Conquest War. Disufiroa is in itself a Conquest War, but it also has a more powerful variation that's known as a Solstice Conquest War (basically the most powerful variation, besides maybe Extreme Individuals/Peerless Species and Zenith Species). Should these also be given keys on their pages?

We're going to have way too many keys for each monster page, aren't we...

Good lord.

That's Monster Hunter for ya.

Just wait for Tigrex to come out, let me tell you. Its alternate versions are enormous.

Or Zinogre. Or Daimyo Hermitaur, which has a surprising amount of variations despite being one of the weaker monsters around.

I do have a question, why are all the monsters like Rathalos, Lagiacrus etc. said to be 8-B? They should really be At least 8-B, possibly higher or likely higher due to the fact that Giadrome is actually one of the weakest large monsters in the series, together with the likes of Kulu-Ya-Ku, Great Jaggi etc.

Because having twenty of the same tier saying "8-B" takes up a lot less space than twenty of the same tier saying "At least 8-B, likely far higher"

Additionally, the ability that 8-B is based on comes from many monsters. Giadrome was just the first one I found with it.

It just occurred to me, should we make profiles for the two new Elder Dragons in Monster Hunter Stories?

Their inclusion may also yield some interesting Speed feats as they seem to have dominion over light and darkness respectively.

I have no qualms with it. The last calcs on my queue are the MH ones, meaning I will be hopefully getting around to them soon.

Bump. Also while we're waiting for calc, we should do some casual talks, right? What's your worst experience against certain monster?

Bazelgeuse or Lunastra hands down. Lunastra took me some ten tries to take down but I just hate fighting Bazel.

Bazel: "Hey, Low-rank's just a tutorial. Welcome to High-rank, b*tch."

Mine's obviously Plesioth. He f**king hits you by f**king walking, or standing and hitbox is bulls**t. Just bulls**t.

DUDE

Don't get me started on hitboxes, don't.

Bazel was the bane of my existence because I never hunted them until you needed to hunt two tempered Bazels at the same time.

Honestly **** behemoth

I once got to the final ecliptic meteor and what ended up happening was that I tried to superman dive behind the comet to survive, and I ended up leaping on top of the comet and I died and failed the quest

like what

Btw, shouldn't Dire Miralis have High-Mid Regenerationn instead of Low-High? He's capable of regenerating from his heart alone and High-Mid is regenerating from a single organ, while Low-High is regenerating from something like a puddle of blood or a single cell.

That sounds alright to me

Also, question. Isn't the Fatalis armor capable of transforming the person who wears it into a new Fatalis? Like even aside from possession, what else would that grant Fatalis? Transmutation? Transformation?

Also if we want to, we could just make like a general discussion thread where we can talk about MH and goof around and such

Back