• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MH Monsters Ability and Tier Revision

I mean the Gore Magala was able to outsmart and defeat the Ace Commander and his gang.

The Ace Commander and his gang were able to fight and keep up with a Kushala Daora in the aftergame of MH4U.

So I'd imagine that it's up there.

Also should be mentioned that in-universe there are debates about whether or not Gore should also be qualified as an Elder Dragon, but due to the lack of a consensus they put it in "???".

hey just wanna point out that on the Deviljho profile, there are two parts that are supposed to link to Kirin's profile, but they instead link to the "Choudokyuu Shoujo 4946" Kirin. IDK how to change it without messing up the page, so I figured I'd mention it here.

Oh.

What in the world lol

I'll fix it real quick

By the way, you have to put Kirin (Monster Hunter)

And then add a | Kirin after the parentheses but before the brackets

[ [ Kirin (Monster Hunter) | Kirin ] ]

I just finished it. And I posted potential speed feat on your wall, Bam. Kirin feat may be Teleportation.

Oh. Yeah for some reason that didn't pop up for me.

I heavily disagree that Kirin's movement is just teleportation, more like a burst of speed, but I'll look at the feat.

I also disagree with Valstrax having comparable speed to DFCMs. I don't even know where the fastest monster comes from.

Kirin's burst speed may not be scalable. Hunters and Rajang couldn't catch up on it once he used it. Not to mention he may not be legit moving as fast as lightning.

...... What? Agnaktor is faster than freaking Valstrax? I thought it'll be going to be MHS+ but......

What is Agnaktor's feat?

So despite calcing this, monsters should absolutely scale to Kirin, so basically I'm against using these at all.

MHS+ combat speed and reactions is fine by me but travel speed? I think not? Again, Rajang was blitzed by the burst.

Also I'm kinda disappointed to Valstrax right now. We should use Agnaktor's High-end, which is at High Hypersonic.

So wait what are we reworking Kirin's speed to???

Also Valstrax should still scale to DFCM's due to being outright called the "fastest flying wyvern thus far" (as seen here [[1]])

Hey guys, quick heads up.

The Magma Chamber speed feat for Agnaktor might not be real.

The reason for this is because when I was trying to find feats for low-tier monsters before these threads became a thing (this was a really long time ago), I saw a video of the Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Arena Quests, and a person was fighting Agnaktor. I was under the impression that Agnaktor would cover itself in more lava if it lost any, even if it was here the desert-like Arena. And for that reason I went with the magma chamber solution as a means of making the feat quantifiable.

However, not only are there no statements in lore indicating that this could be the case (at least to my knowledge), but in gameplay I don't even think Agnaktor goes to refresh its lava armor in these areas, meaning that such a thing never happened and therefore the feat does not exist.

That would mean we have to find new speed feats for low-tier monsters.

Sorry about that, everyone. That's my fault.

Gonna dump some more possible speed feats for all of you. Of course these are for low-tier monsters

[[1]] Rathalos is seen flying from nearly ground level all the way up to the top of a mountain in a few seconds while carrying an aptonoth.

[[2]] Blangonga manages to dodge a bullet after the bullet was fired, and when it was already very close to being hit by that bullet.

Hopefully these get something good to replace the Agnaktor speed rankings

Kirin's burst speed isn't scalable. At least not on the EDs. Everybody can't keep up with it.

So, Agnaktor feat isn't real. RIP MH speed.

Then couldn't we calc the speed of Rajang's lightning beam that it uses on Kirin in that cutscene?

Also, couldn't we arguably use the speed for Kushala dispersing the storm as a way to find speed?

Kushala's storm wouldn't be used for speed, no. At best it'd be combat speed.

Bring me the Rajang beam thing whenever you have time.

Also I just wanted to say that that Rajang vs Kirin fight pumps me up for some reason. I really want spinoff where you can be a Elder Dragons.

Alright. Reinhard.

I want you to genuinely get all the speed feats you can, and give them to me.

This is the third last Elder Dragon speed feat.

I beg you. I don't wanna do like nine blogs for this lol.

All good. I'm gonna wait like a day or two to calc it in case you come up with anything else.

Also going to request that Ant delete the previous two speed blogs so they can be put in as one mega-dump.

Alright. Still gonna wait a day in case a stroke of genius hits.

[Crimson Fatalis flies up] I already used this feat to calc the speed of the meteors, but perhaps its flight speed could be used as a supporting feat lol

[Astalos drags Rathalos out of the sky] The two were fighting in the clouds and then in a short timeframe, Astalos drags Rathalos to the ground.

[[1]] Lavasioth is extremely far away from Barchydios and is then suddenly right next to it via swimming through rocks (this would scale directly to Agnaktor as both Lavasioth and Agnaktor are stated to have the same swim speed). Oh, and while it doesn't need to be calced, Brachy effortlessly killed Lavasioth (in a similar manner to killing Agnaktor at that).

[[2]] Raviente is able to traverse an entire island with ease and in a short amount of time

I already posted two up above, one being that Rathalos could fly over a mountain in a short amount of time while carrying Aptonoth and Blangonga dodging a bullet at close range AFTER the bullet was fired. Hopefully these will be helpful.

[[1]] Zinogre smashes there rock and since there is nothing left of it, could be pulverization in this case.

[[2]] Skip to 27 seconds in, although IDK if this can really be calced

Absolutely. Slug in a good video for those too. I'll get around to this.

@Bambu If you don't mind, I'll do the Dalamadur meteor thing. Save you some time/effort on what seems to be a relatively easy calc.

Back