• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MH Monsters Ability and Tier Revision

Evaluated and approved. GG.

Reactions, yes. We don't know their movement speed compared to the meteors.

Oh yeah, you actually fight Dalamadur in High rank initially...

Anyway, Those Dire Miralis' meteors, like Crimson Fatalis', come from outer space... But they come down way slower and take longer to hit the ground than Crimson's, meaning that even if we calc that we'd probably get a lower value than what we already have.

GimmyJibbsJr said:
Oh yeah, you actually fight Dalamadur in High rank initially...

Anyway, Those Dire Miralis' meteors, like Crimson Fatalis', come from outer space... But they come down way slower and take longer to hit the ground than Crimson's, meaning that even if we calc that we'd probably get a lower value than what we already have.
Then Dire Miralis feat shouldn't be calced. It's waste of time. Also FTL+ MH baby! Yeah!

Question, after Mr. Bambu does those other calcs for a future calc dump, should we close this thread? I feel like we covered pretty much everything at this point.

Alrighty.

Also, just wanna point out that Zamtrios can cover most of its own body in ice automatically. And it also fragments the ice underneath it when it blows itself up like a balloon.

From the lore that I could find, Garuba Daora and Shantien are theorized by some to be rivals, but it is confirmed that they live in completely separate environments and thus the theory is implied to be extremely unlikely.

Shantien's Ecology page on the Monster Hunter Wiki notes this, and the Garuba Daora's Ecology page does as well.

If you're asking for AP from shattering ice, that is worthless. Ice-busting is extremely weak. Ice creation, however, is another matter entirely.

Also minor thing here but could someone add me to the "Supporters" section on the Monster Hunter (verse) page? Turns out I'm not on there and the page has been locked lol

Why is the page locked o.o

I'll try to add you, one sec.

You're on there, also fixed the format since it was garbo.

Also, I should mention that I think Ant gave us the greenlight to use my Dalamadur calc. We just need to agree what scales to this, I think.

Attack speed wise? Should scale to any high-end ED. Xeno'jiiva, Zorah, Fatalis, so on and so forth. Not basic ones like Nergi or Kirin though, since IIRC Dalamadur is a lot stronger than those bad boyes (but I could be wrong on that).

Oh yeah, Dalamadur is way superior to Nergigante and Kirin. Realistically Dalamadur should be one of the strongest monsters, I think.

Also, what about Valstrax? It is the fastest flying monster in the verse, and it indeed flies around at high speed to ram itself into Hunters in its fight in-game.

I'm not sure. This is explicitly combat speed. Valstrax should be superior to the dragons' movements themselves, but probably not their attacks unless we have a statement that says "Valstrax has the fastest attacks".

Looking into it, I don't think there is anything saying that it has the fastest attack speed.

So for now Valstrax only scales to the Sub-Rel+ thing for White Fatalis, I think.

Also, does the FTL+ apply to High Rank Hunter? After all, the Hunter fights Dalamadur for the first time in High Rank, not just G-Rank.

I think we should stick to "Possibly" for the High-Rank.

I think that FTL+ should scale to High-rank Hunter alone. Dalamadur is one of the strongest EDs out there. Valstrax fully scales I think. It's going to be: Massively Hypersonic+ with FTL+ Reactions and combat speed.

Valstrax would scale to DFCM's in terms of just speed. It is outright stated to be faster than Shantien, and Shantien gets sub-rel+ scaling from Disu and White Fatty.

Oh, I thought you were referring to setting Valstrax's stats at MHS+ and FTL+ reactions/Combat speed. Yeah, Dalamadur at that rating probably makes sense, I suppose.

Although I don't know if Valstrax simply becomes FTL+ outright, as we only ever hear its high speed being attributed to its flight speed and not attack speed.

I brought that point up earlier, but Bambu pointed out that having the highest flight speed doesn't instantly make it have the highest attack speed.

Like, all lore only ever specifies that it has the highest flight speed, which would make it superior to the Sub-Rel+ speed of White Fatalis. However, nothing ever specifically says that it has the fastest attacks out of all monsters.

Again, he flies to attack. He uses his flight speed as his attack speed. I don't see why it won't fully scale.

It definitely shouldn't. He has the highest movement speed. He shouldn't scale to something he isn't stated to scale to. He should not be FTL+ scaling to the speed of an attack, even if the monster is faster in movement than the FTL+ attack monster.

No.

Sub-Rel+ Travel Speed, possibly FTL+ , and that is being pretty generous all things considered.

You're proposing we scale travel speed to combat speed. That doesn't really make sense. So Possibly is the best fit here.

So it just occurred to me that on the Fatalis profile the abilities of Black, Crimson and White Fatalis are all meshed together at the bottom of the page (The Elemental/Energy section) and should probably be separated and fixed up for the sake of organization.

However the page has been protected and I can't fix it myself.

Back