• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mewtwo vs. Kirito (8 - 7 - 1)

quinella has a ability to manipulate her own mind and that bothers. also it was mentioned in mystery dungeon that arceus said they are using mewtwo to its full extent just to communicate to all the pokemon. he may have been connected to the minds of all the pokemon but that doesn't really seem forced mind manip but rather just telepathy. and the link also implied that. sending message via telepathy is not equivalent to controlling it with mind hax. at best the only thing that shows mewtwos mindhax in his profile is on the first movie with the people involved in it and nurse joy

Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon: Mewtwo appears, having Mega Evolved into Mega Mewtwo Y in order to telepathically link up the Pokémon of the world together to try and stop the Tree of Life's ascent into space.

also kirito is not just going to trap mewtwo if he sees mewtwo tries to teleport away he could set up his trap with law manip just like what quinella did and not to mention it also have power null.

Kirito can steal the life from Mewtwo while he is in the ice and put him to sleep or something.

Mewtwo canonically has infinite life force though, given Mew has been stated to have an immortal life force and whatnot. Mewtwo also has the Nonsleeper IQ skill and cant be forcefully put to sleep.

TheGreatJedi13 said:
quinella has a ability to manipulate her own mind and that bothers. also it was mentioned in mystery dungeon that arceus said they are using mewtwo to its full extent just to communicate to all the pokemon. he may have been connected to the minds of all the pokemon but that doesn't really seem forced mind manip but rather just telepathy. and the link also implied that. sending message via telepathy is not equivalent to controlling it with mind hax. at best the only thing that shows mewtwos mindhax in his profile is on the first movie with the people involved in it and nurse joy
Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon: Mewtwo appears, having Mega Evolved into Mega Mewtwo Y in order to telepathically link up the Pokémon of the world together to try and stop the Tree of Life's ascent into space.

also kirito is not just going to trap mewtwo if he sees mewtwo tries to teleport away he could set up his trap with law manip just like what quinella did and not to mention it also have power null.
who said that he knows where mewtwo will teleport? he could try to use omnidirectional freezing again but mewtwo would just escape again.

also if you want to argue that mewtwo does not have planet level mind control then i recommend making a thread and have people more experienced than me explain everything. im also pretty sure he does mind control a lot of people in different games. anyway to control your own mind so you can protect it means that your control of mind needs to be stronger than the opponent's and in this case it is not.

Ionliosite said:
Kirito can steal the life from Mewtwo while he is in the ice and put him to sleep or something.
im pretty sure mewtwo has insomniac ability which prevents him from falling asleep. mewtwo can teleport instantly thus dodging the tendrils which are neccesarry to life wipe mewtwo

i didn't say he knew where mewtwo will teleport.

the moment mewtwo teleports Kirito will perceive it might come back and prepare for it thats where he sets up a trap.

temporarily BFR yourself does not mean your enemy cannot mount a defensive plan on your return.

Seeing how his target can teleport away from his ice would just make him create a trap field with law manip that quinella used and supposedly power null it to land it properly or use tendrils.

TheGreatJedi13 said:
i didn't say he knew where mewtwo will teleport.
the moment mewtwo teleports Kirito will perceive it might come back and prepare for it thats where he sets up a trap.

temporarily BFR yourself does not mean your enemy cannot mount a defensive plan on your return.

Seeing how his target can teleport away from his ice would just make him create a trap field with law manip that quinella used and supposedly power null it to land it properly or use tendrils.
considering mewtwo is genius, he would liekly activate his precognition (considering the leading moves have already been used we can now easily assume that). Precog will reveal the trap and thus mewtwo can dodge it

TheGreatJedi13 said:
can he precog while in the void and outside enemy/target's presence?
i mean, why would he not? he uses future sight which is a move and thus im pretty sure that it would work outside the enemie's prescense

Ionliosite said:
If he haven't shown that the ability works like that, it shouldn't work like that.
miserably i am not sure if it has happened in games. i would like someone to help me out here because in truth ive only played two mistery dungeon games and not any other spin off so... yeah, i request help.

So what's stopping Kirito from tapping Mewtwo with his blades? He can literally increase the range of his attacks and put blades in his enemy's heart.

Ionliosite said:
So what's stopping Kirito from tapping Mewtwo with his blades? He can literally increase the range of his attacks and put blades in his enemy's heart.
i think i got the answer through the last question. mewtwo does not have to telport to far from the ice. precog is not even needed, mewtwo can literally just teleport out and mind hax

also we are forgetting that mewtwo's pressure and unnerve would prevent kirito from thinking quickly and rationally, thus the plan making would be quite some trouble for him. and yes,those are passive abbilities

TheGreatJedi13 said:
pretty sure the profile states those are base only
no it does not. when i change transformation keys it clearly states "all of mewtwo's abilities but..."

in shadow mewtwo's case, he has all abilities and time stop which is also an argument why he should win

but it does say Base only on the power and abilities.

also that mewtwo ability might only apply to the power's and abilities list to not repeat the same ability list

and its a contradiction. if it isn't. someone should fix that

TheGreatJedi13 said:
but it does say Base only on the power and abilities.
also that mewtwo ability might only apply to the power's and abilities list to not repeat the same ability list

and its a contradiction. if it isn't. someone should fix that
mewtwo base:

"(His Unnerve Ability scares the opponent to the point of crying for help and rendering them unable to eat. Has access to the Intimidator IQ skill, making his attackers get the Cringe status and not executing their move. His cold glowing eyes are stated in the Pokédex to induce fear)"

SM profile: "All Mewtwo Abilities, Time Stop (Appeared to have stopped time to keep his realm from collapsing)."

nothing about it being base exclusive

Ionliosite said:
Kirito has the willpower to bend reality into his favour, not sure if that helps.
mindhax is instant so i do not think he could bend the laws of that, especially without knowing anything about his opponent

so this is a story all about how, this match got flipped by me and cal

now id like to take a minute to sit back

watch the votes roll in while eating a snacc

still can't find anything about the extent of law manip but it was mentioned in quinella that it was instant and the reason she didn't use it against kirito crew in the first place because she was toying with them. and yeah that law manip seems to have willpower manip in it

as for its the range the whole human empire

TheGreatJedi13 said:
still can't find anything about the extent of law manip but it was mentioned in quinella that it was instant and the reason she didn't use it against kirito crew in the first place because she was toying with them.
and yeah that law manip seems to have willpower manip in it

as for its the range the whole human empire
as long as it is unknown to which extent, mewtwo wins. yeah she toyed with them, but technically any mind manipulation is not gonna work here. just a statement that she was toying with them is not enough

you see the problem is that law manip can prevent the use of skill with its authority and can basically manipulate the area she used her authority in. it shouldn't be different to kirito and its most likely on a higher level. can't really brush that and say its not gonna work cause it definitely will

TheGreatJedi13 said:
They both have chances a ways to kill each other seems pretty fair fight
I'll both for kirito FR i mentioned
still does not mean that he would use it before mewtwo mindhaxxes. The unnerve ability would cause kirito to act recklessely, thus it would give mewtwo and edge in it. Mindhax is also instant, it would be a battle of who outspeeds who, and in this case mewtwo has the edge due to passive abilities and mindhax

TheGreatJedi13 said:
They both have chances a ways to kill each other seems pretty fair fight
I'll both for kirito FR i mentioned
also the iq intimidator skill could put a status effect on kirito, causing him to cringe and fail to execute their move

TheGreatJedi13 said:
agree to disagree
also i re-read everything related in quinella and kirito page, nothing prevents mewtwo from using the passive abbilities and cause kirito loss in confidence, imagination, power, making him cringe and fail at attacking. best defence is the manip of your own mind, however it is mind, not related to mewtwo's passive abbilities and skills

we've been going at this back and forth

you keep ignorings kirito's ability to reality warp and probability manip with willpower. its very unlikely to fail a thought based attack because it requires no execution. they both don't go with their strongest hax at first and its a fight on whoever attempts to do it first which can span into multiple possibilities. causing enemy to fear you will make them attack with their strongest attack as well not just cower from you.

this isn't going anywhere so i just agree to disagree and let people vote from what they think

TheGreatJedi13 said:
we've been going at this back and forth
you keep ignorings kirito's ability to reality warp and probability manip with willpower. its very unlikely to fail a thought based attack because it requires no execution. they both don't go with their strongest hax at first and its a fight on whoever attempts to do it first which can span into multiple possibilities. causing enemy to fear you will make them attack with their strongest attack as well not just cower from you.

this isn't going anywhere so i just agree to disagree and let people vote from what they think
so you are taking off your vote?

you do not get the abilitties of mewtwo, sorry, my bad, gotta go in depth.

unnerve literally makes the opponent so nervous they cry (to the point where they can even eat)

pressure puts pressure on you and makes your energy run out faster

iq skill intimidator causes the opponent to cringe and not be able to attack.

all of these distract the opponent from thinking straight (and thus he thinks ga-)

kirito needs thoughts to fight, yet he is fighting mewtwo, the one who counters all straight thinking and has loads of instant ways to mindhax instantly

Back