• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mewtwo vs. Kirito (8 - 7 - 1)

The real cal howard said:
Freezing w/o ABZ doesn't ignore durability so it being this supposed OHKO that we've been perpetuating is like...super false if they have a way out of the ice...which Mewtwo does.
I'm the OP so I shouldn't be debating this, but, oh well. We have never said freezing w/o AZ ignores durability, just that Kirito has higher AP and thus freeze Mewtwo.

I don't think Mewtwo has made a barrier before getting freezed, also, how is Mewtwo breaking out of the ice if he hasn't have higher AP?

I think Kirito's better option is just...hitting Mewtwo. The raw AP difference is more than enough to win. If he's gonna lolfreeze, Mewtwo can break out or cast a thought based barrier that prevents that, because it's not ABZ and therefore it doesn't ignore durability. Then Mewtwo does pretty much anything, like switch their stats or mindhax or timestop. Because being serious plus being ruthless plus precog is going to be problematic.
mewtwo can mindhax after realising his attacks are futile so im also voting mewtwo

How freezing doesn't render someone unconscious? If you are freezed can you make a thought? I don't think it is possible.

Literally every Pokemon can think while frozen, they just can't move while doing it. It's why fire types can thaw themselves after getting frozen by using Flame Wheel and moves like that.

Freezing w/o ABZ doesn't ignore durability so it being this supposed OHKO that we've been perpetuating is like...super false if they have a way out of the ice...which Mewtwo does.
Does it need too?

Kirito is hilariously stronger

Schnee One said:
Does it need too?
Kirito is hilariously stronger
physically, not mentally. mewtwo has all types of ways that can get him out. just because kirito can kill mewtwo in one blast does not mean that mewtwo won't mindhax him first.

It does need to. Because freezing isn't going to turn Mewtwo into viscera given what it is. Honestly, if he used his tendrils, you could argue that those would kill him with the AP difference. But spawning ice on him? Not gonna happen.

this is turning interesting i take back my vote.

as for that every pokemon can think while frozen. isn't that just because they are just encased in ice and not really frozen completely yet that gives them a time to counteract it.

also breaking free from it should give kirito open time to follow up. i don't think mewtwo would just mindhax while still encased in ice or frozen from it. tendril could work on this part as cal said.

TheGreatJedi13 said:
this is turning interesting i take back my vote.
as for that every pokemon can think while frozen. isn't that just because they are just encased in ice and not really frozen completely yet that gives them a time to counteract it.

also breaking free from it should give kirito open time to follow up. i don't think mewtwo would just mindhax while still encased in ice or frozen from it. tendril could work on this part as cal said.
he can still dodge though. literally a whole arsenal of ways to counterattack. Mewtwo could probably use precog to be prepared for the attack. his passive abbilities (pressure and unnerve) would probably make kirito less accurate and more nervous, thus giving mewtwo the full advantage. Petrification, mindhax... i think mewtwo would still win most of the times.

also precog is still not known if passive or not

since the profile says its from future sight which is iirc a move

TheGreatJedi13 said:
also precog is still not known if passive or not
since the profile says its from future sight which is iirc a move
alright, yet it still does not mean he can't escape the ice using teleportation to the void which he can do and then haxing kirito. it does not matter if it omnidirectional or not, mewtwo has multiversal teleportation, thus dodging, he has genius intelligence, which he can use to figure out a plan to annylize and beat kirito, and of course the hax, wich is an instant win

CrackerVolley said:
What about telepathy? Can Mewtwo react to Kirito thinking about his first move?
mewtwo leads with striking his opponent using psychic energy, it does not work cause of AP gape. Kirito uses freeze GG, mewtwo has a bunch of ways to break out. realizing it is futile to use physical attacks, mewtwo would use mindhax GG and make kirito kill himself or sth. I dont think he can react cause the first move is word based.

thats it if Mewtwo is aware of the potency of the flash freeze which mewtwo prolly isn't aware of unless he tries to precog or read the enemies mind as mewtwo's first move but that would put mewtwo being vulnerable to the ice attacks since its thought based and most likely instant.

mewtwo teleporting out somewhere as the initial move is pretty OOC unless mewtwo is aware which in this case mewtwo is not and doesn't have prior knowledge on the enemy

these are the 2 ways it could go that i could think of

1.) they both go with their initial move with thought based flash freeze and psychic attack from mewtwo where my initial says mewtwo not being aware of its potency will get caught and try to break out of it which gives kirito the open time to use tendrils with AP advantage

2.) mewtwo goes for precog and mind reading which puts mewtwo's next action behind the thought based freeze and gets frozen and be vulnerable trying to break it then comes tendrils

also

you can't just say the flash freeze gg happens after the psychic attack since its thought based the realization will come when flash freeze has already taken effect and kirito wasn't affected much by psychic attack. which then already puts mewtwo into a bad situation for being caught in the omnidirectional freeze

TheGreatJedi13 said:
thats it if Mewtwo is aware of the potency of the flash freeze
which mewtwo prolly isn't aware of unless he tries to precog or read the enemies mind as mewtwo's first move but that would put mewtwo being vulnerable to the ice attacks since its thought based and most likely instant.

mewtwo teleporting out somewhere as the initial move is pretty OOC unless mewtwo is aware which in this case mewtwo is not and doesn't have prior knowledge on the enemy

these are the 2 ways it could go that i could think of

1.) they both go with their initial move with thought based flash freeze and psychic attack from mewtwo where my initial says mewtwo not being aware of its potency will get caught and try to break out of it which gives kirito the open time to use tendrils with AP advantage

2.) mewtwo goes for precog and mind reading which puts mewtwo's next action behind the thought based freeze and gets frozen and be vulnerable trying to break it then comes tendrils

also

you can't just say the flash freeze gg happens after the psychic attack since its thought based the realization will come when flash freeze has already taken effect and kirito wasn't affected much by psychic attack. which then already puts mewtwo into a bad situation for being caught in the omnidirectional freeze
i think you got it confused. Mewtwo can break out of the ice. that is why im sayin that, not that it will be his initial move. obviously if you get caught in ice and you can tp, then you would tp out.

i dont think tendrils should be a problem considering mewtwo can teleport away instantly. . Tendrils can be dodged. the omnidirectional freeze can be teleported out of. If it is neccesary mewtwo could create a pocket dimension for protection. He is not an idiot, seeing that the psychic move aint working he would liekly mindhax.

also, mewtwo is thought based, kirito is word based. Though is instant while words are not.

Ionliosite said:
Kirito has used the freeze with a thought, so there is also that.
well yeah, yet you have not said anything about the points we brought up. anyway im going to sleep soon so final words. i think mewtwo has more ways of beating kirito than kirito beating mewtwo. mewtwo takes this mid/high diff

I'm the OP, is up to you to discuss.

On the other hand, I put the vote count wrong in the title, I put Kirito's votes first when Mewtwo is the first on the title, so I inverted it. Anyway, both have 3 votes.

Ionliosite said:
I'm the OP, is up to you to discuss.
On the other hand, I put the vote count wrong in the title, I put Kirito's votes first when Mewtwo is the first on the title, so I inverted it. Anyway, both have 3 votes.
didnt thegreatjedi take off a vote?

Ionliosite said:
Yes, with that Kirito would have 4 votes, but since he removed his vote, Kirito has 3 now.
i need more mewtwo conosoirs here. currently im the only one arguing.

I'm just trying to work things out before I form my answer. It mainly relies on if Mewtwo can live long enough to use mindhax (seems like probably so far).

CrackerVolley said:
I'm just trying to work things out before I form my answer. It mainly relies on if Mewtwo can live long enough to use mindhax (seems like probably so far).
teleportation should get him through indeed

I'm waiting if someone can give light to kirito having all quinella's ability since quinella have performed mind manip feats before. but im not aware of the scale of this one or if it can somehow resist to some extent or if kirito will use law manip from quinella's ability if he sees mewtwo trying to escape with tele or dimensional travel since from what i remember quinella used it to trap cardinal preventing her escape.

TheGreatJedi13 said:
I'm waiting if someone can give light to kirito having all quinella's ability since quinella have performed mind manip feats before. but im not aware of the scale of this one or if it can somehow resist to some extent or if kirito will use law manip from quinella's ability if he sees mewtwo trying to escape with tele or dimensional travel since from what i remember quinella used it to trap cardinal preventing her escape.
mewtwo in just the MMY form was connected to every mind on the planet. that was 5-B mewtwo and now he is far superior. I read about quinella and she needs physical contact to use mind manip which mewtwo resists. neither kirito nor quinella can resist mind manip.

krito wont start by trapping mewtwo in the law manip thingy, mewtwo could teleport out of the ice before he could use it due to it being instant

In terms of mindhax, SM would only scale to base. That's specific to Y, which SM doesn't have access to. Only X.

In terms of mindhax, SM would only scale to base. That's specific to Y, which SM doesn't have access to. Only X.
he is still superior and kirito still has no way around it

The freeze is also instant, that's why it is flash freeze. Has Mewtwo used teleport as a leading move?

Ionliosite said:
The freeze is also instant, that's why it is flash freeze. Has Mewtwo used teleport as a leading move?
if mewtwo gets frozen then he would logically telport out due to his intelligence being colossal. just being frozen would not damage him much due to his resistance to extreme cold. this is in character, mewtwo in character is above genius, meaning that he would not use a leading move whilst he is frozen.

Kirito has frozen characters who resist extreme cold as well, I don't see why Mewtwo wouldn't take much damage, aside from the technique is made to incap.

Ionliosite said:
Kirito has frozen characters who resist extreme cold as well, I don't see why Mewtwo wouldn't take much damage, aside from the technique is made to incap.
mewtwo does not need to move, he needs to think. freeze does not incap thinking and loads of pokemon have been able to think while being frozen in a similar way. We went through this above, explaining that mewtwo has loads of ways to instantly break out/escape the freeze

Back