• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mewtwo vs Darth Nihilus

Mewtwo SSBU
Don't dump me in with the rest.

Nihilus
Or I'll eat your soul!

Mewtwo starts in base but can go into any mega form he wants. Speed equalized

Match was already done (by yours truly). Match was removed for being considered a stomp, and Mewtwo had the means to resist Nihilus's mindhax back then. With Mewtwo's mindhax downgrade, it's even more of a stomp. Nihilus exists GG.

Nihilus is...well he's something else, it's basically just mind hax vs mind hax plus a bunch of other good abilities on top of it

No he's very underrated, but even with wank it's just...it's just sad really, it's basically Star Platinum vs peak The World

Do you happen to have a link to the thread to where this was decided?

If not, i'll try finding it on my own.

I'll see. I think it was linked on the old thread

@Cal two things

1. How so?

2. Can you remove Nihilus's other wins? They're Stomps as well

2. Ok

1. Long-ish story. See, I originally thought that Mewtwo was told to kill people but only banished them as he was able to resist the effects of the golden armor. Turns out, Mewtwo was only told to "get rid" of them. Which he did with aplomb. The outlier was just extra, just like Kaguya.

I found the thread. And honestly im not seeing why the feat isn't legit.

The outlier part of that thread was just completely irrelevant period. People arguing against it used the basis of "The level of Mewtwo's mind hax isnt remotely tier 2", which has nothing to do with mind hax resistance.

Psychic resistance =/= Psychic hax.

The actual point to deny the resistance was the argument of Purple Eyes not intending to kill people and just have Mewtwo BFR or "banish" them elsewhere. However, seeing this and the vid for myself, there's a problem with this argument.

Even if Purple Eyes didnt intend to kill them, he didnt specifically force Mewtwo to banish them to a location that would result in their end. Purple Eyes explicity stated he had no idea where Mewtwo sent Rand and Edward to, so it was all Mewtwo's doing in that instance. And after the Skyfortress is saved and Rand appears, Rand says Mewtwo went to where he and Edward were and saved him.

You can make the argument that Mewtwo resisted the armor to send them to a place Mewtwo can enter to save them later.

The real cal howard said:
Long-ish story. See, I originally thought that Mewtwo was told to kill people but only banished them as he was able to resist the effects of the golden armor. Turns out, Mewtwo was only told to "get rid" of them. Which he did with aplomb. The outlier was just extra, just like Kaguya.
^Mewtwo didn't resist it in the first place

Schnee One said:
The real cal howard said:
Long-ish story. See, I originally thought that Mewtwo was told to kill people but only banished them as he was able to resist the effects of the golden armor. Turns out, Mewtwo was only told to "get rid" of them. Which he did with aplomb. The outlier was just extra, just like Kaguya.
^Mewtwo didn't resist it in the first place
And thats what my point above argues against.

Your counter-argument doesn't prove anything. Mewtwo was told to get rid of them and he complied. "Purple Eyes" not knowing where Mewtwo sent them is completely irrelevant since he made a general order and not a specific one - if Mewtwo had disobeyed he would have resistance, but he was explicitly affected.

Kepekley23 said:
Your counter-argument doesn't prove anything. Mewtwo was told to get rid of them and he complied. "Purple Eyes" not knowing where Mewtwo sent them is completely irrelevant since he made a general order and not a specific one - if Mewtwo had disobeyed he would have resistance, but he was explicitly affected.
Except, it's very relevant.

Because it implies Mewtwo wasnt controlled to the point of him purposely sending them to a place he would later go to rescue them as opposed to, like, a million other places. A "general" order only goes so far and if Mewtwo had no resistance whatsoever, he'd have 0 reason to send them to place they have a way back from.

It doesn't imply anything in the slightest. Mewtwo was given a general order, not a specific one, so he sent them to a random place. He obeyed the order he was given. There's absolutely no proof he resisted it - no offense, but at this point I have to wonder just how massively far one needs to stretch to come to such a conclusion.

And guess what? That "order" wasn't completely obeyed, or else Mewtwo wouldnt have purposely sent those 2 to a place that they would be able to come back from. He would have sent them somewhere fully intended to either have them never come back, die, or worse. This is not a stretch.

Not that it matters. Because checking the vid one more time,Purple Eyes didnt even order Mewtwo to do anything (7:02 on) . After putting the Golden Armor on, all Purple Eyes actively does is give Mewtwo an amp in energy and then Mewtwo himself banishes Rand and Edward.

Purple Eyes never gave a command to Mewtwo in the slightest, nor did he know what happened to them. So this idea of "following an order" is just wrong in general.

Xerkser500 said:
And guess what? That "order" wasn't completely obeyed, or else Mewtwo wouldnt have purposely sent those 2 to a place that they would be able to come back from. He would have sent them somewhere fully intended to either have them never come back, die, or worse. This is not a stretch
The order wasn't specific tho, if it just says "get rid of them" then that's it. It never said for how long or where to send them.

This is just directed towards that part of the comment.

LordGriffin1000 said:
The order wasn't specific tho, if it just says "get rid of them" then that's it. It never said for how long or where to send them.
I understand that but my problem with this is that if Purple Eyes didnt care where Mewtwo would send them off to, why choose a place Mewtwo has access to and actively goes to save them at the end of the game? Either thats a CIS feat or Mewtwo sent them there to get them back later on.

Either way, I just proved Purple Eyes never gave Mewtwo an order to do anything. Mewtwo pretty much did that all on his own after an energy amp.

Back